d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Walker's Promise
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 20 2014 02:22pm
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/promises/walk-o-meter/promise/526/create-250000-new-jobs/

Scott Walker led an assault on the Unions of Wisconsin as a scapegoat, claiming his anti-worker policies would boost growth and create 250000 new jobs and 10000 new businesses by this election.
So far Wisconsin has produced 100k new jobs

“There’s no reason that Minnesota should have a better growth rate in jobs, a lower unemployment rate; that they’ve gotten back all the jobs lost in the recession [or] that average incomes are $5,000 a year more,” said Burke, a former Trek Bicycle executive and Wisconsin Commerce Secretary, as she stumped through La Crosse last week, just across the river from Minnesota. “You know what? There’s nothing that says we shouldn’t be beating the pants off Minnesota. We just need better leadership.”

Notably, Wisconsin has fared worse than neighboring states led by democrat governors and congresses.
I think its pretty fair to claim that whatever growth Wisconsin has achieved is nothing but the distributed effect of the national economic recovery that all states felt

This post was edited by Goomshill on Oct 20 2014 02:24pm
Gold: 500.00
Oct 20 2014 02:27pm
can't tell whether good or bad without knowing the projections on job growth for the state before w/e policies this guy wanted to enact went into place
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 20 2014 02:29pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 20 2014 02:27pm)
can't tell whether good or bad without knowing the projections on job growth for the state before w/e policies this guy wanted to enact went into place

...you want some sheep entrails and incense?
If you can tell me what the DOW is going to be five years from now, I'll hire you on the spot
Gold: 0.76
Oct 20 2014 02:30pm
I think the smoke is already drifting lazily out of the barrel as far as Walker is concerned, between his voter Id antics, his mule headed refusal to raise the minimum wage, which he's in a unique position to do, it's fair to say he's probably not facing another term.
Gold: Locked
Oct 20 2014 03:28pm
I think Walker is and has been an idiot, as do my numerous relatives in Wisconsin. But we're all pretty left-leaning so take that how you will.
Gold: 133,165.00
Oct 20 2014 10:34pm
scott walker hasn't really done anything though...lol. Right to work is hardly a dent. He should fight for lowering the minimum wage, abolishing unions in government endeavors, etc. Remove government hands in all kinds of endeavors. etc etc.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 20 2014 10:40pm
His term has largely been a failure. Surviving recall doesn't mean he is widely supported, it means that people didn't think that something as drastic as a recall was warranted. His approval ratings are horrendous. He is very vulnerable this election.

Plus he is the villain of every college fraternity movie.

Scott Walker's star has faded, and he is on the losing side of the ideological war here.

Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Oct 20 2014 11:34pm)
scott walker hasn't really done anything though...lol. Right to work is hardly a dent. He should fight for lowering the minimum wage, abolishing unions in government endeavors, etc. Remove government hands in all kinds of endeavors. etc etc.

Nah, sound economics would be better, not reactionary bullshit that has always worked terribly throughout history. I mean during the era of laissez-faire the market crashed horribly every ten or twenty years. Since macroeconomic policy has been in place we haven't had a serious crash since 29', and the crashes we've experienced were largely due to moral hazard created by removing rules of trading and not the opposite.

I love would to see a non-FDIC bank try to open today, customers would laugh at it, because the idea is stupid.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 20 2014 10:40pm
Oct 20 2014 10:46pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 20 2014 09:40pm)
His term has largely been a failure.  Surviving recall doesn't mean he is widely supported, it means that people didn't think that something as drastic as a recall was warranted.  His approval ratings are horrendous.  He is very vulnerable this election.

Plus he is the villain of every college fraternity movie.

Scott Walker's star has faded, and he is on the losing side of the ideological war here.

Nah, sound economics would be better, not reactionary bullshit that has always worked terribly throughout history.  I mean during the era of laissez-faire the market crashed horribly every ten or twenty years.  Since macroeconomic policy has been in place we haven't had a serious crash since 29', and the crashes we've experienced were largely due to moral hazard created by removing rules of trading and not the opposite.

I love would to see a non-FDIC bank try to open today, customers would laugh at it, because the idea is stupid.

haven't had a serious crash since 29? LOL. we have one every 5 years now due to macroeconomic policy via the FED, and some are utterly devastating such as when we took money off the gold standard in the 70's. Customers wouldn't laugh at it if the whole idea and cronyism of an FDIC bank was abolished lol. Crony institutions will always outcompete legitimate endeavors. They got guns on their side. Reactionary bullshit? When has anyone actually gone this far? The most any right politician will do is support or enact austerity. Austerity is just the tip of the iceberg. This shit needs to be gutted lol. Competition is what keeps everyone accountable for their actions and their values in a society. Without it anything and everything goes without anyone being able to account for anything.

Also, the 29' crash is largely due to the fed. Sure, market failures do happen, but usually they are self-contained within a single sector. When the government is involved in everything, the entire world is afflicted. Government accounts for nothing, and the market will always do a superior job in this regard. It accounts for real time interactions between billions of citizens. A free market if the true equivalent of a participatory democracy, where every vote makes an impact.

This post was edited by RUSSiABANK on Oct 20 2014 10:48pm
Oct 20 2014 10:51pm
I wrote a fairly lengthy treatise on this regarding the irreplaceable role of money if any of you ideologues are interested:

http://lilbrother-goh.tumblr.com/post/99999448305/a-fairly-comprehensive-guide-to-what-money-is-and-is
Gold: 260.11
Oct 20 2014 10:55pm
Quote (RUSSiABANK @ Oct 20 2014 10:51pm)
I wrote a fairly lengthy treatise on this regarding the irreplaceable role of money if any of you ideologues are interested:

http://lilbrother-goh.tumblr.com/post/99999448305/a-fairly-comprehensive-guide-to-what-money-is-and-is

Can you write a more self-aggrandizing first sentence?

Sorry, no referneces, this is just you musing and lazy writing. If you're going to cite history you need to reference it, else it's just the ramblings of an internet random. I'm about 3 sentences in and you've already missed several points that keeps you from being taken seriously.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 20 2014 10:57pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1237Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll