d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Stats Update On Trends Amongst Conservatives
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Oct 17 2014 04:35pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Oct 17 2014 12:36pm)
Damn, I'm sick right now, tips on how to marry into health?

Ah yes, the homosexual agenda and their devious and hidden plot to legalize gay marriage.

no no no you've got it all wrong, it's a plot to turn good young boys into deviant homosexuals using the media

believe me, i hate the emasculated pop culture as much as the next guy, but i ASSURE YOU, they're only doing what sells and there is no plot to bring Western sexual morals to it's knees
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 17 2014 05:05pm
Quote (iMMze @ Oct 17 2014 02:29pm)
my step-mom is ultra republican it drives me fucking crazy at times. especially since she just married her way into health, she's constantly spamming my fb with this nonsense.

i feel like the contents in what op expressed could have been written by her

I deactivated mine a couple years ago, but it was always a good time arguing religion/politics on Facebook. My generation is so hip.

Quote (Caedus @ Oct 17 2014 03:50pm)
He's not. There has definitely been a significant move towards "equality" for homosexuals that is getting pretty nauseating. I just read an article about homosexuals in TV, and it said something like 3-5% of TV characters are LGBT, and that wasn't nearly enough. It wanted about 10-12% LGBT representation in TV characters. Which is way over representative. And this didn't come from a gay website, it came from a mainstream media outlet. You can do equal rights, but pushing "acceptance" and acting like this is a major civil rights issue is ridiculous. The media needs to stop fucking talking about it. They can marry whoever they want and it's taboo to be anti-gay in public now. You've had you're victory, stop trying to get more out of it. I don't know if that's an agenda.

Yes sir.

I don't know why liberals are in denial about it. If I was a liberal I would embrace the push for equality/representation, not hide from it. Bunch of slack-jawed phaggots.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 17 2014 05:12pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 17 2014 05:31pm)
ZOMG!!! 3-5% HOMOS!!!!!

what if I catch it by watching too much tv? what next? are they going to creep into professional sports too?? OWAIT they have!! why did they have to do that!!
couldn't they be happy with just a few on TV? greedy HOMOS!!!
This must be a PLOT  a gay PLOT they are PLOTTING against us straight white guys!!
it's a HOMOAGENDA!!!!!!! OHNOES!!!!

why don't you stop talking about it you fucking closed minded bigot.

caedus the bigot does have a nice ring to it
Gold: 1,819.09
Oct 17 2014 07:27pm
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 17 2014 06:31pm)
ZOMG!!! 3-5% HOMOS!!!!!

what if I catch it by watching too much tv? what next? are they going to creep into professional sports too?? OWAIT they have!! why did they have to do that!!
couldn't they be happy with just a few on TV? greedy HOMOS!!!
This must be a PLOT  a gay PLOT they are PLOTTING against us straight white guys!!
it's a HOMOAGENDA!!!!!!! OHNOES!!!!

why don't you stop talking about it you fucking closed minded bigot.

I didn't say they were plotting to take over. Maybe you think they're going to take over.

What's ridiculous is this has pushed far beyond a civil rights movement. Why the fuck should 1/10th of TV characters be LGBT? 3-5% of TV characters is already proportional. Why do politicians get shamed if they don't come out during a pride parade and wave a flag? Why are children being taught in schools today that "gender is a social construct"?

I think most people today simply don't care anymore. Like I said, they already achieved what they should get, equal rights. They have that, and they made people saying derogatory comments toward LGBT taboo. What more do they want? I've actually seen certain groups asking for a set percentage of political representation reserved for LGBT representatives. That's absurd. It's not a gay agenda, but it's a case of stop fucking pushing society to be overly accepting.

It's stupid when people call people bigots simply because they don't support what a minority group is looking for. Someone who thinks affirmative action should end is not racist. Someone who thinks universal healthcare should not be restricted just to elderly people are not ageists. Someone who thinks the media should stop giving so much attention to LGBT movements to the determinant of everything else is not a bigot.

And for the record, I'm not a bigot. One of my best friends from childhood came out about five years ago and I was prominent in the wedding party (and happy to be). My sister just ended a relationship with a girl she's had since she was 16 and I was completely supportive. I just don't give a fuck about LGBT issues anymore when they've already achieved civil rights. They don't need over representation in popular culture.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 17 2014 08:00pm
Has to be satire...who actually says Barack Hussein Obama?
Oct 17 2014 08:01pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 17 2014 09:00pm)

I just call him Hussein.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 17 2014 08:01pm
Gold: 500.00
Oct 17 2014 08:01pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 17 2014 08:27pm)
I didn't say they were plotting to take over. Maybe you think they're going to take over.

What's ridiculous is this has pushed far beyond a civil rights movement. Why the fuck should 1/10th of TV characters be LGBT? 3-5% of TV characters is already proportional. Why do politicians get shamed if they don't come out during a pride parade and wave a flag? Why are children being taught in schools today that "gender is a social construct"?

I think most people today simply don't care anymore. Like I said, they already achieved what they should get, equal rights. They have that, and they made people saying derogatory comments toward LGBT taboo. What more do they want? I've actually seen certain groups asking for a set percentage of political representation reserved for LGBT representatives. That's absurd. It's not a gay agenda, but it's a case of stop fucking pushing society to be overly accepting.

It's stupid when people call people bigots simply because they don't support what a minority group is looking for. Someone who thinks affirmative action should end is not racist. Someone who thinks universal healthcare should not be restricted just to elderly people are not ageists. Someone who thinks the media should stop giving so much attention to LGBT movements to the determinant of everything else is not a bigot.

And for the record, I'm not a bigot. One of my best friends from childhood came out about five years ago and I was prominent in the wedding party (and happy to be). My sister just ended a relationship with a girl she's had since she was 16 and I was completely supportive. I just don't give a fuck about LGBT issues anymore when they've already achieved civil rights. They don't need over representation in popular culture.

that phrase sounds exactly like what a bigot would say though

as for the media if it's giving them ratings they'll put on what everyone's interested in and considering all conservatives have the homosexual agenda as #1 on their priority list (conservapedia says so) then obviously that's what the media is going to deliver

the lgbt craze will fade away if and when people stop making a big deal of it

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 17 2014 08:05pm
Gold: 20.31
Oct 17 2014 08:03pm
Sometimes I like peering into the bubble world. I wish I could have seen into it on Election Night 2012, the closest I got was the Karl Rove meltdown on Faux News Fantasy Land. But even that made me feel cheated because Bret Baier and Megyn Kelly were aware enough to pile on and treat Karl Rove like the clueless oaf that he is.
Oct 17 2014 08:04pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 17 2014 09:01pm)
that phrase sounds exactly like what a bigot would say though

That's a silly viewpoint though, even if it's a popular one. Having a gay friend who came out and you then have a part in his wedding says something about your views on the gay community.

The gay agenda is a real thing, and it's evident who supports it and who doesn't.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 17 2014 08:12pm
Quote (Skinned @ 18 Oct 2014 02:00)

People who want to refer to him by his full name?

Although generally people use it as an insult... having the same name as an infamous middle-eastern dictator must suck a little. It's getting a little tired now though in my eyes and is generally only used by extreme right-wingers or trolls trying to provoke a reaction. Either might as well be satire for all the seriousness with which they deserve to be taken.

Quote (IceMage @ 18 Oct 2014 02:04)
That's a silly viewpoint though, even if it's a popular one.  Having a gay friend who came out and you then have a part in his wedding says something about your views on the gay community. 

The gay agenda is a real thing, and it's evident who supports it and who doesn't.

Can I ask what you mean by 'the gay agenda'?

This post was edited by Scaly on Oct 17 2014 08:13pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll