d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion - The Thunderdome! > Can You Survive?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 91,679.45
Oct 30 2014 09:23am
Quote (Deppi @ Oct 30 2014 07:37am)
Hands down, pretty much any addition would make the game better. If you want bigger player base, you gotta work for it.

I agree with this. The game is great now, but any updates/additions will continue to build on that.

I'm all for a different type of challenge, but if this one gets implemented I am making a character named MadMax.

Also, this could look like a troll suggestion, you should seek help from Rex before creating them so he can help you with formatting and brainstorming. I'm sure he could teach you the ways of a pro suggester.

This post was edited by jlhromeo on Oct 30 2014 09:32am
Gold: 23,239.46
Trader: Trusted
Oct 30 2014 10:06am
The idea is great! :)

But would be more fun if there would be on the map of the Thunderdome a pseudo trap door (Can be called Thunderbolt "A lightning from a far place impacted close to you" or stmh like that). That would gives +1-3 trap doors in monster difficulty, drops, prof, etc... The map stays, but the mobs will be changed (and ofc it woud be said). On this way as you getting closer to the "Lord Thunder" mobs getting even more harder. Could be few of them on a map, but if you're lucky maybe 0 pops up.

Would be fun if on the map can be dropped new kind of items/comfreys, etc. whiches can't be traded and works in Thunderdome only.

Ohh and would be awesome if the edge of the map won't be white as now, but would be changed to red and that would shows to everybody there's another kind of area with another laws (be careful)...
Gold: 1.71
Oct 30 2014 10:23am
I like the concept. :)
Gold: 172,065.53
Oct 30 2014 10:32am
like the idea except the think with the keys
Gold: 453.25
Oct 30 2014 10:35am
I really like this idea.

Stuff like this and Mirror Maze encourages people to Fish, suffuse and glyph. (Those aren't needed for regular climbs at all.)

Also, dedication needs a better payoff. Today luck is a lot more important than dedication. Edit: people like McClain and Kotnaschor only reseted one season each, and that's ridiculous.

Last, hard quests with good rewards makes people want to improve theirselves. For instance, I was climbing yesterday with Paparick (and I do love him), and he was a warlock that used a 50 ee level 35 healing charm. He is an example of person who plays this game for 8 years and still uses 1 fg items. We have a lot of other examples. And guess what? We managed to play well with that charm, he could keep everyone alive.

This kind of suggestion needs the attention of njaguar. He should come in here and say what he thinks and how this idea can be worked out. I really wish that happens.

This post was edited by deeds on Oct 30 2014 10:37am
Gold: 27.91
Oct 30 2014 10:37am
Well written Lance. I don't see with that argument how most if anyone could say no to this.
Gold: 3,327.41
Oct 30 2014 10:44am
Sure.. Why not?
Gold: 8,888.89
Oct 30 2014 11:27am
Quote (SmokeyMcPot1990 @ Oct 30 2014 10:22pm)
nice comments except you didnt fucking read it. he saidlvl 71-100 ONLY

I like the concept of something new and challenging. It would have to have a higher incentive though for me to climb past 71.

I read it... but did I care... no... just like when I make suggestions and you make rando comments [inb4UMakeTooManySuggestionsBlahBlah... and your point is?]

Quote (sp_patl @ Oct 30 2014 11:04pm)
i actually like it. just not the gp reward because i think its exploitable. but the statpoints and more profs are a great thing. higher tier drops would help out alot of skillers and all players selling them.

ooh boy i see people wasting theyr time in tier I maps allday...without chance of drops /upgrades/skillables...(or do climbs with the highlevels) so that is invalid. people waste time for way less ;) they call it helping others and they are happy to have people to play with.
ps: this is a very good thing for hardcore, since 98% of the people never have the chance to do Mirrormaze successfully

and i like the 71-100 cap. chars over 101 should Not be able to join the thunderdome / that group . and if so, the reward for the others is nulled. ( so it still can be done by everyone 101+l, but for the main reason of the game, the items)
that makes room for new builds and group setups . i like !

@ blue text. That is exactly the point... helping others, thus those actions can not be called wasting time :P

The cap is a good idea... but then we can already do 71-101 and face hard monsters already... just that people do not build their characters to deal with the monster damage from level 85+, well, this is my view on Hardcore, as for SC, I can not really make this comment seem relevent to them, they have better gear and the only thing that death brings is loss of prof points.

@ topic, again, concept is decent, but why a new area @ level 71 with better features, drops etc? Why not a new objective in game from level 71-101? or even better add more objectives @ level 75 / 85 & 95 with better rewards, or rewards you suggested? As for another area to game like your suggestion, then it should be available from level 1 to 101 and not closed off to anything.
Gold: 132.00
Oct 30 2014 12:26pm
Yes
Gold: 7,863.56
Oct 30 2014 01:30pm
Quote (deeds @ Oct 30 2014 01:35pm)
I really like this idea.

Stuff like this and Mirror Maze encourages people to Fish, suffuse and glyph. (Those aren't needed for regular climbs at all.)

Also, dedication needs a better payoff. Today luck is a lot more important than dedication. Edit: people like McClain and Kotnaschor only reseted one season each, and that's ridiculous.

Last, hard quests with good rewards makes people want to improve theirselves. For instance, I was climbing yesterday with Paparick (and I do love him), and he was a warlock that used a 50 ee level 35 healing charm. He is an example of person who plays this game for 8 years and still uses 1 fg items. We have a lot of other examples. And guess what? We managed to play well with that charm, he could keep everyone alive.

This kind of suggestion needs the attention of njaguar. He should come in here and say what he thinks and how this idea can be worked out. I really wish that happens.

Well, the heal charm you refer to is not quite correct.

This is the 35:
Rare focused heal X, Heals: 135 to 162, +54% Enhanced Effect, +3% Armor Pierce

This post was edited by Paparick on Oct 30 2014 01:33pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll