d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > [gw2] How Do You Make Your Gold ? > Share Tips, Tricks And Advices Here
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.37
Oct 2 2014 11:18am
Quote (Infernaldeath @ Oct 2 2014 08:00am)
That's actually pretty interesting, considering the fact that I was running CoF on my Monk back in GW1 days. But there's still bosses to beat in Arah, which means that I would have to solo them with a warrior ? Soloing bosses is way harder in GW2 than it was back then in GW1.

yes. and no. some bosses are very easy to beat due to broken mechanics (get the boss to basically stand still), while other fights simply require memorization of the "tells" for skills and then proper dodging and skill rotations.

Quote (Ameziz @ Sep 29 2014 06:06am)
trading post

some people buy stuff, craft
some people buy low, sell high
some people invest, then wati for prices to higher

etc

good examples:
1) when a new patch comes out/ a new craftable item comes out, inevitably all of the materials will raise in value. remember when spinal blades backpieces came out? Iron and steel ingots shot through the roof, so people made a killing upgrading bronze to iron.
2) typically the buy low/ sell high requires a very strong understanding of a niche market and its velocity. In general not a good idea to try (IMO) just because in general, if a niche market appears, it closes quickly due to the number of other players looking for the same niche
3) investments are also risky, but can net huge profits. Think black lion skins. When they first come out, they are all 1 BL ticket (~100g ish), and may dip to 50-60g at certain points. Then once the BL ticket price goes up to 5, these skins slowly gain value as the trading post reserves deplete. However, there are never guarantees. Everyone who was holding onto monocles before the last boss blitz lost their shirts due to their re-release as a drop.
4) most reliable way to make money (for me) is simply daily dungeon runs (AC 1, 3, SE 1, 3, COF 1, COE 1, 2, 3 and fractal 50). I also have the time currently to do this type of thing (and I enjoy dungeons)
Gold: 212.00
Oct 2 2014 04:57pm
Quote (Infernaldeath @ Oct 2 2014 11:00am)
That's actually pretty interesting, considering the fact that I was running CoF on my Monk back in GW1 days. But there's still bosses to beat in Arah, which means that I would have to solo them with a warrior ? Soloing bosses is way harder in GW2 than it was back then in GW1.

Lupicus is the main dish in Arah
If you can 1v1 him, the rest are relatively easy to figure out
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 3 2014 10:16am
Quote (froacus @ Oct 2 2014 01:18pm)
yes. and no. some bosses are very easy to beat due to broken mechanics (get the boss to basically stand still), while other fights simply require memorization of the "tells" for skills and then proper dodging and skill rotations.

good examples:
1) when a new patch comes out/ a new craftable item comes out, inevitably all of the materials will raise in value. remember when spinal blades backpieces came out? Iron and steel ingots shot through the roof, so people made a killing upgrading bronze to iron.
2) typically the buy low/ sell high requires a very strong understanding of a niche market and its velocity. In general not a good idea to try (IMO) just because in general, if a niche market appears, it closes quickly due to the number of other players looking for the same niche
3) investments are also risky, but can net huge profits. Think black lion skins. When they first come out, they are all 1 BL ticket (~100g ish), and may dip to 50-60g at certain points. Then once the BL ticket price goes up to 5, these skins slowly gain value as the trading post reserves deplete. However, there are never guarantees. Everyone who was holding onto monocles before the last boss blitz lost their shirts due to their re-release as a drop.
4) most reliable way to make money (for me) is simply daily dungeon runs (AC 1, 3, SE 1, 3, COF 1, COE 1, 2, 3 and fractal 50). I also have the time currently to do this type of thing (and I enjoy dungeons)

Looks good :) Mind if I add you in games, I have to do more dungeons :P
Currently, I'm working to get 100% map completion on my Mesmer (99%, only 4 things missing) and my Guardian (around 70%).
Gold: 29,734.50
Oct 3 2014 12:15pm
Quote (Infernaldeath @ Oct 3 2014 05:16pm)
Currently, I'm working to get 100% map completion on my Mesmer (99%, only 4 things missing) and my Guardian (around 70%).

you play on EU or NA?

if EU, i can help you out i guess
Oct 3 2014 07:24pm
Quote (Infernaldeath @ Oct 2 2014 11:00am)

You can solo CoF on your monk in GW1?
Warn: 10%
Oct 3 2014 09:41pm
Quote (Ameziz @ Oct 3 2014 02:15pm)
you play on EU or NA?

if EU, i can help you out i guess

Damn, I play NA, Fort Aspenwood server.

Quote (GodSmiter @ Oct 3 2014 09:24pm)
You can solo CoF on your monk in GW1?

I used to, that's how I was making my money. Around 15k/run I think.
Gold: 13.37
Oct 4 2014 01:58am
Quote (Infernaldeath @ Oct 3 2014 08:16am)

of course! ill pm you my IGN.

im on BG (NA)
Gold: 277.00
Oct 4 2014 01:48pm
Step 1: Make a female character...preferably a human.
Step 2: Find a busy hub with a lot of players.
Step 3: Take off your armour.
Step 4: Start talking all flirty.
Step 5: Hook a lonely nerd.
Step 6: Drain the lonely nerd of his gold.
Step 7: Profit.
Gold: 137.50
Dec 10 2014 08:36am
Quote (TSBoyer @ 29 Sep 2014 18:00)
Learn how to run Arah paths solo as a Warrior "which is actually doable"
And then sell the party slots to players who want to complete those paths for achievements

This is what I mean to define it:
* Go solo an Arah path with your Warrior, get to the final boss
* Post in the LFG that you are selling the Arah path for anywhere between 4g and 7g "depends on who else is running/selling Arah paths at the time and if they are undercutting"
* Even at 4g a slot, that's 16g a pop with a full party when you bring them in the dungeon and finish the boss
~ Make sure they all send and pay before you kill the boss

You can do this same thing with any dungeon path
It's just a matter of figuring out how to solo it yourself and keep those slots open till end

ive soloed the boss as necromancer in gw2 with ALOT of kiting but it was fun and i dident have that good gear either.
Its all about how you play you dont need to have good gear even just play the game how u like it :)

Quote (Kurow @ 4 Oct 2014 21:48)
Step 1: Make a female character...preferably a human.
Step 2: Find a busy hub with a lot of players.
Step 3: Take off your armour.
Step 4: Start talking all flirty.
Step 5: Hook a lonely nerd.
Step 6: Drain the lonely nerd of his gold.
Step 7: Profit.

What dont we do for money, like on wow u can just dance on a mailbox as female and ppl start trading u 100g and after a few hours i made about 50k gold so yeah..... so manny ppl so are retarded :)

This post was edited by zittla on Dec 10 2014 08:38am
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll