d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Global Wealth Inequity... > Wow ...
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 171.76
Oct 14 2014 07:24pm
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 14 2014 08:35pm)
Not everyone can be rich.

As I said not everyone needs to be rich .... But the disparity is so bad it's not even a funny joke
Gold: 1,819.09
Oct 14 2014 07:31pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 14 2014 09:22pm)
If you lived in Africa as a poor black starving child you wouldn't need it explained to you...

I don't mind that others can work harder to get more for themselves and their families ... I do mind when half the world is exploited and used as dirt cheap labour to boost those that don't care what happens to them as long as they can drive prices and costs down a little and profits up a little ... When everyone has food and shelter.... Then these numbers will be irrelevant

Those starving Africans would love to switch places with the exploited poorly paid South Asians. Humans have right to equal rights, not of equal things. Countries in Africa would love to have foreign companies come in an "exploit" them by providing them with jobs that pay like crap.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 14 2014 07:32pm
Quote (Caedus @ Oct 14 2014 08:31pm)
Those starving Africans would love to switch places with the exploited poorly paid South Asians. Humans have right to equal rights, not of equal things. Countries in Africa would love to have foreign companies come in an "exploit" them by providing them with jobs that pay like crap.

^^^child labor argument works for adults too. :)
Gold: 3,804.50
Oct 14 2014 07:59pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 14 2014 09:22pm)
If you lived in Africa as a poor black starving child you wouldn't need it explained to you...

pretty sure that's middle class in africa
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 14 2014 08:02pm
If you make 30 grand per year, you are in the top 1% of the world. The global median salary is less than 10K. Unless you are willing to give up all those first world privileges that you enjoy so much (such as eating every day), you should probably shut the fuck up.
Gold: 152.00
Oct 14 2014 08:17pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 14 2014 07:22pm)
Inequity is not inherently a bad thing, and anyone trying to level out the world's wealth for the sole sake of leveling out the world's wealth is an ignorant communist shit
What matters is the baseline quality of life and resources for the world's poor, and if everyone in that bottom 50% had food, shelter, medicine and opportunity, I wouldn't give a shit about how much richer the top 1% was getting

I couldn't possibly agree more. I few weeks ago I made an almost identical post in a Facebook discussion.
Gold: 171.76
Oct 14 2014 08:33pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 14 2014 10:02pm)
If you make 30 grand per year, you are in the top 1% of the world. The global median salary is less than 10K. Unless you are willing to give up all those first world privileges that you enjoy so much (such as eating every day), you should probably shut the fuck up.

"However, more than $77,000 is required to be a member of the top 10% in global wealth-holders, and $798,000 of wealth to be among the top one per cent, the report said."

thanks for lying and skewing numbers....I highly doubt more than a handful of people working for 30k a year have more than 800k of equity.

So You should shut your mouth justin, im done with you lying and trolling around here, if you don't have a useful...well thought out argument, get the fuck out. Thanks

Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 14 2014 10:17pm)
I couldn't possibly agree more. I few weeks ago I made an almost identical post in a Facebook discussion.

The problem is practically ZERO of that bottom 50% has adequate amounts of ANY of those things, food, shelter, clean water, education, healthcare or a chance to improve upon it...

I am considered lower middle class by financial status....and I realize that this puts me around that top 10% globally....my situation is more than adequate.

This doesn't mean I don't recognize or sympathize with the ones who truly suffer ... and your argument that I have to suffer or I can't say anything is even more retarded
Gold: 152.00
Oct 14 2014 08:38pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 14 2014 10:33pm)
The problem is practically ZERO of that bottom 50% has adequate amounts of ANY of those things, food, shelter, clean water, education, healthcare or a chance to improve upon it...

I am considered lower middle class by financial status....and I realize that this puts me around that top 10% globally....my situation is more than adequate.

This doesn't mean I don't recognize or sympathize with the ones who truly suffer ... and your argument that I have to suffer or I can't say anything is even more retarded

I completely agree with you, this particular situation of inequality needs to be improved, just saying it's not inherently a bad thing.
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 14 2014 08:48pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 14 2014 06:33pm)
"However, more than $77,000 is required to be a member of the top 10% in global wealth-holders, and $798,000 of wealth to be among the top one per cent, the report said."

thanks for lying and skewing numbers....I highly doubt more than a handful of people working for 30k a year have more than 800k of equity.

So You should shut your mouth justin, im done with you lying and trolling around here, if you don't have a useful...well thought out argument, get the fuck out. Thanks

I guess you don't know the difference between WEALTH and INCOME. What I said is CLEARLY income given that I used the word SALARY. Your net worth is equal to your assets minus liabilities (which you should know if you're a banker). That includes your retirement account, equity in your home, the value of your possessions, your vehicle, etc. minus your loans.

sources: http://www.globalrichlist.com/

So yes, you should take my advice and shut the fuck up.
Gold: 633.87
Oct 14 2014 08:53pm
Quote (bitg_pj @ Oct 14 2014 08:22pm)

I don't mind that others can work harder to get more for themselves and their families ... I do mind when half the world is exploited and used as dirt cheap labour to boost those that don't care what happens to them as long as they can drive prices and costs down a little and profits up a little ... When everyone has food and shelter.... Then these numbers will be irrelevant

Completely incorrect, you are the communist shit Goomshill was talking about.

Cheap labour benefits from traditional globalization, the problem is that resources are not allocated equally as a matter of geography and that different regions have developed unequally for a multitude of very complex reasons.

Go to school and learn why the world is the way it is. I'm the polar opposite of the educated left and I have more in common with them than you.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123414Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll