d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Revelation Series - Jesus Revealed > #1 See The Real Jesus
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,272.50
Oct 12 2014 07:09am
Quote (card_sultan @ 12 Oct 2014 06:08)
Is that the only two reasons/choices you can think of?

For his scenario yeah. He said he was a minister at a small church then stopped because he felt guilty of telling everyone they're "sinners".

His story doesn't add up, lol.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 12 2014 07:09am
Gold: 152.00
Oct 12 2014 07:31am
rip world
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2014 07:55am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 12 Oct 2014 13:09)
For his scenario yeah. He said he was a minister at a small church then stopped because he felt guilty of telling everyone they're "sinners".

I don't see how that doesn't add up. Where is the inconsistency?
Gold: 0.76
Oct 12 2014 08:05am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 12 Oct 2014 08:09)

fair question; I'll try to keep this short, I was preaching about God's unconditional love and how he loved us so much he gave us free will, and then he came down and walked among us and utimately died for us.

because we are sinners and can never be perfect or in other words "good enough" to make it into heaven without Him dying for us and taking on all of our nasty dirty sins.

Now I have kids that I think we've done a pretty good job of raising

in my eyes my kids are perfect and I tell them so I let them know how much I love them all the time and the love has no strings attached, I would never say I love you even though you don't deserve it. There's nothing you can do to deserve my love you'll always be wanting in my eyes but I'll still accept you. How messed up

would my kids be with a dad like that?

Then I realized that there were people sitting in the pews listening to me tell them that message....You don't deserve god's love but he'll give you some anyway if you ask nice, he'll always find you wanting, because you

can never be perfect in his eyes. And I stopped believing I couldn't go on preaching messages of grace when I didn't believe it.

if I seem hostile I'm sorry I'm not, believe me it's much more secure of a feeling when you can reassure yourself that there is an afterlife but the harsh realities of just a peaceful nothing at this stage of pain seems nice as well.
Oct 12 2014 08:06am
Quote (Scaly @ 12 Oct 2014 06:55)
I don't see how that doesn't add up. Where is the inconsistency?

How can he be a minister but feel guilty about telling people they are sinners? Why does he feel obligated to tell his Church attendee's they're sinners? We all fall short and telling church members that and being depressed about it just doesn't make sense to me.

Biggest misconception is let's not be detrimental to ourselves and think we're nothing because we "sin" all the time. That's not what Jesus taught and certainly not why he died on the cross. In fact, it's for the exact opposite reason.

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 12 2014 08:07am
Oct 12 2014 08:10am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ 12 Oct 2014 07:05)
fair question; I'll try to keep this short, I was preaching about God's unconditional love and how he loved us so much he gave us free will, and then he came down and walked among us and utimately died for us.

because we are sinners and can never be perfect or in other words "good enough" to make it into heaven without Him dying for us and taking on all of our nasty dirty sins.

Now I have  kids that I think we've done a pretty good job of raising

in my eyes my kids are perfect and I tell them so I let them know how much I love them all the time and the love has no strings attached, I would never say I love you even though you don't deserve it. There's nothing you can do to deserve my love you'll always be wanting in my eyes but I'll still accept you. How messed up

Then I realized that there were people sitting in the pews listening to me tell them that message....You don't deserve god's love but he'll give you some anyway if you ask nice, he'll always find you wanting, because you

can never be perfect in his eyes. And I stopped believing I couldn't go on preaching messages of grace when I didn't believe it.

if I seem hostile I'm sorry I'm not, believe me it's much more secure of a feeling when you can reassure yourself that there is  an afterlife but the harsh realities of just a peaceful nothing at this stage of pain seems nice as well.

I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think you know what LOVE is. It's a two way street man,it's mutual, it's not exclusive.

You said:
"And I stopped believing I couldn't go on preaching messages of grace when I didn't believe it."

What does this mean? I didn't believe it? Didn't believe what? That God loves you? Why would u think that?

This post was edited by HighschoolTurd on Oct 12 2014 08:12am
Gold: 0.76
Oct 12 2014 08:39am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 12 Oct 2014 09:10)
I don't want to sound rude, but I don't think you know what LOVE is. It's a two way street man,it's mutual, it's not exclusive.

You said:
"And I stopped believing I couldn't go on preaching messages of grace when I didn't believe it."

What does this mean? I didn't believe it? Didn't believe what? That God loves you? Why would u think that?

I'm pretty sure I do know what Love is my friend in fact I still love my fellow man as I'd have him love me, I think the teachings of JC. are great guidelines, I just don't believe that they are divine

I don't believe in god so I don't believe in his grace when I said I lost faith I thought this would be clear.

I bear you nor any believers any hostility man I love you brother I just cant believe.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2014 08:40am
Quote (HighschoolTurd @ 12 Oct 2014 14:06)
How can he be a minister but feel guilty about telling people they are sinners? Why does he feel obligated to tell his Church attendee's they're sinners? We all fall short and telling church members that and being depressed about it just doesn't make sense to me.

Biggest misconception is let's not be detrimental to ourselves and think we're nothing because we "sin" all the time. That's not what Jesus taught and certainly not why he died on the cross. In fact, it's for the exact opposite reason.

Because those were the beliefs of his religious organisation. He didn't believe them and saw the detrimental effect they were having on those who did.

I see no implausibility in his argument.
Gold: 7,252.72
Oct 12 2014 08:48am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 12 2014 10:05am)

Now I have  kids that I think we've done a pretty good job of raising

if I seem hostile I'm sorry I'm not, believe me it's much more secure of a feeling when you can reassure yourself that there is  an afterlife but the harsh realities of just a peaceful nothing at this stage of pain seems nice as well.

...I have never seen someone who claims to have been a Christian screw up so badly in their understanding of Gods' love for us .

1 John 4:

International Version (NIV)

10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:16

New International Version (NIV)

16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

John 15:13

13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 12 2014 08:55am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Oct 12 2014 08:48am)
...I have never seen someone who claims to have been a Christian screw up so badly in their understanding of Gods' love for us .

1 John 4:

International Version (NIV)

10 This is love: not that we loved God,but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

1 John 4:16

16 And so we know and rely onthe love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

John 15:13

13Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

Which, again, is weird. The "You don't deserve it" theme is super common in baptist churches.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123412Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll