d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Is There A Difference In Cores & Gameplay? > Not Game Mechanics
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 17 2014 05:53pm
Remember, not game mechanics.

Summary: There is a big difference to me:
1. Lack of players
2. Available items [less for Hardcore]
3. Death of character losing items and profs combined
4. Starting stat points of a character build.
5. Attitude towards making a group run [letting a newcomer join or kick (excludes pre arranged group runs etc)]
6. Full group runs [public/mixed] attitude... i.e. "Mine, Mine, Mine-Mine-Mine".
7. Hoarding items... individually or guild.

Would you agree to these listed, or it makes no difference to you.
Gold: 50,031.91
Sep 17 2014 05:58pm
From experience, finding a group on either core was equally as frustrating, and players were equally as rude. Not really much of a difference other than one thing: on hc, most players have two separate toons for skilling and playing. On sc, their main toon will be their skiller.
Members++
Gold: 505,061.21
Trader: Trusted
Sep 17 2014 06:13pm
Well SC has better clickers and gear.
HC has some nicer ppl that are more friendly.

The ppl on sc I play mostly with the ppl they already played with before and know how they are clicking.
Hardcore is a more closed group of players and I believe they are more open to play with new players (THAT HAS GEAR OFC) to get a group going since the low playerbase.
Members++
Sep 17 2014 06:15pm
When it comes to this game, there is no such thing as pussy/man core.

This game is easy, and there is no risk of dying in doin some low lvl farming.

SC is more "manly" because of all the MM and other high lvl farming-attempts.

crap, was meant to copy and edit it into my old post.. sry ^^

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Sep 17 2014 06:15pm
Gold: 8,888.88
Sep 17 2014 06:33pm
Quote (pwb3 @ Sep 18 2014 11:58am)
From experience, finding a group on either core was equally as frustrating, and players were equally as rude. Not really much of a difference other than one thing: on hc, most players have two separate toons for skilling and playing. On sc, their main toon will be their skiller.

Guess my experience in cores were different... I can only say for myself, I have not changed in my attitude in helping a new person/people out on either core.
Forgot about skiller / climber... probably because I don't skill much, and if I do, it is on my climber anyway... great post thank you.

Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 18 2014 12:13pm)
Well SC has better clickers and gear.
HC has some nicer ppl that are more friendly.

The ppl on sc I play mostly with the ppl they already played with before and know how they are clicking.
Hardcore is a more closed group of players and I believe they are more open to play with new players (THAT HAS GEAR OFC) to get a group going since the low playerbase.

FIXED... :D all good.

Based on SC gear + death NOT losing gear [excl prof] ... does that make it easier for that core to do MM or high level farming?
For me personally... that makes a big difference, and yes "There are no rewards if you don't take any risks", but again, easier for SC.
And I still remember the introduction of Elemental Education... that was a risk without any rewards for certain.

Great post again... thank you for that.

EDIT: And yes, Hardcore can utilise potions to help them with MM and also Higher level farming attempts, but, those items are less because of lack of players once again, it is basically a spiral.

Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ Sep 18 2014 12:48pm)
0 risk though in doing so.

You can easily lose your mq setup due to anything out of the ordinary ( ddos to jsp , your isp taking a shit , power outage etc etc)

One weak link in your group can cause catastrophe come on a hard quest at 65+..

Your main has died 587 times. Thats 587 sets of gear that would be ripped on HC. I know if you had the HC mind-set you wouldn't of let that char rip damn near 600 times but I bet you that you would have ripped a few mq sets if you put the same time on SC if you did HC.

Some good points, but I think the 587 deaths was because that character was a Weller Mage for the old days, so it kinda diffuses your statement a little.
Mind you... I know where you are coming from... my SC character Rank22 Swords had a total of 22 Deaths ... that is 22 MQ setups.

This is not an edit getting at your points... it is just rectifying any comebacks that may make your point invalid.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Sep 17 2014 06:54pm
Gold: 0.70
Sep 17 2014 06:48pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 07:15pm)

You can easily lose your mq setup due to anything out of the ordinary ( ddos to jsp , your ISP taking a shit , power outage etc etc)

Your main has died 587 times. Thats 587 sets of gear that would be ripped on HC. I know if you had the HC mind-set you wouldn't of let that char rip damn near 600 times but I bet you that you would have ripped a few mq sets if you put the same time on HC that you did in SC

This post was edited by lxxgatmanxxl on Sep 17 2014 06:50pm
Members++
Sep 17 2014 06:52pm
Well theres ofc alot more and better gear on sc than there is on hc, because of the amount of players.

There is always the risk of dying but ppl on hc are playing it waaaay too safe, which is why most of the climbs take longer time to finish.
Alot of points are spent into VITA..... Which instead could be spent to more dmg.

Idk whats normal on hc to stat on a warlock, but on sc we roll as base 35 if we do black 1-71
and if we would explore like 40-45+ as hc does all the climbs i would roll ~35-50 vit max no more at all..
WL need the int or it will run oom which sucks on hc, because you normally do it every level (depending on how good your group are clicking)

First time we tried to do 1-101 on sc with our g/o group with terrible setup for it we did it in 1h 41min i believe.
That is mostly faster than random groups does 1-71 on sc and by far faster than a 1-71 on hc ;/

I would love to see how long it would take hc to do that lol, if they put together the 5 best clickers and gears to do it.
Members++
Sep 17 2014 06:56pm
Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ 18 Sep 2014 02:48)

You can easily lose your mq setup due to anything out of the ordinary ( ddos to jsp , your ISP taking a shit , power outage etc etc)

Your main has died 587 times. Thats 587 sets of gear that would be ripped on HC. I know if you had the HC mind-set you wouldn't of let that char rip damn near 600 times but I bet you that you would have ripped a few mq sets if you put the same time on HC that you did in SC

Not really, only if it happen to EPs when on high level soloing.
In group there is almost no risk at all, most hc players never let anyone down below 60-70% life before they start healing everyone fully up again.
So even if the site was under attack you would not die because it would send you out of the game before your life went down to 0.

My main have died 400 times in old PVP / welling sessions from years before when it was ALOT harder and a t3 longsword would crit u 2.5k
I've also ripped it probably 100 times on purpose to get my prof down to 0... (this was before i was collecting prof)

When i've died lately have been on high level farming.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Sep 17 2014 06:57pm
Gold: 0.70
Sep 17 2014 06:58pm
Quote (RistVaLL @ Sep 17 2014 07:52pm)
Well theres ofc alot more and better gear on sc than there is on hc, because of the amount of players.

There is always the risk of dying but ppl on hc are playing it waaaay too safe, which is why most of the climbs take longer time to finish.
Alot of points are spent into VITA..... Which instead could be spent to more dmg.

Idk whats normal on hc to stat on a warlock, but on sc we roll as base 35 if we do black 1-71
and if we would explore like 40-45+ as hc does all the climbs i would roll ~35-50 vit max no more at all..
WL need the int or it will run oom which sucks on hc, because you normally do it every level (depending on how good your group are clicking)

First time we tried to do 1-101 on sc with our g/o group with terrible setup for it we did it in 1h 41min i believe.
That is mostly faster than random groups does 1-71 on sc and by far faster than a 1-71 on hc ;/

I would love to see how long it would take hc to do that lol, if they put together the 5 best clickers and gears to do it.

But you can be greedy with stat points like that on SC because a death is only loss of prof. No one really expects to die on HC unless something server side or something out of the ordinary happens. It's mostly why all those vita points are taken. One 3-5 second lag spike on a 7+ EP wave pull would be enough to kill any clothie in the group at a high level. People are more statting vs those situations imo.

Not sure how fast the best group on HC would do it. Maybe they could get within a half hour - forty five minutes of that time but it would be risky. They'd have to be greedy with the way they stat and it wouldn't be worth it imo.

This post was edited by lxxgatmanxxl on Sep 17 2014 06:59pm
Members++
Sep 17 2014 07:02pm
Quote (lxxgatmanxxl @ 18 Sep 2014 02:58)
But you can be greedy with stat points like that on SC because a death is only loss of prof. No one really expects to die on HC unless something server side or out of the ordinary happens. It's mostly why all those vita points are taken. One 3-5 second lag spike on a full EP wave pull would be enough to kill any clothie in the group at a high level. People are more statting vs those situations imo.

Not sure how fast the best group on HC would do it. I'm sure they could get within a half hour - forty five minutes of that time but it would be risky. They'd have to be greedy with the way they stat and it wouldn't be worth it imo.

I've never seen someone die in our climbs blacking 1-71 on sc.

"One 3-5 second lag spike on a full EP wave"

No its not, because most hc climbs are exploring at 40-45+
and at that point you guys have 3.3k life, and if the server is going down all 5 of you wont click, which means that ep will do like ~20 hits while no1 is hitting them back (which means that you will be d/c from cata automatically)
the tank would be in risk, but he would prolly have way more life since hes tanking so he would prolly have ~4.5k life with a EE armor on himself so hes not taking any heavy hits.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll