d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Watching The Nfl Is Immoral
Prev123458Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,470.03
Sep 18 2014 08:25am
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 18 2014 09:21am)
Not a good time to be an NFL ballplayer right now.

At any given point you can be crucified and paraded around for the sake of others enjoyment for doing things that other people do everyday and nobody cares about.

Sounds a lot like people being fired for saying things on twitter which I don't recall you coming to their defense.
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 18 2014 08:27am
Quote (Skinned @ Sep 18 2014 10:21am)
Not a good time to be an NFL ballplayer right now.

At any given point you can be crucified and paraded around for the sake of others enjoyment for doing things that other people do everyday and nobody cares about.

...agreed...if everyone in our country lost their paycheck for domestic abuse I imagine unemployment would be around 30% and as Charles Barkley said this past Sunday if whipping a child is illegal every black mother in the South would be in jail ( yeah , I was quite shocked to hear him say that on network television . He managed to shock James Brown speechless :lol: )
Gold: 18,470.03
Sep 18 2014 08:29am
Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Sep 18 2014 09:20am)
...it's like all of a sudden you believe in objective morality ...is there a particular set of objective moral beliefs you hold that cause you to brand the NFL this way ?

Causing harm to people is wrong. This sport is fueled off of spectators. It makes you a willing participant and complicit in an activity where people are essentially losing their lives. What I mean by that is when your brain is damaged to the point where you don't recognize your family, all that made you who you are is gone. This sport is destroying lives for entertainment's sake, and is completely unnecessary. Then you have the NFL covering that fact up to continue profiting off it. It's a very clear picture of immorality.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 18 2014 08:32am
Quote (the_rest @ 18 Sep 2014 17:20)
there is nothing to debate. many things should be immoral, but are not.

better let's consider things that should be moral. for example, broccolli

Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 18 2014 08:37am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Sep 18 2014 09:23am)
No they're not but when do they get seduced into the culture of being a professional athlete?  High school at the latest.  From that point on their life is on a track, and is not likely to be derailed by someone saying hey you could face these health problems later on, and NO ONE is telling them that.  Just the opposite the NFL has covered it up.

These guys choose playing at the highest level(and being rich) over having a real career making significantly less money. Get over it.

This post was edited by IceMage on Sep 18 2014 08:37am
Gold: 7,252.72
Sep 18 2014 08:38am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Sep 18 2014 10:29am)
Causing harm to people is wrong.  This sport is fueled off of spectators.  It makes you a willing participant and complicit in an activity where people are essentially losing their lives.  What I mean by that is when your brain is damaged to the point where you don't recognize your family, all that made you who you are is gone.  This sport is destroying lives for entertainment's sake, and is completely unnecessary.  Then you have the NFL covering that fact up to continue profiting off it.  It's a very clear picture of immorality.

...mutual combat is an accepted social norm . That you chose football instead of boxing or rugby or even NASCAR , where hundreds of thousands of spectators line the track in the hopes of a spectacular crash tells me that your problems with the NFL go beyond morality and speak to some other issue ( or are you merely jumping on the current popular PC target , expressing nothing more than herd mentalityfacebook/twitter outrage about something you really don't care about at all ? ) .
Gold: 13.95
Sep 18 2014 08:38am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Sep 18 2014 09:29am)
Causing harm to people is wrong.  This sport is fueled off of spectators.  It makes you a willing participant and complicit in an activity where people are essentially losing their lives.  What I mean by that is when your brain is damaged to the point where you don't recognize your family, all that made you who you are is gone.  This sport is destroying lives for entertainment's sake, and is completely unnecessary.  Then you have the NFL covering that fact up to continue profiting off it.  It's a very clear picture of immorality.

So you'd ban the sport , if you were capable of it?
Gold: 500.00
Sep 18 2014 09:37am
So no boxing?
Gold: 5,016.77
Sep 18 2014 09:41am
Quote (duffman316 @ Sep 18 2014 10:37am)
So no boxing?

Or MMA.

Cheerleaders occasionally fall on their heads. Ban it.
Gold: 1,382.83
Sep 18 2014 09:46am
Quote (nineinchnailz @ Sep 18 2014 10:29am)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Obviously they know the risks, and obviously they believe it to be worth it.

Quote (WidowMaKer_MK @ Sep 18 2014 10:38am)
...mutual combat is an accepted social norm . That you chose football instead of boxing or rugby or even NASCAR , where hundreds of thousands of spectators line the track in the hopes of a spectacular crash tells me that your problems with the NFL go beyond morality and speak to some other issue ( or are you merely jumping on the current popular PC target , expressing nothing more than herd mentalityfacebook/twitter outrage about something you really don't care about at all ? ) .

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123458Next
Closed New Topic New Poll