d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Racial Tension Police Video Of The Day
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 9 2014 09:14pm

This video has sparked the usual all too familiar controversy.

Let me just provide an education before we get into this. When I get pulled over by the police i do the following (even with my white privilege) :
1) I turn my blinker on and drive slowly to a safe location for the officer and myself. You don't need to pull over immediately the blinker lets them know you see them and are pulling over. If it's dark out I'll even pull to a well lit parking lot and I will turn my dome light on. This puts everyone at ease.
2) I will roll my window down and place my hands on the steering wheel. I will not go reaching for anything until told to do so
3) when the officer is at my window i say "what's the problem officer?" in a friendly tone.
4) when asked to provide ID I do so.

I have never had a problem with the police.

Now this video doesn't show the entire stop so we don't really know how long the police were delayed by these people's antics. The police pulling their weapons that the lady mentions on the phone was due to the man in the passenger seat reaching into his backpack.

How hard is it to just comply with police during a simple traffic stop? All of this could have been avoided. There seems to be an epidemic of people refusing to cooperate with the police then being shocked at what happens next. What do you think is going to happen, the police just shrug it off say oh well and leave?
Gold: 0.69
Warn: 50%
Oct 9 2014 09:28pm
all he had to do was unlock door, instead they record, taunt and narrate

the struggle is real

edit: if this was seattle the cops would of opened fire after she said "gun" twice with an object towards cops

This post was edited by tonof_bellhey on Oct 9 2014 09:36pm
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 9 2014 09:42pm
I've been pulled over 3 times in my life, only been ticketed once. If you're polite, cops will be nice to you.
Gold: 1,990.00
Oct 9 2014 10:20pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 9 2014 08:42pm)
I've been pulled over 3 times in my life, only been ticketed once. If you're polite, cops will be nice to you.

cops were dicks to me when i got pulled over
but still. cab light on, hands on the steering wheel, dont be aggressive. not that hard
Gold: 583.69
Oct 10 2014 01:37am
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 10 2014 03:42am)

Right im sure your large sample size of 3 local policemen is enough to go ahead and assume every cop is a cheerful guy and none of them are bad people. They are all saints based on your in depth research of about 20 minutes of face time with 3 different policemen.
Gold: 45,015.90
Warn: 20%
Oct 10 2014 01:42am
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 9 2014 09:42pm)

Nope.
Gold: 129.89
Oct 10 2014 03:38am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Oct 9 2014 09:14pm)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyCNDZJOGA

This video has sparked the usual all too familiar controversy.

Let me just provide an education before we get into this.  When I get pulled over by the police i do the following (even with my white privilege) :
1) I turn my blinker on and drive slowly to a safe location for the officer and myself.  You don't need to pull over immediately the blinker lets them know you see them and are pulling over.  If it's dark out I'll even pull to a well lit parking lot and I will turn my dome light on.  This puts everyone at ease.
2) I will roll my window down and place my hands on the steering wheel.  I will not go reaching for anything until told to do so
3) when the officer is at my window i say "what's the problem officer?" in a friendly tone.
4) when asked to provide ID I do so.

I have never had a problem with the police.

Now this video doesn't show the entire stop so we don't really know how long the police were delayed by these people's antics.  The police pulling their weapons that the lady mentions on the phone was due to the man in the passenger seat reaching into his backpack.

How hard is it to just comply with police during a simple traffic stop?  All of this could have been avoided.  There seems to be an epidemic of people refusing to cooperate with the police then being shocked at what happens next.  What do you think is going to happen, the police just shrug it off say oh well and leave?

This situation the cops proly acted withing their boundaries tbh.... I hate police brutality more then the next person , but the idiots in this video just made it hard on themselves and even more hard on their kids.
Gold: 18,470.03
Oct 10 2014 08:34am
Quote (Hacintosh @ Oct 10 2014 02:37am)
Right im sure your large sample size of 3 local policemen is enough to go ahead and assume every cop is a cheerful guy and none of them are bad people. They are all saints based on your in depth research of about 20 minutes of face time with 3 different policemen.

Nobody has ever said any of that in the history of the universe.

What most reasonable people are saying is that the vast majority of cops are not going out of their way to get violent with people.
Gold: 1.50
Oct 10 2014 08:40am
I was expecting Al Sharpton to show up to egg them on.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 10 2014 08:41am
Quote (josh2234 @ 10 Oct 2014 09:38)
This situation the cops proly acted withing their boundaries tbh.... I hate police brutality more then the next person , but the idiots in this video just made it hard on themselves and even more hard on their kids.

I agree. The only option was to smash in the window and tase the guy. What else could they do?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll