d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Fishing
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 575.25
Sep 26 2014 12:50pm
seems as everyone has a different opinions, please elaborate on your answers.

1:What type of rod do you prefer? current tier, a tier higher what

2: what does rod durability do? Paul hasn't made any official statement on the subject, how does it help?

3: do you fish at your level or above?

4: Any advice for a new fisher?

This post was edited by SilentXer0 on Sep 26 2014 12:51pm
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 26 2014 12:55pm
Same Tier as the fish is.
When the fish makes it move the "fishing rod"-bar moves faster if you dont have durability.... so the higher dura you have the slower that bar moves and the easier it gets to reel in a fish.
My level, i would maybe do wellfishing if i was close to 15 or 30 and do higher.
Use Rods with dura and be patient!
Gold: 23,239.46
Sep 26 2014 01:17pm
I love to use duraless fishing rods (fish tier +1) :)
If you have low dura rods use as if would be duraless imo.

But high dura rods doin' great job, but they're extremely rare & expensive...
Gold: 198.86
Sep 28 2014 05:29pm
Quote (SilentXer0 @ Sep 26 2014 11:50am)
seems as everyone has a different opinions,  please elaborate on your answers.

1:What type of rod do you prefer?  current tier, a tier higher what

2: what does rod durability do?  Paul hasn't made any official statement on the subject,  how does it help?

I usually use the next tier up from my fishing level.
Higher durability makes a noticeable difference in ease of fishing.
I fish at whatever the pond sets it at. Unless you have a +skill level rod, then feel free to set it to a higher level. IE, when you are one level away from catching the next level fish, a +skill level rod can let you get those fish easier, to get a jump start on the stacks.
Advice? Not really, I used to pick stack sizes, but since Paul has increased the minimums of each tier, I just let the stacks build themselves.
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 28 2014 10:49pm
I don't really fish as for skilling for any other purpose than doing something while I am regen'ning.
So my answers can be voided [only ever hit Rank 4 on SC and only got a Rank2 atm]

1:What type of rod do you prefer?
...Rank3 fishing with a TierI Rod with 25 Durability.

2: what does rod durability do?
... Don't have a single clue, all I know is that it made it much easier to hold down and just catch fish and not worry too much on Snag

... Since Rank 2 and fishing Rank 3... so above

... Simply like #2... if you start with a 25 dura Tier1 Rod and fishing Rank1-2... pretty easy to just hold down without worrying too much.
... As for higher... no clue.

EDIT I basically move perfect fish to another character until I get a good cooking skill enough to cook them 100% everytime.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 28 2014 10:51pm
Gold: 482.43
Sep 29 2014 05:48am
1 I prefer current tier no dura rods, easier to find
2 makes rods harder to snap
3 I fish at my level current 16
4 for a new fisher id suggest keeping all the white rods you can find and stock up, dura rods are very rare and can become more expensive than they are worth
Gold: 1,736.94
Sep 29 2014 03:50pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ Sep 29 2014 05:49am)
I don't really fish as for skilling for any other purpose than doing something while I am regen'ning.
So my answers can be voided [only ever hit Rank 4 on SC and only got a Rank2 atm]

2: what does rod durability do?
... Don't have a single clue, all I know is that it made it much easier to hold down and just catch fish and not worry too much on Snag

... omg NO ! Click "reel" ONLY ONCE, let the fish move, click "reel" once again etc. - if there is a snag, hit "snag" only once (as well) and wait for the fish's next move - etc.
When you answer a snag right, the reeling gets faster - if you hold it down, you cant react like you are supposed to.
Clicking "reel" (by holding it down, you will ofc) when there is a snag, breaks your rod in one move if you are unlucky. Same with clicking "snag" if there is a normal reel needed ...
c'mon that's basic stuff.
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 29 2014 05:50pm
Quote (Verdun @ Sep 30 2014 10:50am)
... omg NO ! Click "reel" ONLY ONCE, let the fish move, click "reel" once again etc. - if there is a snag, hit "snag" only once (as well) and wait for the fish's next move - etc.
When you answer a snag right, the reeling gets faster - if you hold it down, you cant react like you are supposed to.
Clicking "reel" (by holding it down, you will ofc) when there is a snag, breaks your rod in one move if you are unlucky. Same with clicking "snag" if there is a normal reel needed ...
c'mon that's basic stuff.

What? I found that with Durability I was able to "Reel" in chunks more often than in 1-3 pixels, this was also noticeable when it snagged, it would not be in massive chunks like 1/3 bar going down, it was more like 1/5... thus I was able to just Click on Reel [once] and right click [hold] and catch the fish without breaking the Rod. BUT... if you have read it... I am not sure on higher fishing levels and "Don't have a single clue".

So... what is your understanding on Durability? Since you have made this comment... how does it work exactly?

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 29 2014 05:51pm
Gold: 338.32
Sep 29 2014 06:17pm
1- I fish with current tier rods, white or dura if I can find some cheap enough.
2- Makes the Rod harder to snap and easier to reel in the fish.
3- Typically current level. However for a while using 40+ dura Tier 2 rods I was able to fish level 10 at fishing rank 6 and catch cod fish to feed my cooking addiction.
4- Be patient. You are GOING to snap rods period, just don't get frustrated, keep at it, and have fun. :thumbsup:
Gold: 900.41
Sep 29 2014 07:29pm
No clue about any of these but I would like to say fishing is fun irl but this skill is terrible. It could be made fun and some might actually like doing it
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll