d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > White People Openly Confessing Crimes?
Prev12345611Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,525.35
Dec 7 2014 11:09am
Quote (duffman316 @ Dec 7 2014 11:27am)
no one is saying being white is a get out of jail free card and no one is saying ever black guy walking down the street is being choked to death by cops

you seriously believe society reacts the same way to white people committing crimes as it does black people?

and this idiotic argument about appearance being a factor was smashed to bits in another video in the same thread and the best response your kind could come up with was saying that racial profiling is natural

similar clothing here, feel free to admit you were wrong anytime or deflect to a different issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7i60GuNRg

It wasn't 'smashed to bits'. It was a valid point regardless of other videos. It definitely WAS a large factor. If the white guy was 220 pounds and dressed like eminem creeping up to the car I'd bet he would get severe negative reactions too.
The white guy looked like he locked his keys in the car and wasn't trying to hide anything. It was also clear he didn't know his ass from his elbow. He looked very unthreatening.
Appearance and mannerisms were still in play in the second video btw. He sounded guilty as shit, was dressed worse, and was very skittish.

You also aren't addressing the point that was made. You are strawmanning.
Saying "3) much of the same shit happens to black people" does not mean we are denying that profiling/racism exists or that reactions might be disparate when partaking in sketchy activities in a neighborhood filled with people of another race.

Yes its natural to be more suspicious of things that stick out as unusual and suspicious.. common sense.
Can I even mention statistics without being called a racist? Young black males dressed like thugs are far and away more likely to be committing crimes than the general population. When they are dropped into the middle of Beverly Hills 90210 of course the reactions will be negative when they are jacking a car or a bike.

Its a shame that you have to turn the issue of police brutality into a 'white people are racists' witch hunt while trying to deny obvious facts and say we're somehow "wrong" for poking holes in your agenda.

This post was edited by cambovenzi on Dec 7 2014 11:10am
Gold: 8,933.00
Dec 7 2014 11:12am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Dec 7 2014 10:53am)
ITT things that never happened.

I fully believe that shit can happen. I grew up with a "friend" who, by the time he turned 18, had a criminal record 5 inches thick. He was guilty of all kinds of shit, not just drug use and dealing, but destroying $33K in gravestones in a cemetery, burying a Ka-bar to the hilt in another friend's thigh, and shooting his brother (intentionally) in the foot. Never so much more than a slap on the wrist. Certainly white, and glib-tongued with police when he needed to grovel for mercy.
Gold: 500.00
Dec 7 2014 11:35am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Dec 7 2014 12:09pm)
It wasn't 'smashed to bits'. It was a valid point regardless of other videos. It definitely WAS a large factor. If the white guy was 220 pounds and dressed like eminem creeping up to the car I'd bet he would get severe negative reactions too.
The white guy looked like he locked his keys in the car and wasn't trying to hide anything. It was also clear he didn't know his ass from his elbow. He looked very unthreatening.
Appearance and mannerisms were still in play in the second video btw. He sounded guilty as shit, was dressed worse, and was very skittish.

You also aren't addressing the point that was made. You are strawmanning. 
Saying "3) much of the same shit happens to black people" does not mean we are denying that profiling/racism exists or that reactions might be disparate when partaking in sketchy activities in a neighborhood filled with people of another race.

Yes its natural to be more suspicious of things that stick out as unusual and suspicious.. common sense.
Can I even mention statistics without being called a racist? Young black males dressed like thugs are far and away more likely to be committing crimes than the general population. When they are dropped into the middle of Beverly Hills 90210 of course the reactions will be negative when they are jacking a car or a bike.

Its a shame that you have to turn the issue of police brutality into a 'white people are racists' witch hunt while trying to deny obvious facts and say we're somehow "wrong" for poking holes in your agenda.

this fantasy world you live in is really something @_@

i don't even know what to say to that
Gold: 14.88
Dec 7 2014 11:37am
Quote (duffman316 @ Dec 7 2014 09:03am)
this thread isn't about you getting a job

lol, that ol' gag.
Gold: 0.76
Dec 7 2014 12:24pm
Quote (Santara @ 7 Dec 2014 12:12)
I fully believe that shit can happen. I grew up with a "friend" who, by the time he turned 18, had a criminal record 5 inches thick. He was guilty of all kinds of shit, not just drug use and dealing, but destroying $33K in gravestones in a cemetery, burying a Ka-bar to the hilt in another friend's thigh, and shooting his brother (intentionally) in the foot. Never so much more than a slap on the wrist. Certainly white, and glib-tongued with police when he needed to grovel for mercy.

Imho sounds like a guy I would've liked to have partied with. KaBar in the thigh ..damn..
Dec 7 2014 12:31pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Dec 7 2014 12:24pm)
Imho sounds like a guy I would've liked to have partied with. KaBar in the thigh ..damn..

I loved to party with him, but I grew to learn he wasn't worth being around. After he turned 18, he added other wonderful things to his resume, like throwing his wife out a 2nd floor window. You can also ask surfpunk about him shooting at a jogger a mile and a half away at 3 in the morning with his rifle because he was offended that someone would jog in the dark of night.
Gold: 500.00
Dec 7 2014 12:34pm
Quote (Santara @ Dec 7 2014 01:31pm)
I loved to party with him, but I grew to learn he wasn't worth being around. After he turned 18, he added other wonderful things to his resume, like throwing his wife out a 2nd floor window. You can also ask surfpunk about him shooting at a jogger a mile and a half away at 3 in the morning with his rifle because he was offended that someone would jog in the dark of night.

is he in jail now?
Dec 7 2014 12:36pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Dec 7 2014 12:34pm)
is he in jail now?

Unfortunately, no. He's been locked up for maybe a month here and a month there, but no hard time. And this is someone who genuinely deserves to be in prison.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 7 2014 01:08pm
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2014 11:54am)
"There is no racism" -- WASP culture

If I had the idea that people were racist against white people.... and that was in the back of my mind in every interaction with another race... I'd have quite a few stories to tell you.

No one is saying racism doesn't exist. Many of us are saying that racism is not holding anyone back, and it's not the cause of all these deaths at the hands of cops. There's plenty of white people shot by cops, the media simply doesn't report it.

It's laughable to me that all these guilty white dweebs think that a cop cutting them a break is because they are white. Confirmation bias allows you to find many examples of whatever is the narrative in your head.
Gold: 0.76
Dec 7 2014 01:27pm
Quote (Santara @ 7 Dec 2014 13:31)

yeah he didn't make the corner.. My mental theory is as a teen you're on this crazy city block with store fronts offering all this shit to try, well some you stop in and try even stay a while
others you peek in and jog away, but you finally come to the corner and turn it into maturity and a man. but some dudes they get to that corner and just run zig zag back down the street.. :D
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345611Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll