d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Do You Need Someone To Rule Over You ??
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,149.93
Jan 16 2015 01:40pm
Quote (Tylr @ Jan 16 2015 02:30pm)
State protects you in large by putting fear into people who may otherwise lash out and do violence.
And their are many who would if it werent for their fear of imprisonment.

You realize the fact that the US has the highest prison population in the world is evidence to the contrary right?
Criminals do not fear jail. Some people commit crimes in order to get a free ride in jail.

Having a loaded weapon in plain view would be a MUCH better deterrent for crime and a better fear based tactic to control people who may otherwise lash out and do violence.... But that would require you to defend yourself.

Quote (Mastersam93 @ Jan 16 2015 02:31pm)
Not to mention foreign armies.

When have you needed protection from foreign armies again? Oh right.. irrational fear dictates your decision to be a slave.
A well armed citizenry is a better defensible position than any standing armies.
Gold: 2,407.00
Jan 16 2015 01:41pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 16 2015 02:36pm)
What do you think happens now with government?

They only take a little bit and give back in the form of things like of roads and emergency services.

/e
Quote (datajunky @ Jan 16 2015 02:40pm)
When have you needed protection from foreign armies again? Oh right.. irrational fear dictates your decision to be a slave.
A well armed citizenry is a better defensible position than any standing armies.

I guess 9/11 never happened.

This post was edited by Mastersam93 on Jan 16 2015 01:41pm
Gold: 1,382.83
Jan 16 2015 01:41pm
Let me add,

I believe if the government crumbled right now and just lost all control or influence, I do not believe it would be so good. (I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think it would help anything)
But I think it's totally possible and smooth if it is rid over time through progressive reduction of the state over time, while also educating your people and reducing poverty by redistributing and rethinking where taxes should go so long as we have them.
Gold: 1,382.83
Jan 16 2015 01:42pm
Quote (datajunky @ Jan 16 2015 03:40pm)
You realize the fact that the US has the highest prison population in the world is evidence to the contrary right?
Criminals do not fear jail. Some people commit crimes in order to get a free ride in jail.

Having a loaded weapon in plain view would be a MUCH better deterrent for crime and a better fear based tactic to control people who may otherwise lash out and do violence.... But that would require you to defend yourself.

Obviously it does not work for all people, but don't try to deny that many people only follow law due to their own fear of consequences.
I see these people everyday, and I know without that threat they would do shit.
Gold: 7,525.35
Jan 16 2015 01:46pm
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Jan 16 2015 02:41pm)
They only take a little bit and give  back in the form of things like of roads and emergency services.

"a little bit"

Meanwhile tax freedom day was April 21st and is much much later in some other countries. And that only counts official taxes.
It was May 4th for the state I am living in.

I guess 9/11 never happened.

Now ask why 9/11 happened.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jan 16 2015 01:47pm
Jan 16 2015 01:57pm
Yes you can always protect yourself.
Any instance of danger where you could NOT protect yourself, the state would not save you either.

For the record, I disagree with both of the above lines.

The first one is obviously false as stated. The definition of protect is "keep safe from harm or injury." No one can always keep themselves safe from harm or injury, state or no state.

I'm sure I could also come up with any number of scenarios ranging from plausible to ridiculous where the state could keep someone safe when they theoretically could not in its absence.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2015 02:14pm
All these kids thinking that the walls of their mom's basements are going to protect them from people like me.

Society requires and provides a system of organization to pool resources to provide services that ONLY the state can provide.
Ignorant threads like this exist because little dirtbags want to throw a tantrum about having to contribute to society. Which is ironic because they all most likely live in their mom's basement unemployed anyway.
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 16 2015 02:16pm
Quote (RiskOfFire @ Jan 16 2015 02:14pm)
All these kids thinking that the walls of their mom's basements are going to protect them from people like me.

Society requires and provides a system of organization to pool resources to provide services that ONLY the state can provide.
Ignorant threads like this exist because little dirtbags want to throw a tantrum about having to contribute to society.  Which is ironic because they all most likely live in their mom's basement unemployed anyway.

Jan 16 2015 02:26pm
Quote (RiskOfFire @ Jan 16 2015 03:14pm)

Ignorant threads like this exist because little dirtbags want to throw a tantrum about having to contribute to society.  Which is ironic because they all most likely live in their mom's basement unemployed anyway.

1. Admits to being violent filth that would prey on innocent people.
2. Falsely claims its impossible to have a defense agency and other services in absence of a state.
3. Repetitively insults people unprovoked
4. Falsely claims a healthy intellectual debate is 'ignorant' for questioning the merits of a state.
5. Falsely claims the thread exists because people 'want to throw a tantrum about having to contribute to society.'

Would you like to add anymore despicable or false declarations to the list? Or are you done already?

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jan 16 2015 02:28pm
Gold: 8,933.00
Jan 16 2015 02:33pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 16 2015 02:26pm)
1. Admits to being violent filth that would prey on innocent people.
2. Falsely claims its impossible to have a defense agency and other services in absence of a state.
3. Repetitively insults people unprovoked
4. Falsely claims a healthy intellectual debate is 'ignorant' for questioning the merits of a state.
5. Falsely claims the thread exists because people 'want to throw a tantrum about having to contribute to society.'

Would you like to add anymore despicable or false declarations to the list? Or are you done already?

This too.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll