d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Deadman Wonderland
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 113,075.00
Oct 23 2014 04:32pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Oct 23 2014 04:01pm)
What?

Dude, the berserk eclipse isn't the end man. It's the beginning.

The whole anime is like the premise to the actual story. You gotta read the manga, it gets absolutely glorious and epic.

As for Claymore they basically knew they weren't going to cover the whole series with anime so they changed the ending to have closure for viewers, but again, the manga keeps going and turns into something awesome as well.

Both manga series are not done btw.

i thought last claymore chapter was just released.
Gold: 7,244.00
Oct 23 2014 09:51pm
deadman wonder's anime adaptation was not that good. really strong first few eps but full potato after that

the manga (source material) is much better. a solid 8/10 read
Gold: Locked
Oct 23 2014 10:03pm
Quote (ImportAudi @ Oct 23 2014 09:51pm)
deadman wonder's anime adaptation was not that good. really strong first few eps but full potato after that

the manga (source material) is much better. a solid 8/10 read

From the sounds of it, so much was left out of the anime that it'd be wise to just read the entire manga as opposed to reading where the anime left off? Is this true?

Scumbag virgin Uguu appears to have spoiled the primary climax of the story but still... I'd like some closure.
Gold: 201,810.77
Oct 23 2014 11:48pm
Quote (Schala @ Oct 23 2014 05:23pm)
Didn't end up finishing it.... As with all things they should just make the anime when the manga is finished, lots of animes end with shitty filler endings. E.g. Claymore, 07 ghost, grantz etc THough I must admit I liked the first full metal alchemist

It doesnt work like that. Anime's want to air when they're most popular, aka while the manga is still running or recently ended. Also, that wont work for most popular mangas, which will have animes that will have multiple seasons. Noone is going to be willing to produce 10 seasons of Spice and wolf just because the LN was good. They're going to go one season at a time and end it when the reviews drop. Imagine if they started animating naruto next year, instead of 12 years ago. Would make no sense. Ex. Claymore anime wasnt popular enough to warrant another season, therefore they gave it an alternate ending. A crappy ending is better than a TBC in those cases.

This post was edited by joelmules on Oct 23 2014 11:54pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 24 2014 12:54am
Quote (CMBurns @ Oct 23 2014 02:01pm)
What?

Dude, the berserk eclipse isn't the end man. It's the beginning.

The whole anime is like the premise to the actual story. You gotta read the manga, it gets absolutely glorious and epic.

As for Claymore they basically knew they weren't going to cover the whole series with anime so they changed the ending to have closure for viewers, but again, the manga keeps going and turns into something awesome as well.

Both manga series are not done btw.

This was an anime discussion, not a manga discussion lol. I don't read manga, I have a long reading list as is and I don't have the time or desire to read manga. I usually look up stuff online about shows that ended when I'm curious (Berserk being one of these) but it still doesn't change the fact that the anime ended abruptly at a terrible time. I'm still not sure why they never continued with it and the Berserk Golden Age was pretty meh. I wish they would have just kept that original style and added to it, I hated the new style they used.
Gold: 7,244.00
Oct 24 2014 07:36am
Quote (Grime @ Oct 23 2014 11:03pm)
From the sounds of it, so much was left out of the anime that it'd be wise to just read the entire manga as opposed to reading where the anime left off? Is this true?

Scumbag virgin Uguu appears to have spoiled the primary climax of the story but still... I'd like some closure.

yes thats correct, it'd be best to read the manga from the beginning

it's not an amazing story but its entertaining
Gold: 1,975.00
Oct 24 2014 11:39am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ 24 Oct 2014 02:54)
This was an anime discussion, not a manga discussion lol. I don't read manga, I have a long reading list as is and I don't have the time or desire to read manga. I usually look up stuff online about shows that ended when I'm curious (Berserk being one of these) but it still doesn't change the fact that the anime ended abruptly at a terrible time. I'm still not sure why they never continued with it and the Berserk Golden Age was pretty meh. I wish they would have just kept that original style and added to it, I hated the new style they used.

Yea the "modern" style they tried to put into the movies was pretty meh, but what they did with the anime was awesome, "ending" included.

Not everything has to end on a high note with the good guys winning.

Anyway, if you ever want to see how badass that story turns out, reading the manga after the Eclipse would probably change your mind about reading manga in general.

@Cyba: I think you're right actually. But that's pretty recent.
Gold: Locked
Oct 24 2014 01:29pm
The only part of the Berserk films I enjoyed was the Eclipse. Homie lent me volumes 3 and 4 yesterday, I'm excited.
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll