d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Physical Evidence Shows Mike Brown Tried > To Murder Officer Wilson Before Shooting
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 18 2014 02:58pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 18 2014 02:36pm)
I think it'd be great if folks like Ben Carson and Herman Cain (who actually grew up in very poor and very racist areas) did stuff like that. And maybe they do and they aren't successful.

It shouldn't be a political issue at all IMO but it is...which makes it incredibly frustrating and unproductive.

If only he could keep his pants zipped.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 18 2014 03:13pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 18 2014 04:40pm)
Fuck I can't wait to watch Lebron with Kyrie and Klove.

:thumbsup: tell me about it
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 18 2014 03:16pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 18 2014 04:13pm)
:thumbsup: tell me about it

I think they have a good chance to make the finals. I don't have much faith in DRose's knee, and the Pacers don't have Paul George. I could see a Wizards/Cavaliers ECF.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 18 2014 03:16pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 18 2014 03:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2014 12:47pm)
Politics is social.  It falls under the social umbrella along with family, health care, education, economy, and religion.

These structures are social structures that each perform a function within society.

Politics are social because we live in a democratic republic, but social issues does not necessarily mean politics. I know you believe that the government should nanny everyone, but most people don't believe in that.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 18 2014 06:52pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 18 2014 12:46pm)
It's more of a social issue than political issue. It shouldn't be the government's job to correct every single flaw in our society.

It became a political issue and the government's job when they decided certain groups only counted as 3/5ths of a person.

These social problems were caused by institutionalized racism sponsored by our government. It's similar to how Native Americans were treated. We stole from and murdered them, forced them into large prisons, took away children to force assimilation, then can't figure out why reservations are such a mess 50 years later.

Plenty of blacks make it out and try to help, like Condi Rice, or become positive role models, like Obama. However, I think it's fair to say there's a level of brain drain going on with how disproportionately we arrest and convict blacks. How do you know to be a good parent when both of yours are in prison and you grew up in a group foster home?

Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 18 2014 07:50pm
Quote (sylvannos @ Oct 18 2014 07:52pm)
It became a political issue and the government's job when they decided certain groups only counted as 3/5ths of a person.

These social problems were caused by institutionalized racism sponsored by our government. It's similar to how Native Americans were treated. We stole from and murdered them, forced them into large prisons, took away children to force assimilation, then can't figure out why reservations are such a mess 50 years later.

Plenty of blacks make it out and try to help, like Condi Rice, or become positive role models, like Obama. However, I think it's fair to say there's a level of brain drain going on with how disproportionately we arrest and convict blacks. How do you know to be a good parent when both of yours are in prison and you grew up in a group foster home?

I definitely agree that history plays a major role in poor black communities. However I place the blame on the individual at this point. There are jobs to be had.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 18 2014 07:58pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Oct 18 2014 08:50pm)
I definitely agree that history plays a major role in poor black communities.  However I place the blame on the individual at this point.  There are jobs to be had.

Low wage service industry jobs that pay well below what is necessary to raise a family.

I don't think you understand structural inequality. The black urban underclass is maintained by the most powerful members of our society to ensure that labor stays cheap.
Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 18 2014 08:00pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2014 08:58pm)
Low wage service industry jobs that pay well below what is necessary to raise a family.

I don't think you understand structural inequality.  The black urban underclass is maintained by the most powerful members of our society to ensure that labor stays cheap.

How exactly is it maintained and by who?
Gold: 285.00
Oct 18 2014 08:05pm
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Oct 18 2014 09:00pm)
How exactly is it maintained and by who?

The political system and laws, by those who are able to use such things to their advantage.

And when somebody got to be too much of a pain in the ass of the powers that be, they are killed. See the two good Kennedy's, Malcolm X, MLK.

The same people who hired the Pinkertons, or use subterfuge like "right to work".
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 18 2014 08:28pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 18 2014 06:05pm)
The political system and laws, by those who are able to use such things to their advantage.

And when somebody got to be too much of a pain in the ass of the powers that be, they are killed.  See the two good Kennedy's, Malcolm X, MLK.

The same people who hired the Pinkertons, or use subterfuge like "right to work".

Try taking off the the tin foil hat...

Quote (sylvannos @ Oct 18 2014 04:52pm)

And that institutionalized racism has been corrected AND the government took some pretty drastic steps at correcting the problem. It's been over 60 years since Brown v Board, 50 since the civil rights movement. There's no denying that blacks generally have it harder but that's not an excuse.

Black crime is a vicious cycle that simply isn't going to break until THEY decide to break it as a whole. The opportunity to succeed EXISTS.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll