d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Most Disturbing Police Beating You May Ever Se > Wow...
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 171.76
Oct 16 2014 09:50pm

http://rare.us/story/man-brutally-beaten-by-police-over-11-hours-for-traffic-violation-files-lawsuit/

I spout off a lot...but Jesus fucking christ man.....this actually brought me to tears....no one should ever be tied up like an animal and beaten to a point that could easily kill someone...

It also appears like their could or could not be a coverup to avoid charges against the officers....this is only one side of that story...it could just be that people genuinely believe these officers...but I don't know how you can when you watch the dashcam video..who knows...

What is not up for debate however... is how chilling it is....that people you entrust your lives, safety and liberty to....can be so violent to an unarmed restrained human being, that they are so far gone with rage that they cannot control their anger, their swearing, their disdain for another human being crying and apologizing for anything he may have done to offend them.....and continue to beat him....and that hospital staff, would let someone that badly beaten go back into custody of those officers...

I hope any of you in Penn do whatever you can to bring this to the attention of the proper authorities to stop this from ever happening again by removing every last one of the officers present during that blatant assault from duty forever, and bringing the ones who participated in it to justice by locking them in a cage where they can never harm another human being.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2014 10:09pm
Pretty shocking video. The man was lucky to escape with his life. It should not have taken this long for justice to be done. The troopers should be on bail and suspended pending a trial or already in prison.

Completely disgusting behaviour.

I think it's difficult to argue that this sort of thing is a few isolated cases... there is definitely, to my mind, a pattern of violent, criminal behaviour from police officers in the US. I don't think it's as prevalent as some activists would have you believe but I do think it is a pattern and not simply isolated incidents.
Oct 16 2014 10:14pm
Quote (Scaly @ Oct 17 2014 12:09am)
Pretty shocking video. The man was lucky to escape with his life. It should not have taken this long for justice to be done. The troopers should be on bail and suspended pending a trial or already in prison.

Completely disgusting behaviour.

I think it's difficult to argue that this sort of thing is a few isolated cases... there is definitely, to my mind, a pattern of violent, criminal behaviour from police officers in the US. I don't think it's as prevalent as some activists would have you believe but I do think it is a pattern and not simply isolated incidents.

Accurate....not all officers are this evil...but the ones that don't speak out against them or even worse....help them cover it up....that's the winnable battle imo....if we can change the way the blue shield wall works ....so that officers had more to gain by removing scum like this from their midst than by staying silent...we might have a chance
Gold: 752.10
Oct 16 2014 10:15pm
As much as I am for gun control, incidents like this make me want to own a gun more and more...
Oct 16 2014 10:21pm
Quote (nobrow @ Oct 17 2014 12:15am)
As much as I am for gun control, incidents like this make me want to own a gun more and more...

BAD idea, in my younger days I felt the same way after some horrible interactions with police officers....but I realize now if you have a gun...you may kill 1 or 2 crooked cops, but you will die as well, and they will look justified and heroic and shit like this will keep happening....

what we need is non violent civil disobedience on a wide enough scale to make someone with the power to make the calls change something....I have no idea how to organize anything like that or I would...and I have no desire to be a hero or leader, especially with a young daughter...but I'd support anyone's efforts to reform our crooked police forces.
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 16 2014 10:23pm
Quote (nobrow @ 16 Oct 2014 21:15)

Why so you can do suicide by cop?
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 16 2014 10:24pm
Quote (nobrow @ Oct 16 2014 11:15pm)

Honestly, if the victim had had a gun, he might be dead now.
Oct 16 2014 10:25pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 17 2014 12:24am)

hivemind
Gold: 752.10
Oct 16 2014 10:27pm
Quote (Santara @ Oct 16 2014 10:24pm)

I know, but I am talking heavy weapons to keep at home. I've considered buying a .50 cal sniper rifle from a gun store not too far from me, if something like Furgeson were to happen. I rarely drive alone and cops are a lot less likely to act up if there is a 2nd person present.
Oct 16 2014 10:33pm
Quote (nobrow @ Oct 17 2014 12:27am)
I know, but I am talking heavy weapons to keep at home. I've considered buying a .50 cal sniper rifle from a gun store not too far from me, if something like Furgeson were to happen. I rarely drive alone and cops are a lot less likely to act up if there is a 2nd person present.

Do whatever action you feel is best to protect yourself my friend...and although sometimes they just fly off the handle regardless of what happens....or without any real reason for it.... do your best to always be calm and respectful during your interactions.

they shouldn't be able to beat someone just for being smarter than they are....or being arrogant...but they aren't always rational people

This post was edited by bitg_pj on Oct 16 2014 10:34pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1238Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll