d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > What Are The Chances For Increased Friend Slots? > Double The Max Of 32 To 64
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20.70
Oct 12 2014 03:06am
I would like to see friend slots on profiles double in size from 32 friends to a maximum potential of displaying your top 64 friends. There are a lot more friends that I have but it's impossible to display all of their avatars. I almost feel like I'm letting somebody down because I can't proudly display them.

My thinking is that it would make profiles a lot more fun to browse and edit anytime you wanted to. Each friend slot already cost 500 Forum Gold per each one purchased so it would still be for the dedicated people who really want to go that far. It's not like you have to do it if you don't want to. Some people may decide to display less than the standard 6 friend slots. That's their decision and I respect that but for the D2jsp enthusiasts like me there should be extra possibilities.

I'd also like to have a separate row of 32 placed in either the left, center or right of the profile but that's a topic for another day. Adding more flexibility to profiles would be amazing and a lot of fun. I believe that D2jsp is so powerful of a social networking site. Just a few more tweaks here and there would make it so much more exciting and enjoyable.

Just my two cents. I appreciate your time even if you disagree with my thoughts on this. My passion for this site is unmatched and I'm extremely thankful for creating a thread like this even if it's just a losing cause and it doesn't prompt any change.
Gold: 62.77
Oct 12 2014 03:16am
I think this is an excellent idea. :)

we should be able to move friends to different parts of our backgrounds too. ^_^

voting 64 because it's a great idea! :thumbsup:
Gold: 19,149.06
Oct 12 2014 03:17am
yes if you add me to your top
<3
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2014 03:27am
I totally agree, also would be all over being able to have more than one specific area to place them. :thumbsup:
Gold: 20.70
Oct 12 2014 03:28am
Quote (Cheetos @ Oct 12 2014 04:17am)
yes if you add me to your top
<3

Of course buddy. I want to have you in mine for example but I have no room. LOL
And somehow when I replace somebody I always get a PM from that person asking why.

I honestly have no use for Forum Gold at the moment which is why I'm at a low amount at the moment. Maybe if I play the new Diablo II ladder season in another month or two. But if there was a chance to purchase another 32 friend slots for 500 FG apiece, I'd be working hard to accomplish just that. I always felt a sense of great accomplishment every time I had purchased one or two in the past. It made me feel happy. But once I maxed out at 32 a sense of depression and sadness came over me. I cried for a couple of minutes.

I can understand how it can be difficult to double media slots from 5 to 10 but I don't think doubling friend slots from 32 to 64 would be that difficult for those in charge of making that happen. It would also help balance out profiles and allow you to make everything the same length as you scroll down. I was also in favor of adding some type of HTML Block on the left side of your profile where you can maybe add some sort of small 80 x 80 image just to add more content.

D2jsp is without a doubt the greatest website ever created. I wish I had found this site sooner than I did (2009).
If I had known about it the day it was created I'd have been a member here on that exact day. I love everybody.

This post was edited by Madmartigan on Oct 12 2014 03:29am
Gold: 111,131.11
Oct 12 2014 03:31am
Well, I'm not really fond of the 'social networking' aspect myself, and don't display my friends list, but you're clearly passionate and I really appreciate that. I'd definitely be the first person to vote unequivocally in favour if, say, there were a poll suggesting that the number of Youtube slots ought to be doubled (I like displaying animation shorts and some nice musical arranges) - just different passions, really, I absolutely support you being able to express it.

Your poll options are a little ambiguous. Considering how restrictive the signature and avatar rules are, I can't see something that adds a potentially large load time to pages being accepted (up to 32 avatars, all of which could theoretically be animated, already seems like a lot by njaguar standards), but I've voted in 'favour' and would like to see it regardless of how likely feel it is to be implemented. Good luck with your suggestion.

This post was edited by Madotsuki on Oct 12 2014 03:36am
Gold: 8,355.04
Oct 12 2014 11:50pm
it seems rather pointless tbh, even with 32 slots the friends lists just go on forever. 64 is completely unnecessary
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll