d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Feminist Experiment > When Women Accept Compliments
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 13 2015 11:05am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 13 2015 05:00pm)
This experiment is so skewed, I'm a supporter of feminist ideals but this is simply a matter of manners. It has nothing to do with the feminist movement
the women in the "test" were empowering the men by responding their responses 
and the when the :"ladies" responded it wasn't warm and answers in the sample sounded rather conceited

the only way that a man's compliment bestows beauty on a woman is if she accepts it and actually adds it to her confidence.

I agree. However I believe this is feminism, but not positive, or accurate depictions of feminism. Trolls trolling trolls and calling it an experiment. I agree with equal treatment of women, but refuse to associate with the title of feminism because of the fringe ideals

This post was edited by TrouNce on Jan 13 2015 11:07am
Jan 13 2015 02:11pm
go back to gc with this bullshit, wheres the door.jpg?
Warn: 10%
Jan 13 2015 02:31pm
Quote (Clicquot @ Jan 13 2015 08:11pm)
go back to gc with this bullshit, wheres the door.jpg?

It'll be ok, bud.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 13 2015 02:47pm
I just heard about this video where a woman (very average looking one too - like not some super model)
walks around the city for 8 hours and films the whole thing with a Go camera. I think she was verbally assaulted/cat called like 800 times?

This was just last week i think, i'm not even sure what to google.

Pretty sad.

Gold: 109.01
Jan 13 2015 03:03pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Jan 13 2015 03:47pm)
I just heard about this video where a woman (very average looking one too - like not some super model)
walks around the city for 8 hours and films the whole thing with a Go camera. I think she was verbally assaulted/cat called like 800 times?

This was just last week i think, i'm not even sure what to google.

Pretty sad.

verbally assaulted is stretching it pretty wide. I saw that video and 95% of it was good natured friendly flirty interaction. Lots of "whats up girl" " how you doing" "how are you this morning" hey beautiful".
link here
http://youtu.be/b1XGPvbWn0A
Jan 13 2015 03:12pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 13 2015 07:25am)
just say thanks  like any normal fucking human being with a bare minimum of bloody godamn manners has

u wot m9?

One of the girls did say "Thanks!" to her compliments and even tried to have conversations with them. Yet, they still get treated like shit.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Jan 13 2015 03:24pm
Its cause most men are talking with and to their male appendage, women talk with their minds - crazy - i know.
Gold: 0.76
Jan 13 2015 04:42pm
She's the only one that said thanks and she still comes across as arrogant. ha ha yes I know I'm beautiful is that a mannerly response? is that a proper feminist response?
he didnj't make her a sex object she made herself one, by acknowledging his statement. a brief thanks and she could feel good at the compliment and he could feel good that he made her happy.
That is what the guys are trying to do. make the girls happy or feel nice. jeesh.

I believe in treating women equally as men I think we are all the same, should earn the same, and should all treat each other with humility and manners that is just being a decent human being it doesn't matter whether you've got a ying yang or a willy.

Gold: 22,720.48
Jan 13 2015 05:02pm
/gasp

You mean a woman is treated poorly on the internet for an arrogant response? call the presses!
Not much of an experiment. Nor is it "accepting" a compliment. Accepting a compliment would involve thanking the person and moving on, not replying in a manner that was meant to create a negative response, which is exactly what they were going for with the 'experiment"

This post was edited by Arsenic_Touch on Jan 13 2015 05:04pm
Jan 13 2015 05:02pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Jan 13 2015 02:42pm)
She's the only one that said thanks and she still comes across as arrogant.  ha ha yes I know I'm beautiful is that a mannerly response? is that a proper feminist response?

Sure it's a fine response. For all he knows, she could have meant it in a playful way or even trying to display some confidence.

"Hey nice car!"
"Thanks! It's really awesome!"
"Wow you arrogant prick. Stop being such a showboat."

...is how this whole thing comes across.

he didnj't make her a sex object she made herself one, by acknowledging his statement. a brief thanks and she could feel good at the compliment and he could feel good that he made her happy.
That is what the guys are trying to do. make the girls happy or feel nice.  jeesh.

Yeah, no. You're delusional if you think they didn't have the intention of at least scoring a date by dropping "compliments." If they were concerned about paying people compliments and making others happy, they'd compliment more than just pretty girls on their looks. I doubt they're browsing social media, checking out guys' profiles, then being all like "wow you have such great abs!"

They don't do that because it's well...gay. It would be a sign of sexual interest in the man. Yet, if they say things like that to women, with obvious intentions of sexual interest, we turn it back around like it's the other people's fault for not wanting to be bothered by strangers on the internet who could be filled with STDs, serial killers, scam artists, or just douchebag neckbeards that can't approach women in real life.

I believe in treating women equally as men I think we are all the same, should earn the same, and should all treat each other with humility and manners that is just being a decent human being it doesn't matter whether you've got a ying yang or a willy.

Then take women off that pedestal you have them on. Want to treat them the same? Then strike up a normal conversation with them beyond "I liek ur boobs if u dont have sex with me ur a bitch." They get bad breath, smelly genitals after not showering for days, have dirty, sexual, and perverted fantasies, and are capable of having manners when you compliment them on their merits.

Getting all pissy because girls don't like being hit on by strangers is more of a reflection on you, not them.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12347Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll