d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Deplorable Politics ~ And The Lack Of Reaction > Opinions?
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 21 2014 01:49pm
Theres only a few things I truly despise in politics, the main being drawing out the deepest darkest fears of the black community, the gay community, and other groups with bad histories within our country, to get them to go along with you.

On Sunday the NYTimes released an article regarding how fragile the Democrat electorate is, as it relies so heavily on the high turn out and high dem leaning vote from the black community.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/19/us/in-black-vote-democrats-see-lifeline-for-midterms.html

Since then fliers have shown up in Georgia and NC regarding the senate races that are beyond questionable. As well as Wendy Davis in Texas claiming that her opponent would ban interracial marriage...

The first being NC - On Monday - Lynching in the background as a threat about what will happen if Hagan loses.

The second being Wendy in Texas - On Monday - Making claims that interracial marriage is in trouble

The third being Georgia - On Tuesday - Using Ferguson, in Georgia, as a political tool

I can only imagine it will get worse from here, pretty much daily up until election day.

My main issue with it is how the groups involved are given a pass by the NAACP time and time again, simply because it comes from the "Party for the black people".
No one should be endorsing this kind of political behavior, not only is it beyond childish, not only does it turn off people from even being involved in politics... It is extremely damaging to race relations that are already on edge.

NAACP Pres on the matter of the NC fliers
Fortunately, according to a local NAACP representative, likening the unlikely impeachment of the president to a time when African-Americans were systematically murdered by white mobs is not racist. “That’s what the community feels,” said Fayetteville NAACP branch president Jimmy Buxton.

Any one else have any opinions on this type of desperate politicking we have going on in the south, as well as other areas I'm sure?

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 21 2014 01:53pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 21 2014 01:53pm
The wendy davis tweets just seem business as usual. The rest is disgusting though.
Oct 21 2014 01:55pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 21 2014 02:53pm)
The wendy davis tweets just seem business as usual.  The rest is disgusting though.

True, its the classic "were just asking questions! Were just asking!"
I've worked on a few campaigns where the Campaign Manager tried pulling that shit. I promptly quit working for them immediately, if the candidate went along with it, and refused to give them my vote. Its jackassery at its finest.

Literally opened twitter after this post, and the first thing on my feed...

fuck these people :rofl:

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 21 2014 01:57pm
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 21 2014 01:55pm
Bunch of whiners.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 21 2014 02:03pm
politics as usual

don't see what's so outrageous here

it's just fear mongering to get people to vote from the looks of it

they're given pass because they're not blatant with how they hate or look down upon black people

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 21 2014 02:07pm
Gold: 22,720.48
Oct 21 2014 02:07pm
I just love the anti gun campaigns going on in maryland. Saw some hilarious ones for chicago too.
Gold: 1.50
Oct 21 2014 02:09pm
Better call saul

Gold: 0.00
Oct 21 2014 02:09pm
I find it really difficult to talk about American politics without feeling a little bit of despair at the state of it. There is very little in the way of actual policies or shit that matters being discussed. It's just buzzwords and mudslinging.

British politics has been going the same way in the last few years... We still have more integrity than the US but not by much and UKIP and Britain First are gaining more supporters. I'm not looking forward to seeing them become serious competitors - they're worse than the GOP. They've not had the time to learn to wrap their bullshit up in a socially acceptable way like the Republicans and (over here) the conservatives.
Oct 21 2014 02:10pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 21 2014 03:03pm)
politics as usual

don't see what's so outrageous here

it's just fear mongering to get people to vote from the looks of it

they're given pass because they're not blatant with how they hate or look down upon black people

Exactly, its politics as usual. They're trying to motivate people through threat of violence against their race if they don't vote. Thats malicious as fuck.

Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 21 2014 03:07pm)
I just love the anti gun campaigns going on in maryland. Saw some hilarious ones for chicago too.

Feel free to post them. We can make it an "absurd political fliers" thread for all I care.

Quote (Scaly @ Oct 21 2014 03:09pm)
I find it really difficult to talk about American politics without feeling a little bit of despair at the state of it. There is very little in the way of actual policies or shit that matters being discussed. It's just buzzwords and mudslinging.

British politics has been going the same way in the last few years... We still have more integrity than the US but not by much and UKIP and Britain First are gaining more supporters. I'm not looking forward to seeing them become serious competitors - they're worse than the GOP. They've not had the time to learn to wrap their bullshit up in a socially acceptable way like the Republicans and (over here) the conservatives.

Do you guys have any mudslinging laws in place that stop it from happening? Or are people just better mannered over there haha

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 21 2014 02:11pm
Gold: 500.00
Oct 21 2014 02:18pm
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 21 2014 03:10pm)
Exactly, its politics as usual. They're trying to motivate people through threat of violence against their race if they don't vote. Thats malicious as fuck.

yep, and brilliant if it works

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll