d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Inquiry Tells Us What We Knew All Along > Guantanamo Torture
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 10 2014 07:37am
Quote (R8V10 @ Dec 10 2014 08:34am)
who cares about terrorists being tortured?

It's much more humane to have Air Force guys in comfy chairs drop drones on their villages.
Gold: 8,933.00
Dec 10 2014 07:41am
Quote (R8V10 @ Dec 10 2014 07:34am)

People who care about what it means to represent the United States?
Gold: 129.89
Dec 10 2014 07:57am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Dec 10 2014 02:10am)
http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/torture-report-finds-cia-s-brutal-tactics-didn-t-make-u-s-safer-after-9-11-1.2138970

Tldr

All torturing people did was get false information , it didn't prevent any attacks , didn't make anyone safer ... All it did was sink your nation to below the level of the terrorists you wanted to harm.

I said it time and time again ... You won't get any reliable information through these tactics and methods ... And you present a negative viewpoint to your allies .

I'm pretty sure if a "9/11" happened to a major country in Europe, they would of done their own "interrogation" methods...... torture or w/e

I'm also a thousand % sure if another " 9/11 happened tomorrow , there would be some more of this so called "torture".
Gold: 367.00
Dec 10 2014 07:59am
Quote (R8V10 @ 10 Dec 2014 08:34)

Probably those of us who think our money could be spent better than to pay some sick fuck to torture people for no reason

Quote (josh2234 @ 10 Dec 2014 08:57)
I'm pretty sure if a "9/11" happened to a major country in Europe, they would of done their own "interrogation" methods...... torture or w/e

I'm also a thousand % sure if another " 9/11 happened tomorrow , there would be some more of this so called "torture".

Oh, well in that case that makes it ok

This post was edited by bigbrd222 on Dec 10 2014 08:01am
Gold: 0.76
Dec 10 2014 08:44am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 10 Dec 2014 08:02)
...yes , especially compared to what was at stake .

Quote (IceMage @ 10 Dec 2014 08:20)
CIA brass and other officials there seem to think these enhanced techniques are necessary, so I'll trust their opinions over a politically driven report from liberal scum.

Quote (R8V10 @ 10 Dec 2014 08:34)

You wonderful patriots you, you do realize that some of the men they tortured were people that they didn't even know. There were men who were never charged with a crime in fact never even out right suspected of covert activities.

to allow, or not stop the CIA when they wanted to waterboard them, put them in icebaths shackle them to the bare concrete in the winter, keep them awake for 180 hours through sleep deprivation, to threaten unspeakable crimes against their families. to make them wear diapers and to force them to live in their own fecal waste.
Makes Cheney and Bush just as guilty as the men who carried out the torture.

These are crimes against humanity not against a certain country or religion, this is some people exacting retribution upon helpless prisoners. The people who are responsible for this are animals and should be treated as such they should be caught and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.
This makes me sad to be an American..

Dec 10 2014 08:53am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Dec 10 2014 09:44am)
You wonderful patriots you, you do realize that some of the men they tortured were people that they didn't even know. There were men who were never charged with a crime in fact never even out right suspected of covert activities.

to allow, or not stop the CIA when they wanted to waterboard them, put them in icebaths shackle them to the bare concrete in the winter, keep them awake for 180 hours through sleep deprivation, to threaten unspeakable crimes against their families. to make them wear diapers and to force them to live in their own fecal waste.
Makes Cheney and Bush just as guilty as the men who carried out the torture.

These are crimes against humanity not against a certain country or religion, this is some people exacting retribution upon helpless prisoners. The people who are responsible for this are animals and should be treated as such they should be caught and imprisoned for the rest of their lives.
This makes me sad to be an American..

Save your crocodile tears.

They erred with the mistaken identities... so what? Shit happens in the theater of war.

It makes me sad that these methods won't be continued in the future(at least to our knowledge).

It's also interesting to me when liberals express anger towards this report, yet are quite reserved when speaking of their own countrymen being beheaded. Just another reason I think liberals are morally bankrupt.

This post was edited by IceMage on Dec 10 2014 08:56am
Gold: 10.77
Dec 10 2014 09:15am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Dec 10 2014 05:53am)
can you honestly say the torture listed below is considered "roughing up" ?  And you consider yourself a christian...these are acts that no man of god would condone, and all for naught.
the report clearly says that they didn't receive any good intel out of the torture.

Under any common meaning of the term, CIA detainees were tortured," she declared, commanding the Senate floor for an extended accounting of the techniques identified in the investigation.

The report catalogued the use of ice baths, death threats, shackling in the cold and much more. Three detainees faced the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding. Many developed psychological problems.

But the "enhanced interrogation techniques" didn't produce the results that really mattered, the report asserts in its most controversial conclusion. It cites CIA cables, emails and interview transcripts to rebut the central justification for torture -- that it thwarted terror plots and saved American lives.

Earlier this year, Feinstein accused the CIA of infiltrating Senate computer systems in a dispute over documents as relations between the investigators and the spy agency deteriorated, the issue still sensitive years after Obama ordered a halt to any such interrogation practices upon taking office.

After al-Qaida operative Abu Zubaydah was arrested in Pakistan in 2002, the CIA received permission to use waterboarding, sleep deprivation, close confinement and other techniques. Agency officials added unauthorized methods, the report says.

At least five men in CIA detention received "rectal rehydration," a form of feeding through the rectum. The report found no medical necessity for the treatment.
At least three in captivity were told their families would suffer, with CIA officers threatening to harm their children, sexually abuse the mother of one man, and cut the throat of another man's mother.

Redha al-Najar, a former Osama bin Laden bodyguard, was the first prisoner there. CIA interrogators found that after amonth of sleep deprivation, he was a "broken man." But the treatment got worse, with officials lowering food rations, shackling him in the cold and giving him a diaper instead of toilet access.

Gul Rahman, a suspected extremist, received enhanced interrogation there in late 2002, shackled to a wall in his cell and forced to rest on a bare concrete floor in only a sweatshirt. The next day he was dead. A CIA review and autopsy found he died of hypothermia.

halid Sheikh Mohammed, the Sept. 11 mastermind, received the waterboarding treatment 183 times. At one point, he was waterboarded for not confirming a "nuclear suitcase" plot the CIA later deemed a scam. Another time, his waterboarding produced a fabricated confession about recruiting black Muslims in Montana.

After reviewing 6 million agency documents, investigators said they could find no example of unique, life-saving intelligence gleaned from coercive techniques. The report claims to debunk the CIA's assertion its practices led to bin Laden's killing.

He is not a Christian. His religion is Rightwingism.
Gold: 10.77
Dec 10 2014 09:17am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2014 07:53am)

It's also interesting to me when liberals express anger towards this report, yet are quite reserved when speaking of their own countrymen being beheaded.  Just another reason I think liberals are morally bankrupt.

Republicans deserve it. Every single captured republican deserves to be tortured by the enemy.
Dec 10 2014 09:19am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Dec 10 2014 10:17am)
Republicans deserve it. Every single captured republican deserves to be tortured by the enemy.

Fuck off Commie.
Gold: 500.00
Dec 10 2014 09:34am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2014 09:53am)
Save your crocodile tears.

They erred with the mistaken identities... so what?  Shit happens in the theater of war.

It makes me sad that these methods won't be continued in the future(at least to our knowledge).

It's also interesting to me when liberals express anger towards this report, yet are quite reserved when speaking of their own countrymen being beheaded.  Just another reason I think liberals are morally bankrupt.

26 out of the 119 people they had in custody should not have been there, that is not a trivial error

if 22% of all people who faced the death penalty turned out to have been wrongfully convicted there would be an outrage ~ not amongst conservatives of course, just amongst decent folks

the last line is pretty funny coming from people who are willing to abandon all sense of what is right and wrong to get revenge and inflict cruel torture that serves no greater good other than satiating your blood thirsty vengeful nature upon those you feel have wronged you

i don't compromise my sense of morality when convenient and don't spew lies about my actions saving lives to excuse abhorrent behavior that society finds morally repugnant

that's what it means to have moral principles and you'd know this if you had any to begin with
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123413Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll