d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Actual Slavery > Statistics
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Nov 17 2014 03:42pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 17 Nov 2014 16:02)
how about all those young girls like 16 years old, living in very religious famillies, completely brain washed about their virginity and ending in getting married early and in a wrong way (obvlously)
was it their choice ? it's legal anyway... At least it's not forced prostitution  xD

This seems to go yin and yang

In law, “debt bondage” refers to a worker pledging their labour, or the labour of others under their control as security for a debt; and either the real value of the work undertaken is never applied to paying off the debt, or the length and nature of the work that has to be undertaken to repay the debt is never properly limited or defined.
Forced or servile marriage

Singapore has a huge problem with migrant workers and how they are abused, labor reps. lure the workers out to the Island and promise them work for a finders fee, typically the pay is never as good as promised and soon the worker has incurred more cost of living bills than he is being paid. Then he becomes trapped in a web of indenturedness.

Gold: 0.00
Nov 17 2014 03:48pm
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 17 2014 11:21am)
Gloryholes in every bathroom!

Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 17 2014 11:57am)
Unise--

Quote (Skinned @ Nov 17 2014 11:58am)
Shush.

Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 17 2014 12:00pm)
okay.

Is it bad that when I read this, I didn't oppose the gloryholes because of teens having sex, but because my first thought was "Oh my tits! Some pervert teacher would use this to solicit underage girls!"

My first thought immediately went to the worst possible scenario.
Gold: 9,765.00
Warn: 60%
Nov 17 2014 04:09pm
everybody should just walk around naked
then they wouldn't be obsessed with sex

Is their any prostitution in the Nudist Community?

case closed....
Gold: 1,819.09
Nov 17 2014 04:21pm
Quote (card_sultan @ Nov 17 2014 05:09pm)

case closed....

Some nudist communities have been accused of child abuse, IE places where nudity desensitized children to sexuality so they were more abused. I remember a story (no link, this was directly from a person involved) of a nudist/swinger community where the children were introduced to sex at a very early age. The person didn't find a problem with it due to them not viewing it as abuse, but I'm sure others would disagree.

Humans are naturally obsessed with sex. It's a biological drive to reproduce.
Gold: 0.76
Nov 17 2014 04:28pm
Quote (card_sultan @ 17 Nov 2014 17:09)

case closed....

that would be an interesting study nudists say it's not
a sexual thing. but a freedom thing.
if that is true then there still could be the same sexual hang-ups that plaque
non-nudists so they could very much visit a prostitute ...interesting

Is it bad that when I read this, I didn't oppose the gloryholes because of teens having sex, but because my first thought was "Oh my tits! Some pervert teacher would use this to solicit underage girls!"

My first thought immediately went to the worst possible scenario.

don't feel bad about this, as a dad it's the first thought I had, I don't think it hurts to think what is the worst that might happen
the trick is to not let it show to the kids and don't let it affect their lives. I mean sure keep them safe just not locked up. :D

Gold: 2,407.00
Nov 17 2014 04:32pm
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Nov 17 2014 12:40pm)
...legalizing prostitution only legalizes sex slavery . If memory serves me the most visible evidence of this is in your own red light districts where the girls sit like pieces of meat in the windows . The number of them who started against their will is very high and of course they become dependent on the structure that now supports their habits and addictions . Prostitution must be outlawed so that all gray areas are removed .

That's capitalism for ya.
Gold: 500.00
Nov 17 2014 04:35pm
should tax the profession and add regulations to protect the women in the industry

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Nov 17 2014 12:40pm)
...legalizing prostitution only legalizes sex slavery . If memory serves me the most visible evidence of this is in your own red light districts where the girls sit like pieces of meat in the windows . The number of them who started against their will is very high and of course they become dependent on the structure that now supports their habits and addictions . Prostitution must be outlawed so that all gray areas are removed .

didn't know you were a big govt guy supporting excess regulations that would kill jobs and damage the economy

This post was edited by duffman316 on Nov 17 2014 04:37pm
Gold: 117.00
Nov 17 2014 09:12pm
Dealing with these things is dealing with consequences. These consequences arise from rights-violating ideologies. Replace these with rights protecting ideologies and you take care of all of these problems and many more in one fell swoop.
Gold: 792.00
Nov 18 2014 04:32am
Quote (balrog66 @ 17 Nov 2014 11:34)
http://www.globalslaveryindex.org/findings/

I thought we should talk about actual slaves for once. People forced into debt slavery, human trafficking, (child) prostitution and forced marriage. People who don't have a choice in how they live their life. Our country comes out on top in fighting slavery, with Sweden and the US coming second and third.

Apparently our country hosts about 2200 slaves according to the Walk Free Foundation, the US has about 60k. Relative to population it's very similar.

With the rising globalization, should we be more vigilant for human trafficking? Should prostitution be outlawed, or should it be legalized and regulated? How are we as a society going to drive these numbers down?

Personally I'd like to see our government take a lead and make sure that women in the sex industry have safe ways out. Try and make sure they are not dependent on seedy dealers for drugs or other needs either.

Look at the USA's government and business response rating ^^

The USA typically does NOT support the following: "Businesses and governments through their public procurement stop sourcing goods and services that use modern slavery."

This post was edited by Superman on Nov 18 2014 04:32am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll