d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Sound Implementation > Have Some Ideas
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,736.94
Oct 25 2014 03:48pm
I am working on new LS sounds atm, primarily on game sounds like hits, weapons and some skills, etc.

Since Paul said, he would not totally be against a music track as backgound, I want to share my ideas and pick up some ideas from the community.

Surely the track should be a background track to start when entering / staying in town, so it has to be smooth and not a fast, too rhythmic or in any way dominating element.
I thought about an ancient guitar slow pick sound with very smooth oriental drums having the flair of irish middleage folk elements.

This was always an old idea of mine, but I was told some months ago, music in the game wasnt liked - what I accepted ofc, since I am a simple player as most of us.
Now for the game seems to get a revolutionary new programming base, there was a slight changing in the winds as mentioned above.

Constructive help to me would be, if you have sound examples or files that fit to the style of the game, dry sounds of wood striking metal etc. is what I am looking for.
I would like you to send them to me so I can work on them to fit in the datapool (they have to be similar in length / loudness / not too sharp etc.).

Convertion is np, the programs I use can handle all filetypes. Everything is fine even if I prefer no already compressed files (like MP3, but if you have no other format, then its ok).
I will take care of the length and loudness of the data, so no sound will be too limitless, anyways the shorter they are, the easier is the implementation (no soundclashes in the game).
No echoes / reverb addition please.

Some egalizations will be necessary to be done to all of the files, expect them not to stay like they were when you sent them to me.

If you are interested to help me and to be a part of the creating, active community, feel free to shoot me a pm so we can exchange files or ideas.

Thank you in advance !

This post was edited by Verdun on Oct 25 2014 03:53pm
Gold: 52,443.89
Oct 25 2014 03:57pm
I think its cool you are working on this, but I have to say I always imagined most people having the sound off in a game like this.

LS is so simple that other background things have to be done at the same time like watching movies/streams, talking to friends, etc. Hell, maybe its even that LS is the background to those things.

And when these things happen, the in game sound gets cut. At least the music part of it. Maybe some sound effects stay on low to help trigger audible cues or whatever.

I hope your project for LS goes well, but I'm not sure how many people would appreciate the work you put into it.

This post was edited by KakeWalk on Oct 25 2014 04:02pm
Oct 25 2014 04:06pm
Y sure, there must be the ability to deactivate them separately (music / action sounds). But at least there is a choice. That's two buttons (music on/off sound on/off) in the players menue.

This post was edited by Verdun on Oct 25 2014 04:07pm
Gold: 7,618.25
Oct 25 2014 04:17pm
I think maybe a log-in theme like diablo,league of legends, and most other games have. I'm not sure if I would actually use the in game music however LS could definitely improve on its in game sounds.
Gold: 51.35
Oct 25 2014 04:20pm
Daumen hoch du machst das schon B)
Gold: 8,888.89
Oct 25 2014 04:41pm
Having access to your own music list would be better in my opinion. Yes I know that you can turn off sound in game, and play your own
music with another player on PC, don't know about phone and LS.

just a thought.
Oct 25 2014 05:25pm
Maybe I didnt make myself too clear. This is mainly not about music, but about the sounds of the actions in the game like hitting sword, hitting club, catching fish, fire spell etc.
The music thing is just a second thought and still not clearly appreciated. Just the absolute "no" has been removed.
The sounds I ask you for dont refer to music, but action sounds. Thanks !
Gold: 52,443.89
Oct 25 2014 05:49pm
Quote (Verdun @ Oct 25 2014 07:25pm)
Maybe I didnt make myself too clear. This is mainly not about music, but about the sounds of the actions in the game like hitting sword, hitting club, catching fish, fire spell etc.
The music thing is just a second thought and still not clearly appreciated. Just the absolute "no" has been removed.
The sounds I ask you for dont refer to music, but action sounds. Thanks !

Oh ok good. I definitely misunderstood and thought the music was your main goal. Different sounds for actions, and even enemy special attacks would be cool.

I don't have any sound samples to send you, so I guess this is my 2nd useless post here, but again best of luck to you.
Oct 30 2014 12:48pm
Bump
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll