d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Tennis > Wow This Sport Is Really Difficult
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 481.00
Nov 9 2014 11:16am
its really hard to consistently power serve as someone who is 5"11, i cant even see the box over the net, how am i supposed to curve this ball to hit it

mad respect for anyone who plays this sport at any level above full retard

takes some serious energy and athleticism

had alot of fun playing it this morning too
Gold: 0.00
Nov 16 2014 03:55am
Quote (t9x @ Nov 9 2014 11:16am)
its really hard to consistently power serve as someone who is 5"11, i cant even see the box over the net, how am i supposed to curve this ball to hit it

TBH, a well placed kick serve is all you really need in amateur tennis, so you should watch some youtube videos and focus on that. Once you get it down, you'll see your double fault count decrease significantly and you won't get balls slammed down your throat due to a blooper 2nd serve
Gold: 0.00
Dec 31 2014 07:48pm
Quote (DeVaginey @ Nov 16 2014 04:55am)
TBH, a well placed kick serve is all you really need in amateur tennis, so you should watch some youtube videos and focus on that. Once you get it down, you'll see your double fault count decrease significantly and you won't get balls slammed down your throat due to a blooper 2nd serve

As top spin serve is the most important serve to learn it is also the hardest to master. It usually takes 2+ years just to get the hang of it. Yes I would recommend watching a youtube video on how to do topspin serves.

Quote (t9x @ Nov 9 2014 12:16pm)

Look up a video on how to do topspin serves and keep practicing at it. You will get the hang of it. It just takes time. The reason topspin serves are recommended is because it allows the ball go in the court while the ball is in the air at a higher height. They work effectively for second serves. Also consider flat serves for first serves. Do some practice at that too.
Go Back To Tennis Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll