d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Trifluxfeatures > Modifying Existing Features
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 3,050.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 11 2015 06:22pm
I will start out by saying that this may help JSP grow as the leading gaming and trading community by implementing a series of sub-forums or a separate forum in itself that allows JSP users to vote up/down or bump up/down nearly everything that users have to offer.The "TriFluxFeatures"( I came up with the name because of the constant changes that a user on jsp experiences in terms of "new signatures","star upgrades","orb changes" and all of the constant bumping up of popular threads no matter what particular sub forum they come from". FluxFeatures will reward users for posting useful information,ideas, advice, quotes, and much much more by utilizing JSP's already popular bumping system the only difference being that a jsp user would be allowed to rate the usefulness of any particular thread, etc. A threads "usefulness" could possibly allow the author of the thread to bump it earlier after receiving consistent(1-10, 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest) high ratings from other users! I came up with several FluxFeatures that I think deserve this extra "treatment". The features will be broken down into 6 entities(or more common guys feed this idea) that function on their own in their own unique and different way with much room for "idea modification and improvement as I am not saying that this is anything more then a kickstarter idea that could grow into a full fledged integrative part of JSP". The reason for the name Triflux is due to the fact that some of the entities will operate under pyramid like themes, and the "pyramids" will be changing all the time! UpVotes or UpBumps will allow a particular thread to climb the "pyramid" The most popular being gracefully atop the pyramid, and the least popular being at the low end of the pyramid. The pyramids could all function differently as you will see but mainly function as a "Whats popular and trending now in a particular subforum" 2 or more types of pyramids could exist within a particular subforum. 1 being a useful to new users and existing users pyramid that mimics the tops of subforums as we see them today with an added "What's trending, popular,useful". The several features or pyramids that I see having the most success are as follows! This is just a series of ideas that may already exist on jsp or may not that I think could be useful!

In a "constantly changing" world not just gaming world I like to think that the sharing of information, ideas, and services here on jsp can keep users ahead of the curve on all fronts, and because we all love the multi-faceted usability of forum gold. Why not reward users even more through the donation and gift system already in place!

1. Ecoflux-"Constantly changing ecological and economical solutions"
a. Are you a professional in an industry and have valuable advice/opinions you could share with other jsp users that might help them in some way/shape/form.Post the help you seek, or what you have to offer and see if you can find the answers your looking for!
b. Useful advice can be bumped up and rated for it's usefulness and practicality
c. Can't answer but know someone who can. Provide users with an easier way to share user names(users permitting)
d. Allow users to enter their zipcode to easily reach jsp users who might be in their area(This can lead to lan parties and organized tournaments through jsp as well)
Examples: Question:I'm going to be getting my yard re-sodded and my yard is(200ftx200ft) no front yard, and I'm getting a huge range in the quotes from landscaping companies. Anyone have an idea of what it might cost I'm from Illinois and live near Chicago.
Answer: Ask JoeSmoLandscaper@jsp(allow the users name to be easily linked if they permit it) he's in that area and might have a better idea on a price or might be able to do the job for cheaper!
Question: Does anyone know anything about the current price in gold and where it might be headed.
Answer: Stockmarketgoldslinger@jsp is a financial adviser @ goldman sachs he can probably help you buddy.

2. Spiritflux-"Constant changes in spiritual aspirations"
a. Users post famous quotes from spiritual gurus or from their own imagination
b. The quotes are voted on daily with a "quote of the day" "quote of the week" "quote of the month"
c. They don't have to be limited to just quotes they can be phrases,ideas, or anything relating to spirituality/religion/enlightenment
d. I would say to have it broken down into(Christianity, Buddhism, etc) but I believe when someone see's a quote from a person who is not of their religion they gain a certain level of respect for that person as an individual.

3. FluxMusic-"Music that changes and inspires you"
a. Users have the opportunity to post their favorite tunes from their favorite artists or from what they just recorded smashing it in their very own garage.
b. Music pyramids separated by genre and whether or not they are from an actual artist or themselves!
c. Top voted or bumped music from someone who is not an existing artist get's rewarded in some way whether it be plain exposure or more youtube hits or a small donation of fg from the forum bank at the end of the week/month.
d. Make it easier for people who love house music or hard rock to share their passion for the genre they love.

4. FluxArt-"Art that moves you"
a. Help give back to those artists that make your personalized signatures "awesome".
b. Give jsp artists a user rating based on peoples feedback on the artwork they do for other users. Icons,Sigs,etc base it on a (1-10 or A-F rating) so people can start to gain a reputation and (talent points) or some form of recognition because they deserve it.
c. Allow users to post their own paintings,drawings, and photoshop artwork for it to be voted up and down the pyramid similar to the way the music feature would work with a seperation by styles of artwork.

5. FluxStreaming-"Gaming Revolutionized"
a. Bump and vote up your favorite gamers that stream your favorite games.
b. If the streamers aren't jsp users. Try and get them to become one because the new streaming features jsp offers look amazing and a streamer would love to get fg for giving lessons and become a part of the greater jsp community and gain onto their fan base!

6. FluxCauses-"Everyone fights for someone or something"
a. Allow users to vote on all of the great causes out there from research for diseases to raising money for a person suffering from cancer.
b. Provide links to "causes" sites.
c. Allow a user to post proof of what they donate to a particular cause privately to jsp admins and trusted's allowing them to gain HEART icons(possibly to the left of their jsp user name)(or added next to the stars)(mimicking the star donations) and starting a new way of showing donations in a new light!

Hope these ideas can stimulate some of you into thinking up even better ideas branching from what I have started here

Much love and respect for the D2JSP community,

Best regards,

Tia
Jan 14 2015 12:44pm
I understand that this is the basic premise already for jsp and some of this stuff is already being used in a similar fashion. What I'm asking for is a little change that might attract more people to JSP. I understand that jsp is like a gaming underground only meant to be found by true gamers, but it doesn't hurt to get it some much needed exposure from new avenues whether they be jsp apps for phones(that can be simple but fun and interactive for jsp users and non users). Why isn't there a d2jsp clothing store that focuses on the art done by people from jsp. I guess all I was trying to say as a suggestion was get jsp "out there" it could become something so much bigger and so much more respected in terms of a gaming and trading community! No average joe or jessica is going to google d2jsp ever and maybe their not suppose too, but what's the harm in letting people who don't necessarily understand gaming a chance to view and become a part of something that truly is a revolutionary website! Thanks again to anyone who actually read through all my mumbo jumbo! They are just suggestions and even if they suck at least their an attempt at a better, bigger, more complex JSP community. If i have to make a youtube hit or start wearing a shirt "Do you even jsp" I'll do it, and i'll do it proudly!

Once again much love!

Tia
Jan 21 2015 12:51pm
I believe some of these could be made into mobile web apps. That could make things interesting!!
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll