d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cop Gets Frustrated Calls Citizen Mf > Lol This Video Made My Day
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 21 2014 09:14am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 21 2014 10:02am)
Right to privacy is what you do in private

videos and photos taken as long as they are taken in a public place and the subjects are in a public place it's legal

And then published on a commercial outlet like youtube? Where they have the potential to profit from my likeness?

At least on television you have to sign a waver, they are forced to act with some ethics. No ethics for the internet generation.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 21 2014 09:20am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 21 2014 10:14am)
And then published on a commercial outlet like youtube?  Where they have the potential to profit from my likeness?

At least on television you have to sign a waver, they are forced to act with some ethics.  No ethics for the internet generation.

The police will be the first to tell you that you have no expectation of privacy for what occurs in public.
Gold: 25.00
Oct 21 2014 09:22am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 21 2014 10:20am)
The police will be the first to tell you that you have no expectation of privacy for what occurs in public.

unless it involves filming an officer
Oct 21 2014 09:22am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 21 2014 10:20am)

Oh I know. It is unfortunate. , that's all. If I don't have a right for my telephone conversations to be private and subject for search warrant because they're on public airwaves when on a cell phone then I definitely can be subjected to the dehumanizing and alienating experience of having a stranger video tape me. Personally though, on a bad day, the social contract might not save the interloper.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 21 2014 09:23am
Quote (Santara @ 21 Oct 2014 10:20)

That's why when the cops act like meat heads......you know they're really meat heads..
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 21 2014 09:23am
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 21 2014 10:22am)
unless it involves filming an officer

Only if they have a reasonable assumption that hey can destroy the video evidence.
Gold: 171.76
Oct 21 2014 09:44am
Quote (Santara @ Oct 21 2014 11:23am)
Only if they have a reasonable assumption that hey can destroy the video evidence.

Well they do it regardless because too many softies for cops live under that mantra of " cops wouldn't be doing something if you didn't deserve it "
Gold: 0.00
Oct 21 2014 09:50am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 21 2014 03:56am)
wtf? who removed a piece of evidence, who obstructed anything and just how do you think he did that?  One thing that keeps the US. strong is the fact that we are able to police
those who police us, we can bear arms to keep government honest ( :rofl: ) well from becoming a military state.

In a free country that man has every right to drive around the block and film what the police are doing, to deny him that right would be to take away the basic right that we have of keeping those who police us in check, and events in the last few years strongly indicate that we desperately need that right.

No one did anything, obviously. But, how do the officers know that from their perspective while investigating a crime scene? It's easy for us to sit and watch a YouTube video from behind our computer screens after the fact. Which makes you wonder what purpose would a person have to circle a crime scene in their car late at night? Are they looking to distract officers? Are they trying to hide evidence? Are they helping a suspect flee the scene? Were they part of the crime and are looking for a way out? What is there purpose?

Now, the cops have to stop what they're doing and figure out why this car is driving around. When they pull the person over, that person is immediately hostile and attempting to get away as soon as possible. That's got to raise all kinds of red flags.

Except...wait. They aren't doing anything helpful. They're just goading the police into a YouTube video to become internet famous. They just waste the officers' time when the officers have to figure out what in the hell this suspicious vehicle is doing. It's not that he was filming the police that bothers me. It's the way he handled it. He was acting suspicious, then throws a shitfit when the police come over and ask him why he's being suspicious.

It's not like the asshat filmed the next Rodney King beating. He was just sticking his nose in other people's business trying to get YouTube subscribers.
Oct 21 2014 10:11am
Quote (sylvannos @ Oct 21 2014 10:50am)
No one did anything, obviously. But, how do the officers know that from their perspective while investigating a crime scene? It's easy for us to sit and watch a YouTube video from behind our computer screens after the fact. Which makes you wonder what purpose would a person have to circle a crime scene in their car late at night? Are they looking to distract officers? Are they trying to hide evidence? Are they helping a suspect flee the scene? Were they part of the crime and are looking for a way out? What is there purpose?

Now, the cops have to stop what they're doing and figure out why this car is driving around. When they pull the person over, that person is immediately hostile and attempting to get away as soon as possible. That's got to raise all kinds of red flags.

Except...wait. They aren't doing anything helpful. They're just goading the police into a YouTube video to become internet famous. They just waste the officers' time when the officers have to figure out what in the hell this suspicious vehicle is doing. It's not that he was filming the police that bothers me. It's the way he handled it. He was acting suspicious, then throws a shitfit when the police come over and ask him why he's being suspicious.

It's not like the asshat filmed the next Rodney King beating. He was just sticking his nose in other people's business trying to get YouTube subscribers.

/thread
Gold: 0.76
Oct 21 2014 10:35am
Quote (sylvannos @ 21 Oct 2014 10:50)

The cops don't know anything other than he's driving around, he hasn't broken a single damn law.
we are innocent until proven guilty, besides the cop knew who he was and knew what he was doing he said that the guy had been following the squad car around all night.
Again not against the law!
As far as wasting time the cop is the one who decided to pull him over and bust his chops for following him around, it was a clear case of harassment.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll