d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why Do Women Lie About Rape?
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 5 2014 04:30pm
This would be a topic worth discussing if false rape accusations occurred more often than other crimes. But they don't. People falsely report rape just as much as theft, assault, etc.
Gold: 1.00
Dec 5 2014 04:31pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 5 Dec 2014 23:24)
Because my young poppycock, the first thing anyone learns about the NCVS/UCR/any other report is rape statistics of any kind, whether reporting rape, false claims, etc- are completely utterly unreliable garbage that have no correlation to the actual numbers. Thats true of the USA, its true of india, china, russia, everywhere. "Rape statistics" is a well known phrase synonymous with unicorns and minotaur and other fanciful beasts of legend.

And thats a product of numerous factors. Rape is the major crime with by far the lowest reporting rate, as most women won't go to the police, most cases will be completely unknown. And beyond that, due to the immense difficult of actually prosecuting rape, differentiating between false claims and real ones for the purposes of statistics let alone actual punitive prosecution is, of course, completely unreliable.

If you had the most elementary education about criminology, there is no wanton bias you could subscribe to that wouldn't agree that rape statistics are universally garbage. Thats just so obvious a reality not even the most batshit crazy feminists deny it, nor the mythical misogynist leaders (wait, who are these, why don't they exist?)

You seem pretty raged about feminism and intolerance toward misogynists, but I'm not convinced that false accusations have a negative impact on successful prosecution of rapes.

Gold: 22,189.49
Dec 5 2014 04:36pm
Quote (Gastly @ Dec 5 2014 04:30pm)
ignorant blathering

My position has been consistent and put forward clearly enough for anyone with a brain, something in short supply it appears.
I said that rape is a crime already immensely difficult to prosecute, and that when femonazis go out and lie about being raped, it makes it even more difficult to prosecute rapes and sets back the female gender another decade.
What part of this do you take issue with? Rape statistics being completely bunk is a huge factor in dissuading women from reporting and weakening their claims. Bringing up how rape statistics are worthless in no way contradicts anything I have said.

So please fellate a porcupine
Gold: 7,621.00
Dec 5 2014 04:40pm
Not really sure what this thread is aiming to answer. Women that cry wolf about rape i would assume is for attention? media coverage? to be spiteful? we can speculate on many different answers. A friend of mine got accused when he was 16 by this girl because he took her virginity and he just told her to leave afterwards so she was really upset that she got used.

This won't ever be an issue in the media though, talking about the "lying about rape" because as soon as someone would bring it up a shit storm would be dropped on them and they would be getting verbaled into oblivion by hordes of people. Everyone is "against rape" so to speak on this issue would be suicide publicly people would just say that you are promoting or siding with rapists.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Dec 5 2014 04:41pm
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Dec 5 2014 04:42pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Dec 6 2014 01:36am)
My position has been consistent and put forward clearly enough for anyone with a brain, something in short supply it appears.

you did not answer any of the actual, statistical claims. the well established ones. the non-imaginary ones. the ones that are not yours.

and that when femonazis go out and lie about being raped

which is extraordinaliy rare. which you provided no arguments for. which i provided arguments against. where you were demolished. which you now disregard where you should just shut the fuck up.
I said that rape is a crime already immensely difficult to prosecute, and that when femonazis go out and lie about being raped, it makes it even more difficult to prosecute rapes and sets back the female gender another decade.

as i just provided evidence for, it's extremely rare. you wished to talk of statistics. you got trashed. "feminazis" lol. you did not address anything that i brought up. you claimed that your unfounded claims are true. they were not true. i provided evidence. if they are not true you should not propagate them. you did propagate them. you are a liar. shut the fuck up.
if crime 101 says that rape is underreported then it's not oveerreported. simple? not for goomshillwtf.
Rape statistics being completely bunk is a huge factor in dissuading women from reporting and weakening their claims.

underreportation is the problem. is under the same as over? no. if underrepresentation is not the same as overrepresentation then overrerepsentation is not the problem. that means that underrepresentation is the problem. that means that you wrong.

now go ahead and make an actual rape accusation of my post, because you just got fucked.

if your ideology is just about rape apologia then it's a god damn fucing retarded ideology.
shut the fuck up and never post here again.

This post was edited by Gastly on Dec 5 2014 04:45pm
Dec 5 2014 04:42pm
Quote (Plaguelord @ Dec 5 2014 04:31pm)
You seem pretty raged about feminism and intolerance toward misogynists, but I'm not convinced that false accusations have a negative impact on successful prosecution of rapes.

of course they do, don't be silly
If false accusations never existed, rape would have a 100% prosecution rate because nobody would question the validity of the claim. That is of course, ridiculous

When a rape case goes to court, which they so rarely do, it becomes a question of ambiguous physical evidence which tells us only with certainty that sex occurred, and, in absence of obvious physical evidence like the woman having three broken ribs, a punctured lung and being in a coma, still reduces the case to a reasonable doubt of a he-said-she-said competing claims of rape vs consent. The more we have duke lacrosse players and UVA fraternities being falsely accused in the news, it raises the bar all across the country for any prosecutor trying to convince a jury
Gold: 1.00
Dec 5 2014 04:44pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 5 Dec 2014 23:36)
What part of this do you take issue with? Rape statistics being completely bunk is a huge factor in dissuading women from reporting and weakening their claims. Bringing up how rape statistics are worthless in no way contradicts anything I have said.

So please fellate a porcupine

What percentage of false accusations are reported by "femonazis", and where is your evidence of this, outside of your limited experience that I have to assume has very little interaction with women? How does this set the female gender back?

You have to be trolling.

Quote (Goomshill @ 5 Dec 2014 23:42)
of course they do, don't be silly
If false accusations never existed, rape would have a 100% prosecution rate because nobody would question the validity of the claim. That is of course, ridiculous

When a rape case goes to court, which they so rarely do, it becomes a question of ambiguous physical evidence which tells us only with certainty that sex occurred, and, in absence of obvious physical evidence like the woman having three broken ribs, a punctured lung and being in a coma, still reduces the case to a reasonable doubt of a he-said-she-said competing claims of rape vs consent. The more we have duke lacrosse players and UVA fraternities being falsely accused in the news, it raises the bar all across the country for any prosecutor trying to convince a jury

Each case is viewed individually. There isn't some running tally that they present to the judge/jury at the start of every trial.

Assuming there were no false accusations, there STILL wouldn't be a 100% prosecution rate, plenty of rapists have no doubt been to court and cleared of charges.

This post was edited by Plaguelord on Dec 5 2014 04:48pm
Gold: 68.99
Warn: 10%
Dec 5 2014 04:46pm
Quote (Plaguelord @ Dec 6 2014 01:44am)
What percentage of false accusations are reported by "femonazis", and where is your evidence of this, outside of your limited experience that I have to assume has very little interaction with women?  How does this set the female gender back?

You have to be trolling.

... this must be the only case ever where i'd be inclined to agree with you on... something. :rofl:
Gold: 9,039.20
Dec 5 2014 04:46pm
Anyone who lies about such a serious offense does everyone who us a victim of rape a disservice, false accusations destroy a man's reputation and strip him of his livelihood, even if it never makes it to court. I believe those women who abuse their power in this situation by telling porky pies ought to be punished with the same legal severity as a rapist, as not to undermine the value of valid rape cases from men and women who have actually suffered.
Dec 5 2014 04:48pm
Quote (Plaguelord @ Dec 5 2014 04:44pm)
What percentage of false accusations are reported by "femonazis", and where is your evidence of this

Are you incapable of following a conversation? I am clearly talking about the case in question and cases like it, which have run all over the media
Femonazis on a national stage can sabotage women's rights across a country by blowing up stories like this.

If you continue to remain confused by the conversation, I will write up a sparknotes summary with lots of pictures. Maybe a few color by numbers and find-the-differences-in-these-images to appeal to your rampant intellectualism.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Dec 5 2014 04:49pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll