d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Obama Comes Out Strong For Net Neutrality, Says Fc
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 117.00
Nov 10 2014 01:19pm
Net neutrality isnt much of a serious concern I feel. Obama and other politicians know this and the divide and conquer types like Obama are just trying to make the little out of this that they can. Its not realistic to take internet away because the people will riot hard. Thats kind of what happened in hungary.
Gold: 119,903.34
Nov 10 2014 01:22pm
Quote (Ulfus @ Nov 10 2014 02:19pm)
Net neutrality isnt much of a serious concern I feel. Obama and other politicians know this and the divide and conquer types like Obama are just trying to make the little out of this that they can. Its not realistic to take internet away because the people will riot hard. Thats kind of what happened in hungary.

You have no clue what you are talking about.......lol

This isn't about losing the internet or the government taking it away. It's about making sure consumers aren't screwed over by ISPs and unfair policies and plans and business so ISPs can line their pockets with more money and continue to fuck over their customers. Even though they already do, just Net Neutrality not being in place would make it worse.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Nov 10 2014 01:23pm
Gold: 2,371.50
Nov 10 2014 01:25pm
Quote (Ulfus @ Nov 10 2014 07:19pm)

they are not trying to take anything away

currently FCC wants to push something that allow ISPs to charge extra for faster lanes. Everyone else is still "supposed" to have the same speeds.

We dont want them to change anything AT ALL. Keep it as it is. Otherwise other business can pass those faster lanes costs to the costumer and on top of that it can make things unfair for start ups who cant afford those lanes vs some that could be backed by bigger companies will. ISPs as it is already have ridiculous amount of leverage over the people "forced" to use their options.

Its not as simple as take away the internet.

This post was edited by iBruno on Nov 10 2014 01:28pm
Nov 10 2014 01:26pm
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 10 Nov 2014 21:22)
You have no clue what you are talking about.......lol

This isn't about losing the internet or the government taking it away. It's about making sure consumers aren't screwed over by ISPs and unfair policies and plans and business so ISPs can line their pockets with more money and continue to fuck over their customers. Even though they already do, just Net Neutrality not being in place would make it worse.
Limiting the internet in any way is what i meant under "taking it away" because limiting it is taking it away by some margin. Guess I was generalizing too much.

This post was edited by Ulfus on Nov 10 2014 01:27pm
Gold: 260.11
Nov 10 2014 01:38pm
On one face he says he's against it then appoints lobbyists for the telecom industry wherever possible
Nov 10 2014 02:39pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ 10 Nov 2014 21:38)
On one face he says he's against it then appoints lobbyists for the telecom industry wherever possible

Well basically thats the practical side I was talking about exactly. Obama's Tom Wheeler vs Obama himself - theres a great fight going on here, take sides lol. Theres no fight nor any sides, just Obama fucking everyone while pretending to be crusading against evil.

This post was edited by Ulfus on Nov 10 2014 02:42pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Nov 10 2014 10:41pm
I think that the consumer and the providers should share costs equally. If Netflix is using half the bandwidth, they should pay a quarter of the costs and the consumers of Netflix should pay the other quarter. That's pretty sensible policy.
Gold: 45.00
Nov 11 2014 01:56am
Quote (thundercock @ Nov 10 2014 11:41pm)
I think that the consumer and the providers should share costs equally. If Netflix is using half the bandwidth, they should pay a quarter of the costs and the consumers of Netflix should pay the other quarter. That's pretty sensible policy.

issue is netflix is offering to install CDn's in Companies hubs so that netflix can fix the bandwith issue that these isps dont want to and save some dough instead comcast/vz currently want the cdn's but they want to be payed as if there were a Backbone Provider Which should reclassify them as Backbone forcing them to be a Utility almost.

all i pay comcast for is to link me to the content at speeds i pay for Comcast most their costs is infrastructure cuz their agrements with level3\ etc is symbiotic issues have arose that either end doesnt want to add more links to each other the only ppl against it seem to be the isps the Providers are offering and even in some cases begging to take the switches and cables

what it comes down to is the ISPS are mad that Level 3 is sending more comcasts way then comcast sends level 3's way there was no issue when comcast sent more now since tables have turned they want a cut even though it costs them near nothing why their profits in broadband go up their currently salty cuz ppl are fed up with their bundle bullshit on the tv front and they want their pound of flesh

google fiber has no issue with it

nor does Sonic which has a even better offer for internet in the works

the isps want you to believe that their getting fucked over yet they still somehow turn a 99% profit on broadband and still keep telling us that we want the bundle

how is that SK japan etc etc can somehow provide 1gb internet for less then most ppl here pay just for basic dsl and in some cases 10gb in small part of SK

we threw money at isps's already in the telecom act to build out fiber they built some pocketed the rest there needs to be accountability

most ppl are stuck with broadband or shit

rural ur even more fucked your either payin 70 for dial up or 100 for satellite

the status quo needs to change

we invent the damn thing yet we somehow lagg behind the like of fucking ROMANIA, latvia

This post was edited by southpark247 on Nov 11 2014 02:01am
Gold: 1,990.00
Nov 11 2014 07:47am
Quote (thundercock @ Nov 10 2014 09:41pm)

that would be fine if there were competition in the market place
Gold: 1,900.00
Nov 11 2014 08:45am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll