d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Combat Commences
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,720.00
Oct 15 2014 04:31am
Active duty,
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 15 2014 04:38am
Quote (XXHATEBREEDXX @ Oct 15 2014 05:31am)
Active duty,

Ah, so more tours are possibly still in order?
Gold: 0.76
Oct 15 2014 05:31am
Quote (XXHATEBREEDXX @ 13 Oct 2014 20:10)
You must be very naïve, either that or ignorant of the reality of war and the ideology we are facing, quite possibly both.

War waged by Dar al Islam against Dar al Harb will never end until one destroys the other.

I consider all war efforts by a populace that sustain and support the enemy legitimate targets. Without logistical support Armies cannot

survive.

And I am so Naive and ignorant that I believe that there was war in the Middle East before the first U.S. boots hit the sand, and there will be war after we leave (if we ever leave).

by your definition of the Total War Concept then it would be reasonable to consider any attack that ISIS carried out on mainland USA to be simply aimed at a populace that sustains and supports their enemy and as such would be an act of war, not terrorism?
Gold: 285.00
Oct 15 2014 06:33am
Quote (thundercock @ Sep 24 2014 09:18pm)
It's our moral obligation to police the world just like it's our moral obligation to give to charity. I don't think you understand what the word "indiscriminate" means given that we're targeting very small areas right now. That is the plan that the government has gone with at the moment. The fact that we're working with other Arab countries on this is a good thing.

So are we the only moral country in the world? No one has ever said that the problems of the world shouldn't be addressed, but why is it our moral obligation for the past 70 years, even more so now? Where is the rest of the world? Why is it so ridiculous to sit back and let someone else take the reins and support them? God forbid that useless continent of Europe actually steps their game up sometime within this century.

It doesn't matter how many things we may have fucked up, like the Iraq war or anything before it, the US has stabilized the world for decades, it deserves a break.

You can see how much the entire Middle East hates ISIS. Even if no one from outside the Arab world intervened, at some point Arab nations would unite to deal with threat. If they didn't, then they would slowly topple. They know this, and they do not want this. The only reason they haven't done anything is because the Western world has been doing the heavy lifting for them for decades.

Even if this threat ends, it will not end the regional dispute between different factions of Islam. It will be hard to weed this problem out, but outsiders such us Westerners would most likely be the last ones to be able to change that. That's a problem that has to be solved internally.
Gold: 1,720.00
Oct 16 2014 05:50am
Quote (Valhalls_Sun @ Oct 15 2014 05:31am)
And I am so Naive and ignorant that I believe that there was war in the Middle East before the first U.S. boots hit the sand, and there will be war after we leave (if we ever leave).

by your definition of theTotal War Concept then it would be reasonable to consider any attack that ISIS carried out on mainland USA to be simply aimed at a populace that sustains and supports their enemy and as such would be an act of war, not terrorism?

There will always be war in the middle east whether we are there or not.

My point is that the current doctrine we use is useless. Fight to win if you are going to fight.

As for your question, any attack upon the United States is an attack period label it what you want.

They already attack civilian targets. All attacks are calculated Asymmetrical warfare
Do you think IS is going to fix bayonets and charge in a column formation?

Terrorists goal is to make you alter your way of life and live in fear of the possibility of death.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll