d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Toronto Raptors > Discussion, Love, Hate, Rage, Etc.
Prev1193194195
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 22 2019 06:48am
Siakam is only a number #2 option and that’s simply what you’re paying for.
He’s not an elite number 2 option - his performance in each individual game during the playoffs was hit or miss. You’re paying for the potential that he’s gonna be an elite #2 option with that contract.
Gold: 17,609.00
Oct 22 2019 09:10pm
Quote (Giannis @ 21 Oct 2019 22:42)
That is the spiciest hot take I’ve ever heard. Siakam is going to be better than Damian Lillard, 1st team All-NBA in the West and another 1st team All-NBA guard in Klay Thompson. You reach for the stars

Good start
Nov 3 2019 02:41am
Quote (DeRozan @ 2 Nov 2019 23:11)
Raptors are exactly where I expected - 3rd or 4th best in the East

Man we could so have repeated with Kawhi Goat :(

The reason why we lost was because the first quarter was just so atrocious

Tonight was so winnable its not even funny.

long term though Toronto needs to figure out this Bench thing and Gasol needs to get injured so he can take two months off and slow down and get in the game. He still flails his arms every time the whistle blows - like he still is in World Cup. i mean he got a double double tonight which hopefully continues.

Need a bench or we are going to have issues. I think its worth using the bench more especially this early in the season we can afford a couple losses here and there this is the east and Toronto is easy 4th best. Today's game ya need to win vs PHI BOS MIL and MIA but we need to establish our bench or our starters are going to get tired. Nurse playing team hard right now reasonably so because we want the best product on the floor but how much can he test this 7-8 man playoff style lineup every game remains to be seen, and sometimes what we want isn't what we need, kinda thing.

Masai will need to cook something up.

Work some magic for Mason Plumlee, or Thaddeus Young or that backup Center white dude from GSW he was good - to make our 4, 5 spots solid as a rock vs Laker/Philly/Buck height... (Powell plus a pick/bench player) - then hope the bench eeks out a couple decent guards in Thomas and McCaw or that

Or somehow get Lamb or Covington to make our back court nasty af, we got a bench full of prospects just waiting to go to a treadmill team.....

Something like the above before allstar break & one or two of our bench players coming through big time (one/two of the new guys) was the formula last year, like I said, Toronto still has the firepower to have a 30+ performance on the regular like last year albeit through a game of shuffle between FVV Lowry and Siakam..

Ya Kiwi woulda been coo but Masai can make it happen maybe if he somehow pulls magic out of a hat again.

Its doable this year, Toronto still very strong. Maybe if we give our bench more minutes we can either find another piece within or show off something another team will trade for.

This post was edited by Phaggot on Nov 3 2019 02:55am
Nov 28 2019 06:54pm
yesterday after beating the Knicks (126-98) Toronto Broke NBA record for Most Home Game wins in a row against opponents in their conference.

The streak is currently 33. dating back to 2015 season! Hilariously we lost to the Knicks last time way back then, woulda been pretty amazing coincidence if they broke the streak yesterday.

But we have Utah, Miami, and Houston all coming to town in the next week. Hopefully the streak can live especially cuz we have Serj Iblocka back against Miami allegedly.

Toronto also broke a franchise records for longest home win streak to start a season (8) also could continue.

I do doubt we will go 3/3 vs those teams though. They are nicely spaced out which is a great plus.

--------------------

About Yesterday's game.

There was one particular play where Siakam made a 1000iq play. Siakam drove to the basket and did the Harden inspired Gather while stepping and then take his two steps. The two steps were an amazing leftward into Rightward MASSIVE eurostep then he dished the ball 2ft to Jefferson under the net for the clean layup finish.

There was a lot going on there. First of all the mythical Harden gather I am referring to is a unique thing that Harden does where when he is driving he combines a normal looking step as a gather step - right when the foot hits the ground he sideways palms the ball into his torso to gather (The sideways palm is the key of the whole play, if he puts his hand ontop of the ball then it is a dribble step, if he keeps his hands at the side or under the ball while collecting it, then it counts as the gather step, i.e the final step of dribbling before he is awarded his two free steps. It is actually very technical, because the refs are looking at where the hand is) - then he is able to take a full 2 steps still. All the time when Harden does it, and indeed half of the Knicks team last night, The opposing players and even commentators think they just witnessed a travel. In reality there was no travel because the first step was a gather step and therefore 2 full steps are allowed afterward.

Not only Did Siakam make every single Knicks player question the refs take for no call, but he then pulled off a MASSSSSIIVEEEE euro step that basically pulled 2 defenders under the net 3 feet to the left which opened up the easy dish to a seemingly in traffic but actually now wide open Jefferson who jumped up for the easy 2. The euro step was unbelievable. The Camera angle was square on Siakam's back so you could see just how much lateral movement he got off it.

That was an insane and very high basketball IQ play. I shouldn't be so shocked that Siakam pulled that off so cleanly but the fact that he is mastering the infamous Harden gather right before Giannis sized Euro steps I mean fucking wow. I am impressed.

If you get a chance I implore you to watch that play. Define Beauty.

e: I found it starts at 1:33 in the video - notice the Knicks players throwing up their arms asking for a travel call.

Quote (Giannis @ 21 Oct 2019 21:42)
That is the spiciest hot take I’ve ever heard. Siakam is going to be better than Damian Lillard, 1st team All-NBA in the West

lmk when u gonna eat crow

This post was edited by Phaggot on Nov 28 2019 07:08pm
Gold: 8,000.00
Feb 10 2020 02:59pm
Wow.

that cop that Masai pushed is now suing him and raptors
Feb 10 2020 04:05pm
Quote (KrWWW @ 10 Feb 2020 15:59)
Wow.

Really?

Fucking Americans man. Couldn't earn something if it took them 5 years.
Gold: 171.76
Feb 10 2020 06:35pm
Quote (KrWWW @ Feb 10 2020 03:59pm)
Wow.

Concussion and permanent disability from being shoved?

Is he Samuel L Jackson in Unbreakable? lol
Mar 10 2020 04:46pm
Interesting Fact of the Day:

The Raptors Highest Draft Pick is Stanley Johnson.

Stanley, Mother bleeping Johnson.

Carry on.
Gold: 8,000.00
Apr 17 2020 08:56am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2020 02:28pm
winning 3 road games in the Finals was making history. wasnt Dwade in Mia spcical but next best
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev1193194195
Add Reply New Topic New Poll