d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > How Much Should The Government Provide > In Terms Of Health Care Costs
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.76
Nov 18 2014 11:38am
Quote (duffman316 @ 18 Nov 2014 10:46)
part of the problem with the insurance companies is that bonuses are tied to denial of coverage so even if you do have good insurance coverage, you know that they have policies in place to do the best they can to avoid fulfilling their end of the agreement

Yeah luckily mine was with a large group at the time so it was pretty seamless.
I do know from other time when we've been self insured that there is almost always a initial denial of some services
if someone in the family isn't a good negotiator then they're in trouble bill wise.
That's one of the key upsides to Obamacare, the stiff oversight on hospital over pricing policies
Gold: 792.00
Nov 18 2014 12:05pm
I think that a free medication program would really help me out.

Instead of giving me SSI, food stamps, energy assistance, housing and cash assistance.

I mean the reason I originally applied for SSI is because I need damn medication. There was no other way for me to pay over $3500/mo for the medications that make me well. Thank God my medications are going generic in the next year. ACA is great for me, but I'm not going to vote for it unless it's optional for everyone. It's the principle of it. I would drop it all for affordable medication. I am not well off my medications and off of them eventually succumb to the following. I have a schizophrenic meltdown, enter psychosis and become the biggest asshole this world has ever known, and then just fall asleep until I wither into the nothing.

My own Hell.

So enough with the ideologies and unrelated bullshit suggestions.
Gold: 500.00
Nov 18 2014 02:38pm
Quote (Superman @ Nov 18 2014 01:05pm)

Instead of giving me SSI, food stamps, energy assistance, housing and cash assistance.

I mean the reason I originally applied for SSI is because I need damn medication. There was no other way for me to pay over $3500/mo for the medications that make me well. Thank God my medications are going generic in the next year. ACA is great for me, but I'm not going to vote for it unless it's optional for everyone. It's the principle of it. I would drop it all for affordable medication. I am not well off my medications and off of them eventually succumb to the following. I have a schizophrenic meltdown, enter psychosis and become the biggest asshole this world has ever known, and then just fall asleep until I wither into the nothing.

My own Hell.

you would choose to pass on medication you need to survive if the means by which you acquire it conflicts with your principles?
Gold: 0.76
Nov 18 2014 03:05pm
Quote (duffman316 @ 18 Nov 2014 15:38)
you would choose to pass on medication you need to survive if the means by which you acquire it conflicts with your principles?

he's getting SSI now I believe.

Quote (Superman @ 18 Nov 2014 13:05)

My own Hell.

Be careful if you do switch they'll make you choose a "drug plan" and you really need to see which ones are covered under which plan, you can switch plans every 6 months but guys like us can rack up a lot in scripty's in 6 months. It's a good idea when picking a drug plan to have an advocate with you someone who is very familiar with your conditions and medicines, I know to me it was almost more important than the picking the right health plan
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll