d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Suggestions
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 50,061.36
Nov 2 2014 05:29pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Oct 25 2014 08:17pm)
3. those " 1 hit fails " on glyphing..omg we all hate them.  Picking them out but balancing with more ???  is the way to go i think.  Specially NOT NEEDED when merging glyphs  UNDER your profrange. There should be changes i agree  [lvl 21 glyphing here]

Definitely don't want to increase the number of ???'s occuring. Just remove the one shot fail altogether. The ???'s already pop up frequently enough as is. Take a look at the other four skills:

- Fishing - no chance for fails, just let go of the fish if it's too hard. No problem.
- Cooking - Fails are possible but you can still get xp if you abort before it gets burnt. No problem.
- Suffusencing - Fails are possible but you can still get xp the same way as cooking. No problem.
- Transmuting - Fails not really possible. Just keep it stable.

But glyphing ..... a lot of fails. Take a look at the ladder. Not a lot of glyphers, are there? Most people quit this pretty early. I almost did several times, but I'm sooo close to Level 3 now, so I guess I just keep on trying. This skill is at least 50% luck based.

-

Additional note: the reason I made this suggestion list is to improve the game. It needs a lot of tweaking for improvement. This glyph skill needs a lot of tweaking. I actually play the game, whereas Paul doesn't, so I have good insight on what really needs improving on and what else can be ignored/overlooked. Want more players? Make some major changes to the game itself. I doubt that making this game available on smartphones will make much of a difference but of course I could be wrong. I wouldn't play this game on hardcore on my phone - too risky imo. Focus on what's most important imo.

This post was edited by pwb3 on Nov 2 2014 05:33pm
Gold: 70,605.31
Nov 2 2014 07:11pm
i think every skill got something tricky where you can fail.

muting: you can mute mag item + mag essence and get a blank item. Or arcane item + arcane essence = mythical item. I also made rare item + magical essence = blank item. The essence is the more important thing
*not saying i dont like blanks, i well and get a chance of a sidedrop again.

glyphing: thos 1hit fails blow

fishing: the fish can escape the hook

cooking :not cooking much, is there any similar? there should be i think

suffu: you can suffu with epic essence, having a chance of 200ee, but you get 30ee..

i disagree heavily on 50% failrate on glyphs . it more like 10-15% if you stay in your range. First levels of skilling are always a little harder, so is muting aswell. That changes abetween proflevel 5 and 10

Quote (BrunoMars @ 3 Nov 2014 03:36)
Also with muting, I have muted 3 unique items. Every single time I've gotten a useless magical essence from them -.- So annoying

yeah getting a decent essence is hard enough in the first place, when its downgrading your items after that...halleluya

This post was edited by sp_patl on Nov 2 2014 07:40pm
Gold: 581.19
Nov 2 2014 07:36pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Nov 2 2014 08:11pm)
i think every skill got something tricky where you can fail.

muting: you can mute mag item + mag essence and get a blank item.  Or arcane item + arcane essence = mythical item.  I also made  rare item + magical essence = blank item.  The essence is the more important thing
*not saying i dont like blanks, i well and get a chance of a sidedrop again.

glyphing: thos 1hit fails blow

fishing: the fish can escape the hook

cooking :not cooking much, is there any similar? there should be i think

suffu: you can suffu with epic essence, having a chance of 200ee, but you get 30ee..

i disagree heavily on 50% failrate on glyphs . it more like 10-15% if you stay in your range.  First levels of skilling are always a little harder, so is muting aswell. That changes abetween proflevel 5 and 10

Also with muting, I have muted 3 unique items. Every single time I've gotten a useless magical essence from them -.- So annoying
Gold: 70,605.31
Nov 2 2014 07:55pm
Quote (pwb3 @ 3 Nov 2014 01:29)
But glyphing ..... a lot of fails. Take a look at the ladder. Not a lot of glyphers, are there? Most people quit this pretty early. I almost did several times, but I'm sooo close to Level 3 now, so I guess I just keep on trying. This skill is at least 50% luck based.

-

Additional note: the reason I made this suggestion list is to improve the game. It needs a lot of tweaking for improvement. This glyph skill needs a lot of tweaking. I actually play the game, whereas Paul doesn't, so I have good insight on what really needs improving on and what else can be ignored/overlooked. Want more players? Make some major changes to the game itself. I doubt that making this game available on smartphones will make much of a difference but of course I could be wrong. I wouldn't play this game on hardcore on my phone - too risky imo. Focus on what's most important imo.

sorry, couldnt edit .

i understand your suggestion, as you have seen alot glyphers agreed with those fails not being so cool.

but for you being glyphprof 2 and judging paul for making no improvments... dont get me wrong, he recently added glyphmerging, thats a HUGE thing for glyphers as you can almost double your speed. There is people who glyphed up to level 25s+ without merging being active.

also id say glyphing its 75% skill, 25% luck based. you will see when you got some more profs under your belt. as for now you are far from having insight on glyphing
*im sure you noticed a difference in muting aswell lately. think back how swingy [hard to stabilize,volatility jumping like crazy] rank 1 was

and paul is actually focusing on more players by making it mobile friendly. I also play hardcore. Ofc i wont play it that way, but there are alot softcore users which would. Both cores are important, softcore maybe even more due more players
he also mentioned some new feature in catas.

thats atleast my point of view:)

This post was edited by sp_patl on Nov 2 2014 08:12pm
Gold: 8,655.58
Nov 2 2014 09:58pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Oct 26 2014 12:23pm)
1. Make the X bigger for Marketplace, or at least add a hotkey to open/close it.
... Hotkey would be perfect for this... just like V = Vault / C = Character Screen etc.

2. Do the same for Shrine.
... Not needed really [Size dependent]... I just move it to the right hand side [whitespace] underneath my Inventory box... It only covers the whitespace and not LS.

3. Get rid of that one-shot-fail that happens every now and then from a failed ?!?!?! in Glyphing. That is not necessary.
... Can not give an answer to this... but if there is a 1 hit fail... that is not nice.

4. Make all of the mobs' click area a box - simple and easy to click. Right now, it's difficult to click on them. You have to be precise. That is a pain.
... This idea would make game too easy to bot, I had to change my "mouse pointer" size to adjust to this problem.

http://i61.tinypic.com/ezfp00.jpg

5. Make the pass/fail messages exclusive to each core only.
... I agree that this is annoying, I do agree that we can have the option to disable this. The main thing I hate, I have to use /clear to help reduce lag spikes.

http://i60.tinypic.com/s49ens.jpg

6. What is the point in having the fish escape from the hook in Fishing? It only serves to frustrate the player more. It adds nothing to the game. Get rid of it.
... This doesn't bother me, maybe when the fish escapes, you get some prof points... but then some people may think this is OP.

Hope those answers are sufficient enough.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll