d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Tasers Put Cops Lives In Jeopardy
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,590.64
Jan 8 2015 11:43pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 8 2015 08:41pm)
are you sick or feeling ill? you should go see a doctor, i'm concerned for your mental well being here because you've posted your first niggerless video

lol

Gold: 109.01
Jan 8 2015 11:53pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jan 9 2015 12:37am)
That's shit money. I made that money as a fucking intern.

Cops should make 150 grand per year (minimum) if they live in an urban area.

52K is more then most Americans make and is on par with a tenured teacher or many starting professors which takes a great deal more education and investment as an occupation. We dont pay our active military 52K on avg let alone 150K if you want to bring up the "dangerous profession angle" (not even top 5).
If police officers are willing and able to take the job at 52K then thats what the market bears. Since these men and women are publicly funded, then I sure as shit dont want more theft via my taxes to increase to pay an artificially high salary for predominately road pirates and victim-less crime enforcement.
The recent massive reduction in low level enforcement of ordinance in NY shows us that the public and society can handle far less police intrusion into our daily lives.

People are killed by unarmed men, it happens. You can die getting hit in the head once, let alone other serious effects of brain trauma. I sincerely hope all police get body cams asap so we can really see what goes on out there. It's going to vindicate a lot of cops. You can't go selecting police officers by gender or race, you need to select police officers by who is qualified to do the job.

This I agree with, it's one of the things that I found disturbing about the michael brown shooting. People kept saying "unarmed" like a mantra which implied not dangerous while dismissing the fact MB attempted to get an officers firearm or that the size disparity between the two ought to have been resolved in some brawl instead.

While statistics for officers murdered with their own weapons are difficult to research, we know from the Los Angeles Police Protection League, the FBI and www.odmp.org that between 2000-10, at least 51 officers were killed by alleged perpetrators who used the officer's own gun.

This post was edited by Master_Zappy on Jan 9 2015 12:00am
Gold: 12,730.67
Jan 8 2015 11:58pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 8 2015 09:42pm)
Its higher than 78% of the working population according to the 2010 census.

And being an urban cop is significantly harder than most jobs, derp.
Gold: 7,525.35
Jan 9 2015 12:49am
Quote (thundercock @ Jan 9 2015 12:58am)
And being an urban cop is significantly harder than most jobs, derp.

You think a job is "harder" therefore they should get paid 5-6x more than the average person they are allegedly serving, plus insane benefits?

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Jan 9 2015 12:49am
Gold: 12,730.67
Jan 9 2015 01:06am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 8 2015 10:49pm)
You think a job is "harder" therefore they should get paid 5-6x more than the average person they are allegedly serving, plus insane benefits?

Absolutely. Cops keep the peace. They are probably THE most important job in society.
Gold: 2,617.52
Jan 9 2015 01:20am
Quote (thundercock @ Jan 9 2015 01:37am)
That's shit money. I made that money as a fucking intern.

Cops should make 150 grand per year (minimum) if they live in an urban area.

They should at least raise the bar on entrance and training then. I feel like its not too high even though the supply for cops outweighs demand.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 9 2015 01:23am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 9 2015 06:49am)

Police should be under a close eye, and in time of police brutality should be slammed into the system, do not pass go.. With that being said, if your job was to protect and serve, and your life is constantly in danger, even the easy aspects of it like traffic patrol, you deserve compensation. My brother in law was a good cop who's career ended early because he tore his rotator cuff apprehending a suspect. His "insane" pension is roughly 30k a year, and out of pocket around 500ish a month for health insurance for his family.. And that was in one of America's top 20 most dangerous cities, Salisbury Maryland.

Cops deserve a whole lot more than what they get, in every aspect of that statement.
Gold: 0.76
Jan 9 2015 04:54am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ 8 Jan 2015 19:34)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM

I can't count how many times I've heard in the whole police brutality saga that police should be using tasers on people.  Well tasers are not always effective.  If your life is in jeopardy you need to defend yourself with lethal force.  This video is a perfect example of what cops have to deal with and why cops need to be allowed to defend themselves.  This guy is tased at least 3 times and basically makes these wimpy cops look pathetic. 
You need brutes to do this job not the feminized hipsters that complain about how the job is done.

People are killed by unarmed men, it happens.  You can die getting hit in the head once, let alone other serious effects of brain trauma.  I sincerely hope all police get body cams asap so we can really see what goes on out there.  It's going to vindicate a lot of cops.  You can't go selecting police officers by gender or race, you need to select police officers by who is qualified to do the job.

Yay!! NIN isn't a racist!!! kids ride where ever you want on the bus!

I'm not either, What I am is against a police state, now we don't know the back story on this movie, but we do know is that when we come in the perp. is on his knees cornered by the cops, and is asking them why they want to arrest him, the one cop tells him to shut up and lay down, and he does answer fuck no why do I have to? Then the other Cop loses patience and says" I'm not doing this all night" and grabs the perp and puts him on the ground.

Now this is the common trend....cops lose patience.. put citizen on the ground and the scene turns to shit.
Cops lose patience.....turns to shit!!!
public servant loses patience with those he's supposed to serve and they wind up: tazed, beaten, and dead
cop loses patience is the fucking common trend

if Darren Wilson had not slammed the car door into Michale Brown and shouted "fuck you" If instead he had kept his cool and called for back-up look how different things would be
if Daniel Pantaleo had taken the time to talk to Eric Garner look how different things would be
if Tim Loehmann had taken just a few more seconds to survey the situation before pulling his trigger look how different things would be

the sad thing is I could fill this page up with cases where if a police man had used just a little patience lives would have changed.
I know you blue-bloods will rally and say every second counts and it's the cop's life vs. the perp's, but we've been witness to the fact that it's not true
that discernment is the true right way, policing our streets with the Marine Creedo of kill em' all and let god sort out the good ones is not policing our streets
it's a form of terrorism
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 9 2015 09:44am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jan 9 2015 12:49am)

how can some cap of compensation relative to the public they serve have anything to do with an argument that is clearly a supply vs. demand driven scenario.

Less cops want to work in urban areas with high crime rates, therefore to ensure good candidates rather than the bottom of the barrel you need to pay more.

This same type of wage setting equality bullshit is the same force that drives my special education teacher girlfriend to be paid on the same scale as a gym teacher even though they were hired the same year and she was 1 of 3 qualified candidates and he was 1 of 214. No im not fudging those numbers you read them correctly.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 9 2015 09:44am
Gold: 63,142.89
Jan 9 2015 03:24pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Jan 8 2015 07:34pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNXdzPTkviM

I can't count how many times I've heard in the whole police brutality saga that police should be using tasers on people.  Well tasers are not always effective.  If your life is in jeopardy you need to defend yourself with lethal force.  This video is a perfect example of what cops have to deal with and why cops need to be allowed to defend themselves.  This guy is tased at least 3 times and basically makes these wimpy cops look pathetic. 
You need brutes to do this job not the feminized hipsters that complain about how the job is done.

People are killed by unarmed men, it happens.  You can die getting hit in the head once, let alone other serious effects of brain trauma.  I sincerely hope all police get body cams asap so we can really see what goes on out there.  It's going to vindicate a lot of cops.  You can't go selecting police officers by gender or race, you need to select police officers by who is qualified to do the job.

Tasers are not always effective. They should carry tasers and guns. They should use escalating levels of force depending on the situation.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll