d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Teacher Attacks High School Student
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2014 01:28pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 19 Oct 2014 14:29)
sure the student provoked the teacher ...but the teacher took it back to the student that is the Jerry Springer mentality, you don't meet violence with more violence and expect a happy ourcome. The fecking theacher is the adult here is is being paid to make the right decision. And the right decision is not to escalate the violence no matter how pissed off she is...if nothing else at the very least just think an older woman could have proven herself to be an example of how a woman of dignity responds to actions like that, instead she reinforced the behavior now the girl will feel justified in her actions.

What if this had been 6th graders? or 3rd. graders should she have handled it any different? I'd like to know some of the caners opinions??

I disagree. I feel like anyone who is being a cheeky little cunt should have the concept of respect beat into them.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 19 2014 01:35pm
Quote (Fooba @ Oct 19 2014 02:28pm)
I disagree. I feel like anyone who is being a cheeky little cunt should have the concept of respect beat into them.

Respect can't be beaten into somebody. Respect must be given mutually.

These kids have probably never been shown any respect, how are they supposed to know what it is?

Beating shitty kids just turns them into shittier kids.
Gold: 119,903.34
Oct 19 2014 05:02pm
Quote (Fooba @ Oct 19 2014 02:28pm)

If respect could have be beaten into someone. Then police brutality wouldn't be a problem.

This post was edited by sir_lance_bb on Oct 19 2014 05:03pm
Gold: 174,200.00
Oct 19 2014 10:43pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 19 2014 10:32am)
Our wrestling coach in H.S. was a real jock he would go down to a grove of trees at the far end of the campus and bust smokers, one day a boy pushed back when coach pushed his shoulder
our coach put the kid in a half nelson and then fell back on top of him it broke the kids spine and paralyzed his lower half. Coach got fired but didn't do jail time I think the kids parents settled with the school
but if coach had just walked away and diffused the situation 2 lives wouldn't have changed.

holy shit... i am 59 weeks away from becoming a certified math teacher but i could never put a child in a full nelson. I have watched too much wrestling to know the damage....

this really does make me sad because i do NOT want to imagine being paralyzed. that seems like a death sentence to me.

EDIT: the way you subdue children to not act in a physical way is to simply be strong yourself. no child should out strengthen an adult. you are a grown ass (wo)man don't be a fat fuck and you can handle these children.
it is shit like this that scares the living fuck out of me to become a teacher, yet i feel as though this is why I MUST become one

This post was edited by Duckling on Oct 19 2014 10:46pm
Gold: Locked
Oct 20 2014 02:12am
both are wrong
Gold: 1,819.09
Oct 20 2014 08:38am
Quote (Duckling @ Oct 20 2014 12:43am)
holy shit... i am 59 weeks away from becoming a certified math teacher but i could never put a child in a full nelson. I have watched too much wrestling to know the damage....

this really does make me sad because i do NOT want to imagine being paralyzed. that seems like a death sentence to me.

EDIT: the way you subdue children to not act in a physical way is to simply be strong yourself. no child should out strengthen an adult. you are a grown ass (wo)man don't be a fat fuck and you can handle these children.
it is shit like this that scares the living fuck out of me to become a teacher, yet i feel as though this is why I MUST become one

My condolences. I feel sorry for anyone who wants to be a teacher in the USA. A life of poor pay, no respect, and long hours isn't a very good one.
Gold: 25.00
Oct 20 2014 08:59am
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 20 2014 09:38am)
My condolences. I feel sorry for anyone who wants to be a teacher in the USA. A life of poor pay, no respect, and long hours isn't a very good one.

i respect any teacher that goes into the field knowing and accepting that "i will get paid very little, but this is what I want to do".
I think if they paid more, like canada, they could attract much better candidates for teaching positions. The problem currently is that the people currently working, a lot of whom are barely qualified to work at a quick-e-mart want to get said higher wage.
I think the only way forward in that area, regarding higher (and I mean 200%+ gains, you need bout 70-90k to get the interest of someone capable of making 150-200k, but would really like to teach) would be to start seeking people for that wage, but not raising current teachers. Current teachers are then allowed to "reapply" to see if they qualify, then eventually, weed all the bad apples out until you have nothing but highly qualified teachers, making an honest living. Of course I'm sure people would lose their minds about hating childen, racism, and other bullshit before anything like that was allowed to take place.
Gold: 0.76
Oct 20 2014 09:27am
Quote (Mangix @ 20 Oct 2014 09:59)
i respect any teacher that goes into the field knowing and accepting that "i will get paid very little, but this is what I want to do".
I think if they paid more, like canada, they could attract much better candidates for teaching positions. The problem currently is that the people currently working, a lot of whom are barely qualified to work at a quick-e-mart want to get said higher wage.
I think the only way forward in that area, regarding higher (and I mean 200%+ gains, you need bout 70-90k to get the interest of someone capable of making 150-200k, but would really like to teach) would be to start seeking people for that wage, but not raising current teachers. Current teachers are then allowed to "reapply" to see if they qualify, then eventually, weed all the bad apples out until you have nothing but highly qualified teachers, making an honest living. Of course I'm sure people would lose their minds about hating childen, racism, and other bullshit before anything like that was allowed to take place.

dude we're agreeing!! It's astounding that we pay the plumber the electrician, hell the garbage men make more than most teachers, and we piss and moan about paying the teachers. I do think the concept of tenure is wrong and instead some sort of re-certification program like every 5 years or so that followed salary increases along with post degree classes to keep them fresh as well. I know that means more work but we're talking more money too.
Gold: 25.00
Oct 20 2014 09:37am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 20 2014 10:27am)
dude we're agreeing!! It's astounding that we pay the plumber the electrician, hell the garbage men make more than most teachers, and we piss and moan about paying the teachers. I do think the concept of tenure is wrong and instead some sort of re-certification program  like every 5 years or so that followed salary increases along with post degree classes to keep them fresh as well. I know that means more work but we're talking more money too.

Totally, we ask other professions to recertify all the time. In my line of work any time Microsoft releases a new OS I have to study and recertify before I can continue teaching. I personally know of a handful of people that I've worked with, that currently make around 100-200 a year that would rather be teaching at schools and always have wanted to, but the life style is just not worth it. Most of them said they would settle for 80 a year, which I'm pretty sure is in line with Canada. Then at the same time I know my step brother is becoming an English teacher and is full and well aware that hes going to live like shit, but its what he wants to do.

We also do whats called teach the teacher, where when you're just starting, you have to come take a 12 hour a day, 5 day course where another instructor teaches the class.... how to effectively teach.
It sort of sucks because the course costs about 4 grand, but its worth it.
Gold: 174,200.00
Oct 20 2014 09:37am
honestly i know it is going to be horrible. i already work in the schools as a tutor, and i see such young bright minds getting fucked over again and again. However, i feel as though I will be a very exceptional math teacher. I honestly feel I am the brightest in my program at my college. The teacher asked the class if anyone could explain the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra in their own words. I was the only one. I was in shock....It is such a SIMPLE Theorem, that is so so so so so so obvious. But to be honest, I cannot teach my entire life. I have come to the realization I am way to bright to JUST teach at a public school. I however, do want to earn more than my measly $12/hr job that is nothing more than physical labor. So that is why I want to do this. I plan to push my education farther than I would have ever thought coming out of high school. I am a lazy student, but I am VERY curious. Also, yes there are LOTS of shit teachers/staff at schools who do not care. They walk around like mere bullies with a walkie-talkie in one hand, coffee (from some outlet, not made at home) like they are captain king shit. Too bad they are usually fat/old sacks of shit who are nothing in life, and will die before I hit my 40s. It really does discourage me from wanting to do this, but I am not going to be a fool and have no backup plans. I am so great at mathematics, that I know if I work hard I will make it bigger than I ever thought. I just want to pass this onto the next generation. It is not going to be easy though because children these days in contrast to myself (a mere decade apart) are simply brought up differently. However, I feel as though I do not have difficulty gaining respect from others, so I do not worry about gaining students respect.

My biggest fear of myself entering this profession is two things: The political aspect and "keeping my mouth shut" so to say. I will have a hard time doing this, with fear of losing my job. And the other issue is going to be the emotional side of dealing with specific students. I know I will meet students who have rough situations and I know there will be days I will go home, cry my tears out so hard for these children, for what they have to put up with.

Honestly, though I have high hopes that things will be better someday.

Also, I feel my calling to being a teacher is I do not think I want my own children. I wish I could pass my genetics onto someone, because I very unique (left handed/redhair/very intelligent/good looking/great health) but....with the way world is and going I just do not want my children to deal with this shit out their. I would much rather help all these children who are far worse off first.

This post was edited by Duckling on Oct 20 2014 09:41am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll