d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 3 Egyptian Soldiers Killed > Tunnel Collapse
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 22 2014 08:59am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 22 2014 10:54am)
I know and they are chickenshit for doing it, but Israel knows that they do it, and Israel has a very good rocket defense system in place. retaliation by carpet bombing city blocks is overkill,They can be much more precise
especially in the case like I mentioned a couple pages back, when 5 Israeli soldiers were captured and the Israelis announced a Hannibal doctrine, which by definition means it's better to have the men dead than captured, so they leveled close to 5 city blocks of a neighborhood where they had on pretty good information that their men were being held. This to me is unnecessary slaughter of innocent life, religion,political party, or race it doesn't matter, it just makes me sick.

...could you exaggerate any more or do you just not know the definition of carpet bombing ?
Gold: 0.00
Oct 22 2014 09:29am
Quote (Yakir @ 22 Oct 2014 14:34)
If that group shooting rockets from civilians homes , by international law is legit target .
Now you need to ask this : Why Hamas attacking Israel from heavy crowded civilian area's ?
Answering "because they don't have other place" , well , those citizens then died because of Hamas actions and decisions to attack from these places.

In Warsaw under Nazi reign in the ghettos if they had fought back, firing homemade rockets from inside the ghetto at their oppressors they would have been hailed as heroes. If the Germans had retaliated by bombing whole blocks we would have called it an atrocity.

Gaza is one big ghetto created by the Israeli regime to systematically oppress the palestinian people.

The only difference between the ghettos in Warsaw and Gaza is that Israel lives on the other side of those ghetto walls. It has it's citizens, women and children there. Does that make a difference? idk. How else are the Palestinians supposed to fight back against the theft of their land, their wealth, the destruction of their infrastructure and, in essence, the destruction of their futures?

You can't create apartheid, pushing all members of a certain race into a strip of land unable to provide them with what they need to prosper, and in some cases even to survive, and then demonise them for fighting back.

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 22 2014 09:34am
Gold: 0.76
Oct 22 2014 09:32am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ 22 Oct 2014 09:59)
...could you exaggerate any more or do you just not know the definition of carpet bombing ?

wiki dictionary
Carpet bombing, also known as saturation bombing, is a large aerial bombing done in a progressive manner to inflict damage in every part of a selected area of land.

Webster online
Definition of CARPET BOMB
transitive verb
: to drop large numbers of bombs so as to cause uniform devastation over (a given area)
: to bombard repeatedly, widely, or excessively <carpet

ok I did know the definition glad I could help you, this is exactly what I meant once again you post no substance just hate and bait.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 22 2014 09:36am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 22 2014 10:32am)
wiki dictionary
Carpet bombing, also known as saturation bombing, is a large aerial bombing done in a progressive manner to inflict damage in every part of a selected area of land.

Webster online
Definition of CARPET BOMB
transitive verb
:  to drop large numbers of bombs so as to cause uniform devastation over (a given area)
:  to bombard repeatedly, widely, or excessively <carpet

ok I did know the definition glad I could help you, this is exactly what I meant once again you post no substance just hate and bait.

Can you now exercise that brain of yours? I know you're a smart fellow, regardless of your "I'm not college educated..." commentary. See bold, and tell me if it applies as you're using it.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 22 2014 09:50am
Quote (Santara @ 22 Oct 2014 10:36)
Can you now exercise that brain of yours? I know you're a smart fellow, regardless of your "I'm not college educated..." commentary. See bold, and tell me if it applies as you're using it.

yes I'll dig up stories if I must but Israel did indoctrinate what they term a state of Hannibal and it means exactly as I described and they did just as I said, I'm not sure if it was timed as perfectly progessively but they did bomb intensely a 5 block area to keep their own men who had been captured from talking.

I haven't found the first story that I read but this explains what I was talking about. I was wrong about how many soldiers there were it was only one of their own that they were trying to kill.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/13/us-mideast-gaza-warcrime-insight-idUSKCN0I20FN20141013

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Oct 22 2014 10:00am
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 22 2014 04:09pm
A three-month-old girl was killed and eight other people were injured when a car hit them at a Jerusalem railway station.

The driver tried to flee the scene on foot and was shot by a police officer, police told BBC News.

Police say they suspect the incident was a "terrorist attack" and said the suspect had previously served time in an Israeli prison "for terrorism".

The driver is in a serious condition in hospital, Israeli officials say.

Unconfirmed reports suggest the driver was a Palestinian from East Jerusalem.

The baby girl and her parents were US citizens, Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat told the Associated Press news agency.

=/
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 22 2014 06:47pm
This is carpet bombing:

This is where they drop bombs with the intent if saturating as wide an area as possible with the attack.

Israeli airstrikes look like this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1114801/Israeli-military-footage-air-strikes-Gaza.html

No one carpet bombs anymore, because the militaries of the world now use precision weaponry, like GPS or laser guided munitions. A target can be engaged without having to resort to blowing up square miles at a time (of which Gaza has only 139). Use of the term carpet bombing is not only inaccurate, it carries a connotation of indiscriminate fire. With the firepower Israel wields, if they were to actually carpet bomb inside Gaza, one mission would kill thousands at their population density. Look, I'm not disputing that Israel is heavy handed in this, but carpet bombing is an inaccurate term specifically chosen by anti-Israeli people to elicit emotional reactions from the people who hear it.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,500.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 22 2014 11:53pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 22 2014 06:29pm)
In Warsaw under Nazi reign in the ghettos if they had fought back, firing homemade rockets from inside the ghetto at their oppressors they would have been hailed as heroes. If the Germans had retaliated by bombing whole blocks we would have called it an atrocity.

Gaza is one big ghetto created by the Israeli regime to systematically oppress the palestinian people.

The only difference between the ghettos in Warsaw and Gaza is that Israel lives on the other side of those ghetto walls. It has it's citizens, women and children there. Does that make a difference? idk. How else are the Palestinians supposed to fight back against the theft of their land, their wealth, the destruction of their infrastructure and, in essence, the destruction of their futures?

You can't create apartheid, pushing all members of a certain race into a strip of land unable to provide them with what they need to prosper, and in some cases even to survive, and then demonise them for fighting back.

Israel did not create Gaza , comparing Israel to Nazi Germany is just stupid .
Gaza was there even before 1948 under Egyptian control , so you can say that Egypt was those who created that Ghetto .
If the Jews in the Ghetto was there by their own decision and then attack Nazi Germany just because they wanted their lands and Germany would react ONLY to the place where they attack from , then their actions would be O.K. ( you can take out Nazi Germany and Jews and replace it with what ever you want ) .
Saying "Hamas got no other places to attack from , what do you except from them ?" is just a stupid a naive saying if to be honest , they could building military base's but they chose to use civilian homes , they could build and declare on an area for rocket launch sites but they choose to shot from civilian properties ( hospitals,schools,UN building and so on ) .
Now , you can blame Israel for attacking those place's or you can ask "Why Hamas shot from there?" , if Hamas is a legit government by some of you then why he's acting like a guerrilla unit ?
Another question you may ask , is there any military operation without any innocent live taken? ( not talking about Black Op's operations ) .
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll