d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Opinions About The Usa
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 17 2014 12:15pm
Quote (Superman @ Nov 17 2014 12:02pm)
Please provide some proof that the USA was flat broke after WW2? If we turned communist, all we would have required is materials and man power.

Like good sound-monetarists, we self-financed the war.
Gold: 698.00
Nov 17 2014 12:20pm
Historically, the US public debt as a share ofGDP has increased during wars and recessions, and subsequently declined. The ratio of debt to GDP may decrease as a result of a government surplus or due to growth of GDP and inflation. For example, debt held by the public as a share of GDP peaked just after World War II (113% of GDP in 1945), but then fell over the following 35 years. In recent decades, however, aging demographics and rising healthcare costs have led to concern about the long-term sustainability of the federal government's fiscal policies.

And they are 17.3 trillion in debt now.

But last I checked Obama reduced that by allot. And you silly Americans decided to vote the Republicans into the Senate instead.
Gold: 8,933.00
Nov 17 2014 12:26pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ Nov 17 2014 12:20pm)
Historically, the US public debt as a share ofGDP has increased during wars and recessions, and subsequently declined. The ratio of debt to GDP may decrease as a result of a government surplus or due to growth of GDP and inflation. For example, debt held by the public as a share of GDP peaked just after World War II (113% of GDP in 1945), but then fell over the following 35 years. In recent decades, however, aging demographics and rising healthcare costs have led to concern about the long-term sustainability of the federal government's fiscal policies.

And they are 17.3 trillion in debt now.

But last I checked Obama reduced that by allot.  And you silly Americans decided to vote the Republicans into the Senate instead.

No, Obama reduced the rate we've added to it, to a level comparable to where W Bush was adding to it, and it's all projected to get worse again.

Gold: 0.76
Nov 17 2014 12:55pm
Quote (Superman @ 17 Nov 2014 12:51)
If the USA was most of the negative things people say it is, then we have conquered the known world a long time ago. Right after WW2, the USA could have destroyed everyone because everyone was greatly weakened. The USA was the first country with the means to mass produce nuclear weapons. We could have conquered the known world and nuked those that didn't comply.

Instead, the USA helped everyone who allowed us to and continue to help everyone who allows us to even if people don't realize it.

Don't agree? Just imagine if ISIS replaced the US Government.

The Allies had just gotten rid of one Hitler and you spring up with thoughts of world domination using nukes as a threat! What fun it would have been an impossible task in the 40's communication was nothing like today's. And Americans didn't have the "most favored guest " status they're usually granted almost wherever we stomp today.

Quote (Superman @ 17 Nov 2014 13:07)
The USA also isn't broke now. I have ALL my needs and I have ALL my wants and so does everyone else I know unless they are drug addicts or something. Is it like that in everyone else' countries?

Hey Superman 17 is ok then I guess everything is fine!

Gold: 285.00
Nov 17 2014 01:30pm
Quote (Superman @ Nov 17 2014 01:07pm)
The USA also isn't broke now. I have ALL my needs and I have ALL my wants and so does everyone else I know unless they are drug addicts or something. Is it like that in everyone else' countries?

:lol:

A+
Gold: 119,903.34
Nov 17 2014 01:31pm
You are hopeless.
Nov 17 2014 01:35pm
Quote (Superman @ Nov 17 2014 01:11pm)
I'm serious, I am completely happy with everything I need, want, and own.

I want to buy Destiny, I'm going to go buy it.

Destiny is pretty good. I think it lacks content a bit, as I was finished with it much faster than other games I've owned. Not sure if this is a PS4 thing because this is the first full game I've bought for it (I got the Destiny bundle).

If it becomes a platform with massive amounts of content sold for it that would be great. I don't mind paying for new content, I just want more to do.

I'm not as far as some people in it, but I can rock missions of the highest diff, do Tiger level strikes np, and have all legendary and some exotic gear, on my max level Blade Dancer.

A new Hive based expansion is coming out soon (Dec 9), I'm looking forward to it.

This post was edited by Skinned on Nov 17 2014 01:36pm
Nov 17 2014 01:36pm
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 17 2014 02:35pm)
Destiny is pretty good.  I think it lacks content a bit, as I was finished with it much faster than other game I've owned.

If it becomes a platform with massive amounts of content sold for it that would be great.  I don't mind paying for new content, I just want more to do.

I'm not as far as some people in it, but I can rock missions of the highest diff, do Tiger level strikes np, and have all legendary and some exotic gear, on my max level Blade Dancer.

A new Hive based expansion is coming out soon (Dec 9), I'm looking forward to it.

vaguely remember you playing Path of Exile in its before it went to Release?

Regardless, you play PoE?
Nov 17 2014 01:45pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ Nov 17 2014 02:36pm)
vaguely remember you playing Path of Exile in its before it went to Release?

Regardless, you play PoE?

Yes, I played PoE from the earliest beta up until the final one. It was pretty cool....it is something I would consider playing now. I played a witch with enhanced up firestorm with enhanced radius and massively excessive burning damage over time....meteors rain on the full screen and then everything is running around on fire :lol: It is fun to watch. It was different than most witches, which were more undead zoomasters. That was the first beta. The second I played the all red (str) guy and went super-tank, and he was beastly because he had through the roof def and made little totems that healed him and group. His damage 1v1 vs mobs wasn't shabby either. That was the second beta. Then things changed big time and I think I got back into EVE online.

I'm playing Everquest Project 1999 right now...it is an emu server that is Everquest as it existed in 1999...more like 2000 now because the Ruins of Kunark Expansion has been released. It is probably the hardest mmo ever made and starting back up again was almost shocking because it was so much harder than any other gaming experience out there. But I highly recommend it, and if you want to get into it, it is free and I can help get ya started :D Trading FG and RMT is a big no no but I'm balling in any game that I play because I game markets well, and I can hook ya up.

PoE is a game I would consider playing. I would have to relearn a lot. I heard there is a whole new act open there, in a city :)
Nov 17 2014 01:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 17 2014 02:45pm)
Yes, I played PoE from the earliest beta up until the final one.  It was pretty cool....it is something I would consider playing now.  I played a witch with enhanced up firestorm with enhanced radius and massively excessive burning damage over time....meteors rain on the full screen and then everything is running around on fire  :lol:  It is fun to watch.  It was different than most witches, which were more undead zoomasters.  That was the first beta.  The second I played the all red (str) guy and went super-tank, and he was beastly because he had through the roof def and made little totems that healed him and group.  His damage 1v1 vs mobs wasn't shabby either.  That was the second beta.  Then things changed big time and I think I got back into EVE online.

I'm playing Everquest Project 1999 right now...it is an emu server that is Everquest as it existed in 1999...more like 2000 now because the Ruins of Kunark Expansion has been released.  It is probably the hardest mmo ever made and starting back up again was almost shocking because it was so much harder than any other gaming experience out there.  But I highly recommend it, and if you want to get into it, it is free and I can help get ya started  :D  Trading FG and RMT is a big no no but I'm balling in any game that I play because I game markets well, and I can hook ya up.

PoE is a game I would consider playing.  I would have to relearn a lot.  I heard there is a whole new act open there, in a city :)

Yeah, 3 acts now and act 4 is coming in Jan-March.

I played since beta too. The game is vastly different now but maintains the same theme. GGG has done a great job of evolving the game with new content.

That sounds interesting but PoE going to have new content coming out soon and I'm on a Elder Scrolls: Skyrim kick right now since I didn't play the game when it came out. So it's been taking up some of my time.

Also I play League of Legends a tiny bit. I used to play it a lot more but slowly started to dwindle.

But Path of Exile what I been spending most of my time on.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll