d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox >
Poll > Is It To Late
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 840.50
Oct 4 2014 01:21pm
well some games are huge first month and then die completely after the first month (mostly because of exploits) ie Borderlands
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2014 08:52pm
Quote (Mick8666 @ Oct 3 2014 11:31pm)
will people be playing this for a long time?

Bungie has said that they will be working on and off of the destiny game and servers for the next ten years. So yes I'd say that it will be playable for many years to come. I've got around 45+ hours in on Xbox 360. And with the addition of weekly challenges and daily missions as well as new bounties and missions that change every day, its quite fun to have something new to do every day.

to each his own though I guess

good luck
Gold: 6,313.21
Oct 4 2014 08:54pm
Quote (ThaGunslinger @ Oct 4 2014 10:52pm)
Bungie has said that they will be working on and off of the destiny game and servers for the next ten years. So yes I'd say that it will be playable for many years to come. I've got around 45+ hours in on Xbox 360. And with the addition of weekly challenges and daily missions as well as new bounties and missions that change every day, its quite fun to have something new to do every day.

to each his own though I guess

good luck

10 years in the form of 2 sequels and 6 (planned) DLCs, not off this game alone.
Gold: 121.00
Oct 5 2014 02:15pm
ithe game is garbage tbh i regret paying 60$ for it
Gold: 25,073.01
Oct 5 2014 03:28pm
alright so this is taken solely from the opinion of someone who has played this game for a good while and enjoyed it thus far but...

The way I see it, the only reason destiny will survive to be a "long term" game is because literally every component of the game takes for fucking ever.... the title screen takes forever to load, you have to load up the god damn tower every fucking time you want to turn in an item/bounty, in order to hit the max level you have to farm legendaries in order to get better legendaries, in order to hit level 30. On top of that they nerfed acquiring ascendant shards significantly harder than it used to be (what do you know, more time). You can only do the raid once per week for items, which leaves you making new characters if you want to be "efficient", aka more play time. Are you starting to see a pattern?

The other thing that pissed me off is that they already have DLC content ready and waiting to go. This pisses me off because what is the point of them continuing to release "free" content when some people will pay for a DLC. And if you choose not to pay for additional content, the fact that you will be left behind compared to other players a few months after the games release date is retarded. The same shit happened to D3... instead of releasing additional content that SHOULD of came with the game, they are choose to release an expansion..... I think we all know how that worked out for Blizzard.

Honestly I doubt I will continue to play the game past december (when the DLC content is expected to hit), especially since the halo remakes will be re-released.
Gold: 3,600.91
Oct 5 2014 03:44pm
They plan on the game running for a decade. I don't think it will last that long but but atleast a year or 2. We shall wait and see. So far I like it since day one
Gold: 220.00
Oct 5 2014 04:24pm
yes and no
Gold: 1,550.01
Oct 5 2014 05:04pm
Quote (Epicexecution @ Oct 5 2014 02:28pm)
alright so this is taken solely from the opinion of someone who has played this game for a good while and enjoyed it thus far but...

The way I see it, the only reason destiny will survive to be a "long term" game is because literally every component of the game takes for fucking ever.... the title screen takes forever to load, you have to load up the god damn tower every fucking time you want to turn in an item/bounty, in order to hit the max level you have to farm legendaries in order to get better legendaries, in order to hit level 30.  On top of that they nerfed acquiring ascendant shards significantly harder than it used to be (what do you know, more time).  You can only do the raid once per week for items, which leaves you making new characters if you want to be "efficient", aka more play time.  Are you starting to see a pattern?

The other thing that pissed me off is that they already have DLC content ready and waiting to go.  This pisses me off because what is the point of them continuing to release "free" content when some people will pay for a DLC.  And if you choose not to pay for additional content, the fact that you will be left behind compared to other players a few months after the games release date is retarded.  The same shit happened to D3... instead of releasing additional content that SHOULD of came with the game, they are choose to release an expansion..... I think we all know how that worked out for Blizzard.

Honestly I doubt I will continue to play the game past december (when the DLC content is expected to hit), especially since the halo remakes will be re-released.

Blizzard released an expansion shortly after for every video game they made since The original sc. It ended up working out fine for all the other games. D3's demise occurred prior to the expansion, not as a result of it...
Gold: 1,247.00
Oct 5 2014 06:30pm
Quote (Chiefers @ Oct 5 2014 05:15pm)
ithe game is garbage tbh i regret paying 60$ for it

S C A M M E R
Gold: 25,073.01
Oct 5 2014 10:53pm
Quote (OtterJethro @ Oct 5 2014 11:04pm)
Blizzard released an expansion shortly after for every video game they made since The original sc. It ended up working out fine for all the other games. D3's demise occurred prior to the expansion, not as a result of it...

exactly, but my point was that instead of releasing additional content to a shitty/not complete game at a cost, that they should of done it for free to keep users around if they really wanted the game to succeed.

I think destiny is going to do the same thing blizzard did, because they are greedy
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll