d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Police Corruption In Texas
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Oct 10 2014 03:13pm
anyone here live in texas? i've heard of this for a while now, basically robbery by local law enforcement

how bad are things down there?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-texas-profiling_wittmar10-story.html#page=1

David Guillory, an attorney in Nacogdoches who filed the federal lawsuit, said he combed through Shelby County court records from 2006 to 2008 and discovered nearly 200 cases in which Tenaha police seized cash and property from motorists. In about 50 of the cases, suspects were charged with drug possession.

But in 147 others, Guillory said the court records showed, police seized cash, jewelry, cell phones and sometimes even automobiles from motorists but never found any contraband or charged them with any crime. Of those, Guillory said he managed to contact 40 of the motorists directly—and discovered all but one of them were black.

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 10 2014 03:13pm
Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 10 2014 03:40pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 10 2014 04:13pm)
anyone here live in texas? i've heard of this for a while now, basically robbery by local law enforcement

how bad are things down there?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-texas-profiling_wittmar10-story.html#page=1

David Guillory, an attorney in Nacogdoches who filed the federal lawsuit, said he combed through Shelby County court records from 2006 to 2008 and discovered nearly 200 cases in which Tenaha police seized cash and property from motorists. In about 50 of the cases, suspects were charged with drug possession.

But in 147 others, Guillory said the court records showed, police seized cash, jewelry, cell phones and sometimes even automobiles from motorists but never found any contraband or charged them with any crime. Of those, Guillory said he managed to contact 40 of the motorists directly—and discovered all but one of them were black.

Reminds me of the stories coming out of Mexico for years. Maybe they see what's going on across the border and want some of that?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll