d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions > If You Are Selling Items Make It Illegal Trade! > If The Seller Doesnt Set An Asking Price
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 140.00
Dec 9 2014 10:29am
No where else in the world is it an acceptable practice so sell wares without the seller setting a price. I don't care if the price is too high but a price should be listed with the item that is up for sale!
Retired Moderator
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 9 2014 12:20pm
Quote (FoolsgoldDigger @ Dec 9 2014 11:29am)
No where else in the world is it an acceptable practice so sell wares without the seller setting a price. I don't care if the price is too high but a price should be listed with the item that is up for sale!

I feel there are exceptions to this.

Rare items being the key exception (talking about D2)

If you don't get any price checks, you don't want to under sell an item because you do not know the value.

specially someone who's knew, people will take advantage of it. Someone could think 1kfg is a lot while others would think 10kfg is a lot.

Another thing, If I see someone is asking 450 for a nef rune, I don't even think twice when I move to the next thread... I won't offer 1fg for it.

This post was edited by Panjer on Dec 9 2014 12:20pm
Gold: 0.00
Dec 9 2014 12:31pm
Anyone is free to offer what they wish for items, and the seller is free to take any offer they'd like.

They are enabled to do this because they have rightful ownership. Listing an item "for sell" is just that, it's for sell. It's always optional to specify price or deny any consumer (although that might get you in trouble in some cases within retail stores).

Just like the donor forum, people will list things they want to sell. Just because they want to sell something doesn't mean that they will. Or will specify at what they will sell/trade it for, since selling is just trading currency for currency.
Gold: 79,066.03
Dec 9 2014 12:36pm
I guess dude has never heard of an auction before...

Lots of people auction items in real life with reserves set to stop the items from selling too cheap...

Edit. It just takes a little bit longer on here because we can't get all the interested parties online at the same time to bid.

This post was edited by hasteful on Dec 9 2014 12:37pm
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll