d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Why It's Impossible To Talk To Liberals > About Race
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 19 2014 09:29pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 19 2014 10:28pm)
Hispanics are wildly more successful than Blacks at pretty much everything. Including crime. They get caught way less.

I'd call it Hispanic Semi-Detriment.

Including fleeing a country that 'represses them'

__

so after watching it again, it seems that JS's stance is that if all black people weren't raised in ghettos (not all black people are raised in ghettos) there would be no such thing as white privilege. So really its just money privilege, which any retard on the face of the planet will agree with you on. Its not a race issue, it is just an issue that heavily impacts one race. (race issue implies all races are involved, when apparently like Tcock said, its just black detriment)

This post was edited by Mangix on Oct 19 2014 09:36pm
Gold: 9,039.20
Oct 19 2014 10:01pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 19 2014 03:39pm)
There is segregation in the United States.  Our schools are one example.  Health care access is another example, though positive changes have been made there.

There is segregation because people choose to segregate. Do you want to make decisions for brown people now?
Oct 19 2014 10:11pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 19 2014 04:23pm)
according to anthropology there is no such thing as race, i agree

Race is an informal descriptor of human population dofferences. To claim it doesn't exist or the differences observed are imagined is incredibly retarded, I wouldn't take anything a modern anthropologist says seriously anyways. The primary reason being, generally at least, they believe in a dogmatic strain of cultural determinism, one which declines to accept any evidence that punctures their ideologies. If they were to acknowledge this dissonance, their ideas involving society would be invalidated.

Concerning human biological differences I would be much more concerned with what biologists think, anthropology has fallen to the same poison as sociology and other studies that give cultural determinist ideologues an inch of credibility.
Gold: 1.69
Oct 19 2014 10:33pm
Quote (killg0re @ 20 Oct 2014 00:11)
Race is an informal descriptor of human population dofferences. To claim it doesn't exist or the differences observed are imagined is incredibly retarded, I wouldn't take anything a modern anthropologist says seriously anyways. The primary reason being, generally at least, they believe in a dogmatic strain of cultural determinism, one which declines to accept any evidence that punctures their ideologies. If they were to acknowledge this dissonance, their ideas involving society would be invalidated.

Concerning human biological differences I would be much more concerned with what biologists think, anthropology has fallen to the same poison as sociology and other studies that give cultural determinist ideologues an inch of credibility.

It is retarded? Why do you think that? If such an informal descriptor is causing any sort of society a lot of pain, why block out anything that will try to lessen the stress? Taking the negativity into account I still agree with them. Every single race can mate with another, and have their traits passed on to their offspring from both of the parents. This is quite concluding that what we see as race is simply a description of humans with different physical traits, and not biological traits, than anyone else.

You sound quite knowledgeable with the way you phrased what you said.
Oct 19 2014 10:43pm
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 19 2014 10:33pm)
It is retarded? Why do you think that? If such an informal descriptor is causing any sort of society a lot of pain, why block out anything that will try to lessen the stress? Taking the negativity into account I still agree with them. Every single race can mate with another, and have their traits passed on to their offspring from both of the parents. This is quite concluding that what we see as race is simply a description of humans with different physical traits, and not biological traits, than anyone else.

I simply don't care about what society feels, it isn't important to me in anyway, and I won't let it create a bias in reality.

The mere fact their traits can be passed on, (i.e., inherited), is enough of an observation to conclude that the superficial physiological traits race describes have a biological component. You cannot create distinction between physical & biological differences for something as obvious as heredity, the act of reproduction is one of nature.

I'm not sure if it is a fear of acknowledging this that liberals have, that people are different in ways only nature controlled for, I am not scared of difference and it doesn't necessitate a reason for intolerance regardless if others incorrectly use it for this.

Oct 19 2014 10:46pm
Quote (killg0re @ 20 Oct 2014 00:43)
I simply don't care about what society feels, it isn't important to me in anyway, and I won't let it create a bias in reality.

The mere fact their traits can be passed on, (i.e., inherited), is enough of an observation to conclude that the superficial physiological traits race describes have a biological component. You cannot create distinction between physical & biological differences for something as obvious as heredity, the act of reproduction is one of nature.

I'm not sure if it is a fear of acknowledging this that liberals have, that people are different in ways only nature controlled for, I am not scared of difference and it doesn't necessitate a reason for intolerance regardless if others incorrectly use it for this.

Of course, physical traits are results of genetic coding and therefore lie under the field of genetics aka biology. However, using the differentiation of race just because of major or minor differences in traits means we should do it for other traits as well. Ugly, diseased, good looking. Blonde, blue eyes, brown eyes, ect. In order to actually have a scientific term for this we would have to take all traits into consideration, and that is not the case.

This rules out the term race logically in both social field and scientific field.
Oct 20 2014 12:29am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 19 2014 10:46pm)
Of course, physical traits are results of genetic coding and therefore lie under the field of genetics aka biology. However, using the differentiation of race just because of major or minor differences in traits means we should do it for other traits as well. Ugly, diseased, good looking. Blonde, blue eyes, brown eyes, ect. In order to actually have a scientific term for this we would have to take all traits into consideration, and that is not the case.

This rules out the term race logically in both social field and scientific field.

Race is obviously A flawed simplistic explanation of human differences, humans are more diverse than a few arbitrary categories based on physical characteristics and melanin levels but politically correct fears of studying these differences in-depth has led to greater fantasies on the other side, outright denial of difference, and even whole theories being informed completely off the assumption of indifference.

That doesn't mean the differences are negligible, you will find people have no problem discriminating on those traits mentioned above when it comes to reproduction. Race itself is only one descriptor of differences, moving beyond the concept completely and creating a legitimate one (e.g., mtDNA) founded on something more solid than olde world bigotry would be a step forward, maybe something even those in the Cathedral of Social Sciences can be behind.

Gold: 32,161.71
Oct 20 2014 01:01am
Quote (ChrisKz @ Oct 19 2014 11:33pm)

:blink:

This post was edited by iMMze on Oct 20 2014 01:01am
Gold: 0.76
Oct 20 2014 08:53am
Quote (killg0re @ 19 Oct 2014 23:11)

Quote (killg0re @ 19 Oct 2014 23:43)

Quote (ChrisKz @ 19 Oct 2014 23:33)

I can walk out to the pasture and sprinkle powdered sugar and sparkles on a steaming pile of bullshit, but guess what?

Oct 20 2014 10:58am
Quote (iMMze @ 20 Oct 2014 03:01)
:blink:

I was trying to say that they are seen as physical traits and not in a different category as any other physical trait. I said that badly there, I know =/.

Quote (killg0re @ 20 Oct 2014 02:29)
Race is obviously A flawed simplistic explanation of human differences, humans are more diverse than a few arbitrary categories based on physical characteristics and melanin levels but politically correct fears of studying these differences in-depth has led to greater fantasies on the other side, outright denial of difference, and even whole theories being informed completely off the assumption of indifference.

That doesn't mean the differences are negligible, you will find people have no problem discriminating on those traits mentioned above when it comes to reproduction. Race itself is only one descriptor of differences, moving beyond the concept completely and creating a legitimate one (e.g., mtDNA) founded on something more solid than olde world bigotry would be a step forward, maybe something even those in the Cathedral of Social Sciences can be behind.

If you look at the term race and how it affect our history it has a good and bad effect. (I'm bad with using affect and effect so if I used them wrong have mercy).
In the past, before more open borders race helped unify people and helped them get through trials, and group up to fight in wars over territory which may have been a matter of survival at the time.
In today's time, with open borders and people communicating more freely with others of different 'race' it is a more harmful thing. I'm still not doing a good job of explaining my point, but I hope I did get across what I meant... If you guys give me some responses, if you are curious, maybe I can better explain my point to a more specific avenue of discussion.

This post was edited by ChrisKz on Oct 20 2014 11:03am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll