d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Who Was Jesus? > And How To Understand Spirituality
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 117.00
Nov 14 2014 02:00am
Lets destroy some misconceptions:

1. Jesus was a human like all of us, no different, fundamentally. He was just a man.
2. Was jesus half human half god? Depends on how you look at it, if all of us are then yes, if no then no.
3. Jesus being called gods son is simply an awe-inspired exxageration. We are all sons of god, in a way. If you consider god to be spirit, then Jesus was a very spiritual person and a very spiritually charged individual so he had more of god in him than most other people, so thats where to draw this connection.
4. I believe god is the physical world plus the spiritual world, more generally all that which exists. In other words, god is simply everything that exists, not an invisible man in the sky.

So just like David Gilmour helped humankind with music and Thomas Edison with inventions, Jesus helped the world with spirituality. Ascending him to some imaginary level of half-god is at worst blocking his spiritual teachings from reaching people as well.

God is an imaginary concept that may help us understand the world from a spiritual viewpoint. If it helps you, use it, if not, dont.

Everything that lives contains spirit. Nothing could be alive without spirit. Humans have more spirit than animals. Animals have more than plants, etc.

Christianity, in my opinion, is an alright form of spirituality if you know how to interpret it. If you dont, be cautious about it. Take what you can use from it and skip the rest. If you see something in christianity as negative, either learn to interpret it better or just dont use it. But that doesnt mean its all bad.
Gold: 24,402.34
Nov 14 2014 02:05am
What you're describing is called pantheism. It's pretty fuckin stupid, imo.
Nov 14 2014 02:09am
Quote (Cellmat @ 14 Nov 2014 10:05)
What you're describing is called pantheism.  It's pretty fuckin stupid, imo.

Whether you think of god as an invisible man who embodys all that which exists or that which exists itself doesnt really make any difference for my view.
Gold: 7,252.72
Nov 14 2014 02:19am
...the Christian teaching is that Jesus was fully human and fully divine not half of one and half on the other . You did not destroy anything you simply offered your own opinion .
Gold: 0.00
Nov 14 2014 02:28am
Quote (Ulfus @ Nov 14 2014 07:00pm)
Lets destroy some misconceptions:

1. Jesus was a human like all of us, no different, fundamentally. He was just a man.
2. Was jesus half human half god? Depends on how you look at it, if all of us are then yes, if no then no.
3. Jesus being called gods son is simply an awe-inspired exxageration. We are all sons of god, in a way. If you consider god to be spirit, then Jesus was a very spiritual person and a very spiritually charged individual so he had more of god in him than most other people, so thats where to draw this connection.
4. I believe god is the physical world plus the spiritual world, more generally all that which exists. In other words, god is simply everything that exists, not an invisible man in the sky.

So just like David Gilmour helped humankind with music and Thomas Edison with inventions, Jesus helped the world with spirituality. Ascending him to some imaginary level of half-god is at worst blocking his spiritual teachings from reaching people as well.

God is an imaginary concept that may help us understand the world from a spiritual viewpoint. If it helps you, use it, if not, dont.

Everything that lives contains spirit. Nothing could be alive without spirit. Humans have more spirit than animals. Animals have more than plants, etc.

Christianity, in my opinion, is an alright form of spirituality if you know how to interpret it. If you dont, be cautious about it. Take what you can use from it and skip the rest. If you see something in christianity as negative, either learn to interpret it better or just dont use it. But that doesnt mean its all bad.

lol
Gold: 1.00
Nov 14 2014 03:23am
Quote (Ferrite @ Nov 14 2014 01:28am)
lol

It's more accurate to say that everything which exists contains spirit.

I actually agree with Ulfus, except I believe some animals have more spirit than some humans ;)

Actually, a lot of Buddhists acknowledge Jesus as an avatar; I believe some Hindus do, as well.
Nov 14 2014 03:25am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 14 Nov 2014 10:19)
...the Christian teaching is that Jesus was fully human and fully divine not half of one and half on the other . You did not destroy anything you simply offered your own opinion .

Cool

So whats with all the hating everyone who doesnt acknowledge your religion among christians?
Nov 14 2014 03:27am
Quote (Ulfus @ Nov 14 2014 04:25am)
Cool

So whats with all the hating everyone who doesnt acknowledge your religion among christians?

...where do you see hate ? Are you one of those extra sensitive types who believes that disagreement implies hatred ?
Gold: 1.00
Nov 14 2014 03:28am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Nov 14 2014 02:27am)
...where do you see hate ? Are you one of those extra sensitive types who believes that disagreement implies hatred ?

He's got a Christian complex. Imo you're pretty rational when it comes to religion, but I have seen you get your long johns in a twist over politics a few times :lol:
Nov 14 2014 03:29am
Quote (Comus @ Nov 14 2014 04:28am)
He's got a Christian complex. Imo you're pretty rational when it comes to religion, but I have seen you get your long johns in a twist over politics a few times  :lol:

...no you haven't .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll