d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > New Idea
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,578.63
Nov 1 2014 02:15am
I voted no, but I do agree partially that Dex of 40 is too high, put it down to 10 and the other 30 points go to vita.
10 str / 10 dex / 110 int / 45 vitality ... this is a good starting base for int / vita starting... the dex is pointless being 40.

Reasons I say No:

1. Extremelly high intelligence at start counters the loss of int from a weapon.
2. Either HC or SC, Alchemist starts with higher mana pool and reduce shrining.
3. Can be made 75% healer in group and 25% casting effectively compared to Mage / Warlock
4. Chaos is phenominally powerful... it may not cast as much as multistrike, but the damage when done to a large group is awesomelly amazing [seen it in game]
5. This character should have a negative, it makes the end goal harder [well not really] in gameplay, but the rewards are great at the end.

The only thing I would want to change with the ACC slot, is that +Int & Vitality on an item is also active like the Enhanced Effect... and the -25% penalty.

Note: I have not played an Alchemist, but I have played with and also seen the power of their ability in game.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Nov 1 2014 02:16am
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Nov 1 2014 05:32am
Quote (sir_lance_bb @ 1 Nov 2014 06:59)
Maybe in softcore mage is better because of unspawns and the fact you probably don't go 60+ vita.

So even having to wait until 30 to pump points into Int and having low mana pools and don't have the ability to put points into multistrike that give good rewards. The 3 row/column cast abilities aren't bad but on hardcore where you can start with 110 base int and you will have 20 starting points, you stat vita to like level 35-40 but mana pool is still huge because 110 base. Chaos isn't as bad as people think it is. The other 2 are bad though.

But like I said, the exp penalty should just be removed to higher classes and it would feel slightly better.

I thought you were the one who said you didnt stat that much vit on your caster? :P
I would not stat more than 35-40 on hc if i had my own gear, i only stated more of courtesy to john since i used all of his gear
there is no reason to stat more for anyone or any class
and i would do the mage abilities, if you do multi ofc you will get poopdmg

Normally when i play mage i outdmg alot of the warlocks too on sc.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Nov 1 2014 05:33am
But to stay on subject, its not needed, but yeah any buff will have my vote :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll