d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Int & Vita Item Suggestion > Very Minor Add
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,691.68
Sep 29 2014 12:40am
This is just a simple add. We know that +Vita items don't mean much, and that +Intelligence
items are pretty much caster related only. So this is my idea.

For each point of Vitality or Intellegence on an item only... you get +2 to the relative pool [life or mana]
NOTE: this is NOT per level of character, and does NOT increase for tier levels.

EXAMPLE: +25 vitality charm on main slot will also add +50 life.

It isn't really much at all... not sure if it would make any difference to gameplay except maybe casters get a
minor increase in their mana pool... and if they are lucky with having vitality also on the item, they get a little
extra life.

Gold: 51.35
Sep 29 2014 02:39am
yes
Gold: 81,680.73
Sep 29 2014 02:52am
Sure, who doesn't want a bigger hp/mana pool?
Gold: 107.42
Sep 29 2014 05:23am
voted yes
gonna be such a minor difference that it doesn't really matter, except for unspawnables it would boost the overpowerness of them.
Gold: 482.43
Sep 29 2014 05:31am
wow, something I agree with. but imo should be 2hp per vita per lvl like normal hp boost
Gold: 79,066.03
Sep 29 2014 06:19am
Quote (klinezerokilla @ Sep 29 2014 07:31am)
wow, something I agree with. but imo should be 2hp per vita per lvl like normal hp boost

So at lvl 70 an item with 20 vita would give 20 x 2 x 70 = 2,800 extra HP? Either I don't understand your add, I calculated it wrong, or it is too OP.
Gold: 33,836.87
Sep 29 2014 06:42am
What about this:

I. Vitality is a Stat
Lets first begin by realizing what +Vitality is. Vitality is a Stat. It is NOT a Sidemod. It is essential not to confuse this idea as it is key to this entire thought process. That being the case as the status quo, +vitality is pretty much a useless stat on gear. Don’t confuse yourself into thinking of it as a Sidemod and saying my 200ee lvl 35 Padded Robe with 50vit is useful. Think of it as if you’re going to buy and seek out a piece of gear if the stat stands alone. Are you going to use that Robe if it only had +50vit on it? I’m sure you would be loving life if it instead had any of the Other Stats of +50 Int/Str/Dex.

II. Vitality is Imbalanced
Paul realized the imbalance of melee gear in the past with +str & +dex. This was fixed by adding in the Ratio. Although I had to buy an entirely new Melee armors / charms to work with my daggers, I like and fully support the change. I believe it’s time for Paul to also fix the +int & +vit imbalance. The answer is to have casting assume a similar ratio strategy to melee, but instead utilizing Vitality/Int.

The obvious question that comes to mind is “How can this work with +Vit being tied to life and +Int being tied to Mana” Paul is clever and I’m sure could brainstorm many solutions. Off the top of my head, one easy way is to have a “int/vit orb checkbox that enables roll reversal for life/mana.” Another idea is to simply have the charms to use various percentages of life/mana to cast. This would ofc follow that of the specified ratio. Etc, Etc and more ideas are welcome.

III. Final Thoughts
Although this idea will INITIALLY be taken as the least favorable choice, I believe the same could have been said for str/dex before it had time to shake out. Think of the new dimensions this game can take if Immunities are re-introduced and ratios exist for both melee & caster. The “Best Character” at this point in time will become a character that can both Melee & Cast. Look at the Monk abilities and think about the possibilities. Having a +Vit/+Int ratio can then have charm choices dependent on what gear you got. The possibilities are endless and rest assured that this addition would provide more variety in builds and more possibilities in your gear make-ups.

This post was edited by Stok3d on Sep 29 2014 06:44am
Gold: 70,574.31
Sep 29 2014 06:50am
i dont see where casters need more mana . Warlock and alchemist is just fine. If you cast on a mage dont expect the megachar, its a feeder. If you cast anything else its your own fault , game is not really designed for it. (yet?)
i also dont see how (2? life per vitapoint) 50 extra life could bring any help... a I glyph is better then that..

but hey, to avoid a rexian wall of text and getting flamed how much bullshit im telling, i fully agree to this brilliant idea and vote yes !

keep em coming !

This post was edited by sp_patl on Sep 29 2014 06:52am
Gold: 6.60
Sep 29 2014 07:31am
Quote (Stok3d @ Sep 29 2014 08:42am)
What about this:

I. Vitality is a Stat
Lets first begin by realizing what +Vitality is. Vitality is a Stat. It is NOT a Sidemod. It is essential not to confuse this idea as it is key to this entire thought process. That being the case as the status quo, +vitality is pretty much a useless stat on gear. Don’t confuse yourself into thinking of it as a Sidemod and saying my 200ee lvl 35 Padded Robe with 50vit is useful. Think of it as if you’re going to buy and seek out a piece of gear if the stat stands alone. Are you going to use that Robe if it only had +50vit on it? I’m sure you would be loving life if it instead had any of the Other Stats of +50 Int/Str/Dex.

II. Vitality is Imbalanced
Paul realized the imbalance of melee gear in the past with +str & +dex. This was fixed by adding in the Ratio. Although I had to buy an entirely new Melee armors / charms to work with my daggers, I like and fully support the change. I believe it’s time for Paul to also fix the +int & +vit imbalance. The answer is to have casting assume a similar ratio strategy to melee, but instead utilizing Vitality/Int.

The obvious question that comes to mind is “How can this work with +Vit being tied to life and +Int being tied to Mana” Paul is clever and I’m sure could brainstorm many solutions. Off the top of my head, one easy way is to have a “int/vit orb checkbox that enables roll reversal for life/mana.” Another idea is to simply have the charms to use various percentages of life/mana to cast. This would ofc follow that of the specified ratio. Etc, Etc and more ideas are welcome.

III. Final Thoughts
Although this idea will INITIALLY be taken as the least favorable choice, I believe the same could have been said for str/dex before it had time to shake out. Think of the new dimensions this game can take if Immunities are re-introduced and ratios exist for both melee & caster. The “Best Character” at this point in time will become a character that can both Melee & Cast. Look at the Monk abilities and think about the possibilities. Having a +Vit/+Int ratio can then have charm choices dependent on what gear you got. The possibilities are endless and rest assured that this addition would provide more variety in builds and more possibilities in your gear make-ups.

str/dex ratios do nothing. All that changed is which stats we use for items. Now instead of all str for characters the game can be done with nothing but dex. And crits are random now instead of stat based. It was a great idea and at first glance looks complicated but it is indeed not complicated at all and does nothing really.

E on topic to your suggestion i dont think 2 life per vita would be useful in the long run. TO be effective it would have to be something a little more substantial like 5-8 per vita or per lvl per vita as is with base vita.

This post was edited by SmokeyMcPot1990 on Sep 29 2014 07:32am
Gold: 482.43
Sep 29 2014 08:01am
Quote (hasteful @ Sep 29 2014 05:19am)
So at lvl 70 an item with 20 vita would give 20 x 2 x 70 = 2,800 extra HP? Either I don't understand your add, I calculated it wrong, or it is too OP.

to clarify I should have said tier ie would be 20*14*2 so 560 hp for a 20 vit charm tier xiv

This post was edited by klinezerokilla on Sep 29 2014 08:01am
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll