d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Charlie Hebdo Massacre - Reactions From Muslims
Prev1202122
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Jan 18 2015 05:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 18 2015 06:08pm)
Lol, you have to be saying that ironically.  I bet nationalism probably takes the cake after the Nazi party.

I think he meant to say Communism.
Gold: 285.00
Jan 18 2015 05:36pm
Quote (IceMage @ Jan 18 2015 06:23pm)
I think he meant to say Communism.

A lot of people did die as a result of communism. You can't judge by raw numbers though, you have to judge according to the amount of people it wiped off the planet in percentage. Communism seems like it killed a lot of people because there were so many people on the planet when it came about. I bet capitalism is right up there with communism, especially if you throw in commodities that consumers were tricked into buying for so long, like cigarettes, and the denial of services because of price restrictions, like health care. Also the American wars in the Philippines, in Korea, and throughout America's high days of imperialism, was all driven by the idea that markets had to expand and grow.

In communism you have Stalin and a few starvation, most notably the Khmer Rogue. The early starvation after the Russian revolution were already happening when the revolution came about and was really the principle reason for the revolution (bread and peace). A lot of folks were killed during the Cultural Revolution in China...but probably not as many as were killed during the Reign of Terror in France at the onset of Democracy, especially if you measure the executions on a per capita basis...

I think the point is, if you look at the history of any given society, is that you can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

This post was edited by Skinned on Jan 18 2015 05:38pm
Gold: 0.00
Jan 18 2015 05:43pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ 18 Jan 2015 20:27)
You are a bigot that doesn't understand that fringe cases cannot be applied to the whole population. I can use the same warped logic you use and say that atheism is the cause of millions of death in soviet russia therefore all atheism is the sponsor of genocide and mass murder. Not all people that call themselves Christian are good people. Many use God as rallying cry for their personal conquests power, influence et cetera. I know your intolerant inverted logic cannot comprehend but not all Muslim are terrorist, not all Jews are money hungry, and not everyone that calls themselves a Christian adheres to the teaching of the Bible.

Atheism is not an ideology you can adhere to. It has no dogma. It is simply a single position on a single issue. Atheism cannot be blamed for the atrocities in the USSR because atheism was not responsible. The fault lay with an ideology that included atheism as one of it's many stances.

Christianity is an ideology however and the adherants of Judeo-Christian religions have repeatedly, and continue to, interpret their scripture and their faith in ways that motivate atrocities and infringe upon the freedoms of others.

Quote (bogie160 @ 18 Jan 2015 22:00)
Atheism has killed more people than any other ideology.

Again - Atheism is not an ideology.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 18 2015 05:44pm
Gold: 9,039.20
Jan 18 2015 05:46pm
Communism isn't meant to be taken seriously, it was just a tool to get people to overthrow the existing order so those in charge could take advantage of the chaos and could install their own despot.

I'm not sure who I feel sorry for, all those people who died trying to live through their ideals or the suckers who still believe Communism is something obtainable and valid.

This post was edited by j0ltk0la on Jan 18 2015 05:47pm
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 18 2015 05:54pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 19 2015 02:36am)
I bet capitalism is right up there with communism, especially if you throw in commodities that consumers were tricked into buying for so long, like cigarettes, and the denial of services because of price restrictions, like health care.

triangle slave trade fits right in there as well.
and how come Congo free state never gets any attention

Quote (Skinned @ Jan 19 2015 02:36am)
In communism you have Stalin and a few starvation, most notably the Khmer Rogue.

eh well, the Khmer Rouge had to be ousted by the commie Vietnamese and they pretty much renounced communism (in their own words)
Stalin's kind of a biggie what with the forced relocations of whole peoples (the Chechen exile is a notable one) and the gulag-system and all.

Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 19 2015 02:46am)
or the suckers who still believe Communism is something obtainable and valid.

the dialectic is inevitable. :P

This post was edited by Gastly on Jan 18 2015 05:54pm
Gold: 6.66
Jan 18 2015 05:57pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 19 2015 01:46am)
Communism isn't meant to be taken seriously, it was just a tool to get people to overthrow the existing order so those in charge could take advantage of the chaos and could install their own despot.

I'm not sure who I feel sorry for, all those people who died trying to live through their ideals or the suckers who still believe Communism is something obtainable and valid.

:thumbsup:
Jan 18 2015 05:58pm
Dialectical Determinism
Jan 18 2015 06:07pm
Quote (Scaly @ Jan 18 2015 05:43pm)
Atheism is not an ideology you can adhere to. It has no dogma. It is simply a single position on a single issue. Atheism cannot be blamed for the atrocities in the USSR because atheism was not responsible. The fault lay with an ideology that included atheism as one of it's many stances.

Christianity is an ideology however and the adherants of Judeo-Christian religions have repeatedly, and continue to, interpret their scripture and their faith in ways that motivate atrocities and infringe upon the freedoms of others.

Not true for atheists though, they live through the same ideals as Christians, they gave the nameless a name and believe that this namless-name cannot have the same problems they believe to be true for Christianity. Atheism's biggest fault, apart from not believing in God, is of course not acknowledging the things they're too scared to let go. Scared of the spooks? No, you embraced them and continued them as an ideal.

Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Jan 18 2015 06:14pm
Quote (j0ltk0la @ Jan 19 2015 03:07am)
Not true for atheists though, they live through the same ideals as Christians, they gave the nameless a name and believe that this namless-name cannot have the same problems they believe to be true for Christianity. Atheism's biggest fault, apart from not believing in God, is of course not acknowledging the things they're too scared to let go. Scared of the spooks? No, you embraced them and continued them as an ideal.

Stirner's a spook
Jan 18 2015 06:16pm
Quote (Gastly @ Jan 18 2015 06:14pm)
Stirner's a spook

A man who didn't believe in half-measures.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1202122
Add Reply New Topic New Poll