d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > 3 Egyptian Soldiers Killed > Tunnel Collapse
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 171.76
Oct 20 2014 10:56am
Quote (Yakir @ Oct 20 2014 12:55pm)
Why you guys brought Israel issue again?
*sigh*

check post #2
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 20 2014 10:58am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 20 2014 11:52am)
Hamas is irrelevant to Israels bombings of heavily civilian areas....Hamas didn't drop the bombs....they had no metaphorical or real gun to israels head....

Israel is responsible for its own actions.

You have a kindergartner's view on morality. If I'm holding up a bank with hostages around me, and SWAT comes in to take me out, but they accidentally shoot a hostage, the responsibility is in my hands.
Trade Moderator
Gold: 82,500.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 20 2014 11:00am
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 20 2014 07:56pm)
check post #2

Just wanted to let you guys know that are more people killed by Hamas tunnels in the Egypt side thats it.
Oct 20 2014 11:06am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 20 2014 12:58pm)
You have a kindergartner's view on morality.  If I'm holding up a bank with hostages around me, and SWAT comes in to take me out, but they accidentally shoot a hostage, the responsibility is in my hands.

Apples and oranges...Swats objective is to save the hostages...

Israel could care less how many Palestinian children they kill save for the bad publicity it brings
Gold: 270.56
Oct 20 2014 11:35am
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 20 2014 08:06am)
No it's not. Those civilians shouldn't support Hamas by letting them use them as shields. Those children's deaths are placed squarely at the feet of the people who caused their deaths. Palestinians.

But of course you won't argue because you're a Hamas sympathizer who hates Jews.

Max troll level reached.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 20 2014 02:50pm
Collateral damage is damage to things that are incidental to the intended target. It is frequently used as a military term where non-combatants are accidentally or unintentionally killed or wounded and/or non-combatant property damaged as result of the attack on legitimate enemy targets.[1][2]

The USAF Intelligence Targeting Guide defines the term "[the] unintentional damage or incidental damage affecting facilities, equipment, or personnel, occurring as a result of military actions directed against targeted enemy forces or facilities. Such damage can occur to friendly, neutral, and even enemy forces".[1] Another United States Department of Defense document uses "[u]nintentional or incidental injury or damage to persons or objects that would not be lawful military targets in the circumstances ruling at the time. Such damage is not unlawful so long as it is not excessive in light of the overall military advantage anticipated from the attack."[4]

Intent is the key element in understanding the military definition as it relates to target selection and prosecution. Collateral damage is damage aside from that which was intended. Since the dawn of precision guided munitions, military "targeteers" and operationspersonnel are often considered to have gone to great lengths to minimize collateral damage.[5]

since collateral damage seems to be a popular term to be tossed about, I thought maybe we should hone the translation down just a tad.

What I don't see is, it described as: The loss of property and of civilian life that occurs with the indiscriminate bombing of a general area, in the sole purpose of killing your own captured soldiers so that they won't give any secrets to the enemy.

I'm not pro one side over the other, I'm for life, I wish the fighting would end but I don't think either side would let it sadly.

This post was edited by Valhalls_Sun on Oct 20 2014 02:51pm
Gold: 1,819.09
Oct 20 2014 03:57pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 20 2014 12:18pm)
Again, trying desperately with the personal attacks to add validity to your point...which isn't going to sway anyone.

Israel uses overwhelming military force against Palestinian civilian areas, knowing it will kill civilians

"surely Israel is responsible for the bombs it drops in areas it knows to be civilian, especially given its overwhelming military superiority in the conflict. On the other, Israel and its defenders argue that Hamas forces it launch these overwhelming campaigns in civilian areas"

Hamas irresponsibility and terrorists actions does not absolve Israel of its guilt by using overwhelming force in civilian districts

"Second, the pro Israeli argument presents a false binary choice between passively accepting Hamas's rocket attacks versus bombing Gaza civilian neighborhoods into the stone age. Given Israel's overwhelming military superiority and its vastly lower exposure to fatalities (more than 100 Palestinian civilians have been killed for every one Israeli civilian), surely it could afford to be less enthusiastic in its utter destruction of civilian-heavy areas.

It may well be the case that sometimes Israel is forced into an impossible choice between ignoring rocket attacks and bombing a civilian structure, in which it is at least defensible for Israel to privilege its self-defense and bomb the building. But in a larger view it is very difficult to imagine that a Palestinian threat that has killed seven Israeli civilians is dire enough to justify attacks that have killed 815 Palestinian civilians."

I'm not attempting to sway anyone when I talk about your homoerotic encounters with conspiracy theorists and your mad anti-Semite ravings that make a person believe you are the reincarnation of Adolf Eichmann.

Being anti-overwhelming military force was invented by the losers of conflict who thought it was unfair their enemy was so much bigger then them.

Hamas put their civilians at risk. Israel is fighting a war. You can't complain about civilian casualties when you engage in asymmetrical warfare.

Quote (Vereor @ Oct 20 2014 01:35pm)
Max troll level reached.

Shh.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 20 2014 04:51pm

Quote (Caedus @ 20 Oct 2014 16:57)
I'm not attempting to sway anyone when I talk about your homoerotic encounters with conspiracy theorists and your mad anti-Semite ravings that make a person believe you are the reincarnation of Adolf Eichmann.

Being anti-overwhelming military force was invented by the losers of conflict who thought it was unfair their enemy was so much bigger then them.

Hamas put their civilians at risk. Israel is fighting a war. You can't complain about civilian casualties when you engage in asymmetrical warfare.

Shh.

I notice a imbalance in escalation of post rage!!

facts and opinions may make someone contemplate your view but just spewing hate makes you look like a zealot without a discerning thought process

Oct 20 2014 08:01pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 20 2014 05:57pm)

Shh.

Lol so you have no credible argument and have resorted to calling me a gay Jew hater ....
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2014 08:03pm
Quote (IceMage @ 20 Oct 2014 16:58)
You have a kindergartner's view on morality.  If I'm holding up a bank with hostages around me, and SWAT comes in to take me out, but they accidentally shoot a hostage, the responsibility is in my hands.

In all fairness if it was an israeli swat team theyd be using RPGs.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll