d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Question About Objective > Elemental Education
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35.78
Oct 19 2014 08:58am
Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ Oct 19 2014 12:30am)
You have implite though, master of quests. Lord of they unknown. KING OF THE IMPOSSIBLE.
I'm sure he has ways to help :D

:rofl: :hug:
Gold: 575.25
Oct 19 2014 09:00am
what mods were on the map that spawned ambush for you?

+ Level Cap
Gold: 105,555.55
Oct 19 2014 09:01am
Quote (SilentXer0 @ 19 Oct 2014 16:00)
what mods were on the map that spawned ambush for you?

+ Level Cap

+1 rooms +133% warm light effectiveness, also in the chat (on the right one)
we can reproduce that any time, any map-doable quest should be doable on a tier 1 map.

This post was edited by Dante on Oct 19 2014 09:03am
Gold: 575.25
Oct 19 2014 09:03am
i have never got ambush or above quests to spawn on tier 1 maps, they have spawned on higher maps for me fine.
guess i was mistaken.

Edit.
Thank you , i learned something here. i did test this quite a bit and have never got ambush to spawn.

This post was edited by SilentXer0 on Oct 19 2014 09:07am
Gold: 8,892.68
Oct 19 2014 01:44pm
Quote (sp_patl @ Oct 20 2014 03:56am)
agree in first point , some quests are harder to spawn. we will retry i guess :/

but you are clearly wrong saying no ambush spawns on a tier I map. We made tons of quests before it should spawn. ( ambush lvl 15, swarm lvl 15,etc) That is what maps are for !

for example we made slash the swarm yesterday on a I map, and tons of other quests. Ofc i have no evidence, thats why i took 5minutes now for a new test with screenshot :

http://i.imgur.com/ltlE7Sl.png << ambush on a tier I map.

your map chart is good and very useful but has nothing to do with any quests :)

Well... that is nice to know... we [4 of us] did tierI map... created with level 93 [map = largest size] a total of 5 times and did not spawn Ambush once, during that time, we also needed "Slash the Swarm", so we used a Patched map with +9 Cap and got lucky to remove that objective... but no dang Ambush.

I am wondering a bit more... now you got this objective from a "Valley" map... will the type of map make a difference with objectives, or level of character creating map + size? One thing is for sure, next time I will test a Valley map to see if we get Ambush... and if that is the case... might have to ask you or others when hunting EE, keep a record of the type of map [valley / volcanoe etc] listed when or if it spawns... I know this is just a random idea, but we can never know... :D

EDIT: maps used were Volcano for certain... :D

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Oct 19 2014 01:45pm
Gold: 70,681.31
Oct 19 2014 03:38pm
yeah ambush is crap specially in groups. Its way easier to spawn it solo, for unknown reasons (cut farming in groups?) ..

From what i experienced for now the map type has no effect on quests. It only tells you what mobs you are going to encounter. paul calls them Ecosystem if im not mystaken, those groups of mobs ,separated in maps

I was able to do any quest*** on any maptype. its just smart to know what mobs spawn where, some mobs can be quite annoying.You dont want to fight 60+shamans with 2 foglimes (without casters on X map ) for example.

*** exept elemntal education and nom nom. But im working on that ;)

i made a list of those ecosystems, its not done yet. but here a little preview for those interestred:

------------
beachmap -easy (goocidic meleeshield)

razorpus
ballrus
walktopus
Goocidic Gooify (blocks all physical damage for a few seconds)
Aqueous Water condenser (shrink)
sharfin
shonark
Clawgel Multi-target Heall
reptigon
slamander
-----------
valley - okay (meleeshield foglime , push back from hornicorn)

Foglime Mistical Fog (temporary +physical defense party buff)
mysticle
wrizard
prowlion
gagrrryl
Hornicorn Front-row trample attack (physical) Rear-ender (back kick to back row)
Huntaguar Wind Fist Attack (physical + wind)
Tornalisk Wind Balls (multi-shot wind attack)
windragon
Torrentile Torrential Twisters (multi-shot wind attack)
filthyneck
-----------

This post was edited by sp_patl on Oct 19 2014 04:06pm
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll