d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Banned Ted Talk: Dmt / The War On Consciousness
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 373.54
Nov 25 2014 01:52pm

What do you think?
Gold: 1.00
Nov 25 2014 02:30pm
Unfortunately, I agree with everything he said. And I hope that I have a long and happy life, because I'm going to need it.

/also, I'm going to pursue at least consuming more DMT.

This post was edited by Comus on Nov 25 2014 02:32pm
Gold: 0.00
Gold: 285.35
Nov 25 2014 02:46pm
DMT is amazing.

I've felt the vibration of the universe and it is indescribable.

DMT is like an instant spiritual enlightenment, depending on how who and where you do it.

This post was edited by Husalaah on Nov 25 2014 02:47pm
Gold: 1,152.00
Nov 25 2014 07:22pm
Nothing bothers me more than people talking about DMT like it's some magical substance that makes you understand everything.

Especially when they combine that with the unfounded claim that "DMT is released when you have a near death experience" or any of the nonsense about the pineal gland.

The absolute WORST is when they claim they're ACTUALLY accessing an alternate dimension and communing with actual machines elves and spirits and shit. Ugh.

More shit from TEDx, the worldwide leader in pseudo-intellectual drivel.
Gold: 285.35
Nov 25 2014 08:22pm
Have you ever done it?

No? Then you cannot even fathom the experience.

It's nothing like LSD if you do a break through dose. It isn't just a psychadelic. Idgaf about death experiences or any of that crap. The stuff speaks for itself.

Not that I really care all that much, i'm not joe rogan I never bring it up in conversations. I'm not gonna defend it anymore than I have.
Nov 25 2014 09:14pm
Quote (Husalaah @ Nov 25 2014 09:22pm)
Have you ever done it?

No? Then you cannot even fathom the experience.

It's nothing like LSD if you do a break through dose. It isn't just a psychadelic. Idgaf about death experiences or any of that crap. The stuff speaks for itself.

Not that I really care all that much, i'm not joe rogan I never bring it up in conversations. I'm not gonna defend it anymore than I have.

never tried schizophrenia either, but i think i can safely say the things in those peoples minds isn't some form of enlightenment.

fact of the matter is you are supposed to take the experience as a novelty and those who don't are about as bad off as the mentally ill.
Nov 25 2014 11:25pm
Quote (Subwoofer @ Nov 26 2014 05:14am)
never tried schizophrenia either, but i think i can safely say the things in those peoples minds isn't some form of enlightenment.

fact of the matter is you are supposed to take the experience as a novelty and those who don't are about as bad off as the mentally ill.

Ofcourse it isn't enlightenment!

What mentally ill person gets their enlightenment from their mind using a substance that has an effect on brain activity? Real mentally healthy individuals get the enlightenment in their life out of their ass like you do.

Who are those countless mentally ill yet somehow prolithic people who attribute the positive life-changing experiences to the usage of this substance? Why do they have the audacity to speak from actual experience, a truly mentally healthy person attempts to speak on the subject while honestly confessing to not have a slightest clue on how the usage of the substance in question feels like.

After all being completely inexperienced does always equal the most reliable information.

This post was edited by HeLiCaL on Nov 25 2014 11:26pm
Gold: 134.69
Nov 25 2014 11:39pm
summation: drugs are good, unless you do drugs you can have no opinion on drugs

opinion1: it is exactly the same as any other hallucinogen (yes from experience)

opinion2: this thread is ridiculous, only a moron would attempt to convince anyone that a dangerous chemical was ok for recreational ingestion

opinon3: ted talks says alot of stupid things, who cares? go ahead and smoke/drink/inject whatever you want, but stop trying to cite fake authorities as evidence that a brain altering chemical is a good idea
Nov 25 2014 11:50pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Nov 26 2014 12:25am)
Ofcourse it isn't enlightenment!

What mentally ill person gets their enlightenment from their mind using a substance that has an effect on brain activity? Real mentally healthy individuals get the enlightenment in their life out of their ass like you do.

Who are those countless mentally ill yet somehow prolithic people who attribute the positive life-changing experiences to the usage of this substance? Why do they have the audacity to speak from actual experience, a truly mentally healthy person attempts to speak on the subject while honestly confessing to not have a slightest clue on how the usage of the substance in question feels like.

After all being completely inexperienced does always equal the most reliable information.

Being personally inexperienced is a pointless thing to bring up is all im saying. It's not magic and therefore is quantifiable and therefore can be credibly explained without the need of personal experience.

People who call out people for not being users are the same people that go "well what kind of car do you have?" whenever you say their car is slow. it has no bearing on the statement you made yet they insist its important because they are too dumb to see past themselves.

I'm fine with their choice to use, but too many users are simply too ignorant to realize the experience is a novelty and not a key to a different plane of existence.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
12310Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll