d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Books & Literature > Paying Generous Finders Fee For > Vintage Nietzsche Book
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 131.00
Sep 26 2014 03:15pm
I am offering a 2000 fg finder's fee for anyone who can help me locate a vintage English translated copy of Nietzsche's "The Gay Science."

When I say "vintage" I mean a second edition, printed early 1900's. Don't bother with first printings because those will be out of my price range (capping my spending at $300... Usually really old books take a steep nose dive in price if they are not first printings, so i think a really old copy could be found in this price range). I'm interested in first editions too, but would probably be out of my price range.

I am only interested in a copy that is in relatively good shape which can be put on display, maybe even handled.
I will only pay the finder's fee if I end up purchasing the book.

and most importantly,
the deadline is October 18th

I know that this is not a highly frequented part of the forum but I'm desperate to find this book and I'm hoping someone can help.

This post was edited by Paran0id on Sep 26 2014 03:35pm
Gold: 131.00
Sep 26 2014 06:25pm
nevermind, found one on my own :)
Gold: 0.00
Sep 29 2014 04:16pm
One tip to you, if you're really serious about Nietzsche, he will not be understandable unless you throw off pretty much every conception you've learned in uni studies. He is purposefully allusive - he does not want to be deciphered by the unclean.

PM me if you want to know more.
Go Back To Books & Literature Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll