d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Evolution Vs Creation > Discuss - Be Polite - Be Intelligent
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.70
Jan 14 2015 10:54am
In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth And the Earth was a formless void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. But the darkness wasn't empty. It was full of creatures, full of demons. And they had seven keys, formed into a circle that focused the power of the cosmos into their hands, until God stepped forth and said, "let there be light." And there was light. He scattered the demons, and he scattered the keys all across the universe. Then we fast-forward about two or three million millenia. Now the demons are back. They got six of the keys. And one day they find the seventh key here on earth. And to save it, God filled it with the blood of a carpenter who had been crucified by the Romans, and gave it to a thief named Sirach.

Gold: 0.76
Jan 14 2015 11:09am
in 2012 carbon dating stated 5.4 million years go.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 14 2015 11:12am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 14 2015 12:09pm)

what?

I think most scientist agree it was created about 4 billion years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_time

Deep time is the concept of geologic time. The modern philosophical concept was developed in the 18th century by Scottish geologist James Hutton (1726–1797).[1][2] Modern science has since established, after a long and complex history of developments, the age of the Earth at around 4.54 billion years.

This post was edited by card_sultan on Jan 14 2015 11:19am
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 14 2015 11:15am
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 14 2015 07:51pm)
we finally have a yec :o !

yeah, i was about to post something about there probs not being any on this here sub forum before i saw that post
Gold: 540.00
Jan 14 2015 11:21am
• Was the world created in six days?

In the Psalms, it says, “A thousand years in Your sight are as but yesterday.” Rabbi Isaac of Acco, who lived long before carbon dating, used that phrase to determine how long we are meant to believe it took God to Create the world. By using the above phrase, it appears that each God-day is equal to 1,000 man-years.

So, a God-year would equal 365,250 man-years. The Sefer Yetzirah refers to 7 universes, each lasting 7,000 years. If you multiply this out, each cycle would last 2.5 billion years. When I Googled this, I found that the first life on Earth probably emerged 3.5 to 4 billion years ago. That’s a big difference, but, within the same proximity of a modern estimate.

Now, some Kabbalists believe that the biblical account of creation represents the start of the 7th cycle. That means, that, as of Bereshit, the universe was 15.3 billion years old. Scientists now estimate that the universe began some 14 billion years ago.
Jan 14 2015 11:23am
Quote (card_sultan @ 14 Jan 2015 12:12)
what?

I think most scientist agree it was created about 4 billion years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_time

Deep time is the concept of geologic time. The modern philosophical concept was developed in the 18th century by Scottish geologist James Hutton (1726–1797).[1][2] Modern science has since established, after a long and complex history of developments, the age of the Earth at around 4.54 billion years.

I was going for billion fuck my meds today!! I'm off for a while..
Gold: 6,351.00
Jan 14 2015 11:33am
I have this theory which might sound heretical and i apologize to any fellow believer if they are offended. I don't necessarily believe this just it makes sense in my mind. To begin with i'll address the 7 days of creation in Genesis. We have to understand and i'm not sure even many believers understand this but God operates and exists outside of time. He is not bound by time or any other physical laws, he is spirit. He is the great I AM. He existed before our earth was formed, before the creation of our universe before anything he existed. In essence we humans came from his being. Now i think when people refer to the 7 days of creation they assume our earthly 7 days but i like to think that considering God is outside of time to him one day could equal 1000 or 10000 earthly days etc, so i think Gods creation of Terra did take 7 days just not our idea of 7 days. Try reading the Genesis without the notion that this occurred in 7 earthly days and you would notice that there is not much difference between Biblical creation vs secular idea of creation.

Now i would like to address the point at which Adam and Eve bit into the fruit. In my opinion which may be wrong is, that this was the first time that Humans as we know them existed. The biting of the fruit represents achieving conscientiousness of right and wrong. At this point Sin enters our world. Consider this if you see a wolf killing another wolf for a piece of meat would you consider that murder and the wolf should be punished for this? Obviously not. I think like the wolfs we before biting into that fruit were unaware of what is wrong or such abstract things like death. To an extent i believe some aspect of evolution because i think we were apes right up until the point that we bit into that fruit. I do not believe that our complexity came out randomly out of a pool of enzymes and proteins and gradually developed into what we are today. If that were true why do we not see any other species which had just as long as us, develop conscientiousness? And please don't tell me about dogs or dolphins because this would be a laughable comparison.

Edit: There is a great author to our universe that guides it. It is unrealistic for any human to claim what exactly happened because we were not there. No amount of science will eve be sufficient to disprove God.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Jan 14 2015 11:35am
Gold: 18,470.03
Jan 14 2015 12:09pm
Humans have 60% DNA in common with a banana. Food for thought.
Gold: 260.11
Jan 14 2015 12:17pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 14 2015 11:09am)

Carbon dating only works to about 150k years. Uranium dating, and about 10 other methods place the earth at like 4.5 billion years though.

That's something most people don't realize, Carbon dating is only for life forms. It can't be used on fossils because fossils are where mineral has replaced bones. The age of the earth, fossils, etc. are performed by a dozen or so longer lasting radioactive decay events which all agree to within a very short span. It's not one method, it's a dozen the odds of all of them being wrong getting the same answer is astronomically low.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Jan 14 2015 12:18pm
Jan 14 2015 01:10pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 14 Jan 2015 13:17)
Carbon dating only works to about 150k years.  Uranium dating, and about 10 other methods place the earth at like 4.5 billion years though.

That's something most people don't realize, Carbon dating is only for life forms.  It can't be used on fossils because fossils are where mineral has replaced bones.  The age of the earth, fossils, etc. are performed by a dozen or so longer lasting radioactive decay events which all agree to within a very short span.  It's not one method, it's a dozen the odds of all of them being wrong getting the same answer is astronomically low.

what Thor said!... I knew that

I watched it on DeGrasse's The Cosmos what a neat show, the part when she showed the Earths life calender and what a small little corner of it man has occupied. It makes what we are doing to her even more sickening.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll