d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Un Declares Mike Brown's Parents Waste Of Time > Say Officer Acted Accordingly
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Nov 12 2014 01:03pm
Parents Lesley McSpadden and Michael Brown Sr of the late Michael Brown have taken their plight with the Ferguson PD all the way to the U.N.; A gesture which appears to have been in vain. Brown was killed after allegedly reaching for officer Darren Wilson’s pistol during a suspected strong-armed robbery arrest in Ferguson, MO. On Tuesday, the couple met with the United Nation’s Committee Against Torture and asked that they look into what they consider to be a grievous case of police brutality.
The Brown’s are requesting officer Wilson’s immediate arrest and calling for an end to the perceived racial profiling in America.
“We need answers and we need action. And we have to bring it to the U.N. so they can expose it to the rest of the world, what’s going on in small town Ferguson.” said the Brown’s document which can be found here.

The U.N., however, blasted back at the couple after only mere hours of deliberation. In a statement released early this morning Senior chairmen of the UN’s Committee Against Torture dismissed the couple’s plea entirely.
“The sense of entitlement these people displayed is reprehensible” said chair member, Dr. Amancio Dominguez in an interview with National Report. “We deal with legitimate and widespread instances of human rights violations, and frankly the issues presented to us here are not even a blip on our radar.It is in our opinion after reviewing all the evidence that the officer in question committed absolutely no wrong doing.”
He continued, “While I feel for loss endured by these two individuals, I believe they are blinded by grief, and this is simply not the forum which to project those feelings. My colleagues and I went over the surveillance footage, as well as other evidence documented in the case, and we believe that Michael Brown is indeed guilty of the acts of which he is being charged.”
Another member of the UN committee told CNN this morning, “We have much more important things to do than involve ourselves in county level legal proceedings. This was an absolute waste of our time. Compared to human rights violations that are prevalent in such 3rd world countries as North Korea and Brazil, America’s plight simply does not compare. While instances of police brutality certainly do exist, we have found that this was no such a case, and we will not be intervening in the matter.

http://conservativefrontline.com/un-refuses-intervention-michael-brown-ferguson-case/

No idea how credible this source is. If this is true I'm not sure how relevant the decision is. I doubt they have access to all the evidence the grand jury does. That being said it's interesting that the UN would have such a strong negative reaction to the grief stricken parents.

This post was edited by nineinchnailz on Nov 12 2014 01:04pm
Gold: 285.00
Nov 12 2014 01:08pm
Slammed.
Gold: Locked
Nov 12 2014 01:17pm
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 12 2014 12:08pm)
Slammed.

And deservedly so. Bringing a single death before the U.N. should make them ashamed. The U.N. deals with genocide and shit in Africa. What's one dead American black kid?
Gold: 1,382.83
Nov 12 2014 01:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Nov 12 2014 03:08pm)
Slammed.

ten fold
Gold: 0.76
Nov 12 2014 01:33pm
yeah how did they even get an audience? whether the shooting was right or not it clearly wasn't torture. it's shit like this that invalidates any positive dialogue that may have come from this whole thing
Gold: 6,351.00
Nov 12 2014 02:05pm
laugh out loud, i'm glad the people at the UN have some common sense. i wonder whose puppets have they become because no offense to the browns but i highly doubt that they even knew what the UN did until recently
Gold: 0.00
Nov 12 2014 02:06pm
rekt
Gold: 22,720.48
Nov 12 2014 03:07pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Nov 12 2014 02:03pm)
http://conservativefrontline.com/un-refuses-intervention-michael-brown-ferguson-case/

No idea how credible this source is.  If this is true I'm not sure how relevant the decision is.  I doubt they have access to all the evidence the grand jury does.  That being said it's interesting that the UN would have such a strong negative reaction to the grief stricken parents.

This is the real story - http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/11/us/ferguson-brown-parents-u-n-/index.html
The response in the site you listed.... yeah, you should look at the website before posting it next time. It's satire.
Gold: 500.00
Nov 12 2014 03:25pm
not surprised you get excited about this kind of stuff -_-

have you considered making threads about every new video of black people getting into fights on worldstarhiphop.com?
Gold: 7,525.35
Nov 12 2014 03:36pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Nov 12 2014 03:17pm)
And deservedly so.  Bringing a single death before the U.N. should make them ashamed.  The U.N. deals with genocide and shit in Africa.  What's one dead American black kid?

^this. Pleasantly surprised they were that direct and honest about it.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll