d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Guild Wars 2 > Build Archetypes
Prev123
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 277.00
Feb 11 2015 07:36pm
Quote (TSBoyer @ Jan 3 2015 02:30pm)
That's exactly what I'm talking about
There is no way that a drop should occur from 408 to 85% in under 48 hours of being logged out but it did happen, to all of us actually
And we were not the only guid team that had experienced sudden extreme drop in rating
I had spoken with a couple other buddies of mine who run the guilds [Kash] & [GASM]
Their teams also experienced similar rating adjustment shinanigans, whilst all the big name solo quers remained untouched and held their spots

Arena-net devs have publicly stated multiple times in the official forum: "We will adjust leaderboard ratings if we feel participants do not deserve their rating"
Of course everyone assumes that these statements are fired at people with 10 wins and 0 losses or someone who rode to top 200 in a week,, while following an elite crew of 4
But a vague statement such as this can mean many things indeed

Consider this:
* Real matches can be boring to watch because they are more often than not very one-sided
* Fake matches can be exciting because you can stage them to run neck & neck in points until the very end where one team pulls ahead for the win "similar to every fucking match ever aired on twitch"
* Entertaining matches create viewers
* Viewers create website hits
* Website hits, create cash

Did you really think the arena-net staff "which has received severe cuts in funding" was giving away $50,000 to a winning team every couple months? -> That is not turning a profit
I believe the $50,000 tournaments are a WWE like rig to keep people interested in wanting to win money
If they want to win they have to keep playing and if they keep playing, they will buy gems<- Which is the only way this company turning a profit on GW2

But point being, this is why I believe leaderboard shinanigans occur
It's simply to protect the players who are in on the rig and their reputations
Most of the players are more than likely a-net Devs and part of a team promotion plan
It really does all make sense if you follow the trails of money making

Hey... I could be wrong

http://i.imgur.com/qnVZEnf.gif

You're friends with Gasmic? LOL!!!
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll