d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Pastor Punches Kid To Bring Him To The Lord
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2015 10:12pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 15 2015 07:08am)
incapable of admitting when he's wrong as it would destroy his image of himself as some kind of superintelligent demigod.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2015 10:24pm
Quote (Gastly @ 15 Jan 2015 04:12)
http://www.upload.ee/image/4464538/ptkttl.png

I have admitted when I have been wrong on this forum several times. Just ask Voyaging... he's usually the one that makes a case good enough for me to do it.

You can disagree with me and hate me all you want but when it comes to baseless slander borne of the intense butthurt you feel every time you see me post you're just making yourself look silly.
Gold: 17.00
Jan 14 2015 10:28pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 14 2015 10:00pm)
And after a quick easy google search 'pastor punches kid in chest fake' I found verification from the man himself that it was not faked and that he actually did punch the kid in the chest. When challenged he said he does not endorse child abuse (though he clearly did in this video) and that his actions were inexcusable.

look him up, his name is Pastor Eric Dammann from Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey

The video was originally hosted on his churches website until it got circulated around the internet and he was challenged on this gross behaviour, after which the church took it down.

e/ if this was in England he's be arrested for assaulting a minor... It's a testament to how much of a theocracy America is that this man has not been prosecuted.

Because there is a more proper way to handle this legally. You cant just prosecute someone off of something like this that's perversion of justice. This could of just been a some kind made up parable. I get that this is ridiuclous thing to say and you hate america and christianity but dont let it consume your judgement.
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2015 10:39pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 15 2015 07:24am)
hate me

do you know that feeling when you lift a rock only to uncover nasty, slimy centipedes with long legs and disgusting "bodies" running around, burrowing, seeking for cover and centipede-ing around?
that's the feeling that i get when reading your posts.
that, or the feeling that the Germans call fremdscham.

This post was edited by Gastly on Jan 14 2015 10:42pm
Jan 14 2015 10:46pm
Quote (Gastly @ 15 Jan 2015 04:39)
do you know that feeling when you lift a rock only to uncover nasty, slimy centipedes with long legs and disgusting "bodies" running around, burrowing, seeking for cover and centipede-ing around?
that's the feeling that i get when reading your posts.
that, or the feeling that the Germans call fremdscham.

Cool stuff man.

Quote (Historic @ 15 Jan 2015 04:28)
Because there is a more proper way to handle this legally. You cant just prosecute someone off of something like this that's perversion of justice. This could of just been a some kind made up parable. I get that this is ridiuclous thing to say and you hate america and christianity but dont let it consume your judgement.

Well yea... but obviously this demands investigation - but besides the actual assault he should already be being prosecuted for promoting child abuse - especially considering the position of authority he has. Inciting violence even - if you watch the full video he says over and over that you have to take violent action in the name of your faith.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 14 2015 10:50pm
Jan 15 2015 03:16am
wut
Jan 15 2015 03:55am
Quote (Arashiru @ 15 Jan 2015 09:16)
wut

Just an example of the things that happen when ignorant fanatics are faced with the irrefutable argument that there is no convincing or even or rational argument that supports any positive stance on the nature or existence of the divine, the supernatural or any kind of transcendental law.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 15 2015 03:57am
Gold: 0.76
Jan 15 2015 05:23am
Quote (Scaly @ 14 Jan 2015 23:46)
Cool stuff man.

Well yea... but obviously this demands investigation - but besides the actual assault he should already be being prosecuted for promoting child abuse - especially considering the position of authority he has. Inciting violence even - if you watch the full video he says over and over that you have to take violent action in the name of your faith.

the big problem is you are treading in the waters of separation of church and state. What he says in his sermon as far as being evidence in advocating child abuse? I don't think it would work here in the states. There would have to be some Outrage from the parents, and charges filed but they are probably sucked right into the whole thing. You see to the Christians it's a ok story because it ends well. As long as Christ is found at the end ....well the ends justify the means...what's a little child abuse for jesus after all?

When I was a kid I would spend a week in the summer with my aunt and uncle who had a farm and lots of kids. If we got too loud or did something bad they would have a "come to Jesus meetin'"
which was a willow switch and 10-15 lashes on the tops of your thighs..,I never could understand the mixture of violence and the painting of that nice guy holding the lamb.
Gold: 7,252.72
Jan 15 2015 05:26am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 15 2015 06:23am)
the big problem is you are treading in the waters of separation of church and state. What he says in his sermon as far as being evidence in advocating child abuse? I don't think it would work here in the states. There would have to be some Outrage from the parents, and charges filed but they are probably sucked right into the whole thing. You see to the Christians it's a ok story because it ends well. As long as Christ is found at the end ....well the ends justify the means...what's a little child abuse for jesus after all?

When I was a kid I would spend a week in the summer with my aunt and uncle who had a farm and lots of kids. If we got too loud or did something bad they would have a "come to Jesus meetin'"
which was a willow switch and 10-15 lashes on the tops of your thighs..
,I never could understand the mixture of violence and the painting of that nice guy holding the lamb.

...what a load of hooey , you really should be ashamed .
Gold: 0.76
Jan 15 2015 06:12am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 15 Jan 2015 06:26)
...what a load of hooey , you really should be ashamed .

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll